Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi vs DJI go 4
123Next >
10721 107 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Ok, so lets get some ideas. Which one is the best overall, and why? What can the one do, that the other can not?
Anyone have point for point differences eg different quikshot modes etc?
If u use both, why?
Single SelectVote, Total 168 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

44.64% (75)
17.86% (30)
1.19% (2)
36.31% (61)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-7-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

You hould add point 4 to choose both. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I only use Litchi for way points and VR flying
2018-7-28
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

arrrrr another one hehe
2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
Captain
South Africa

Added both, thanks. Can you be more detailed on the differences please, mostly for Mavic Air specific settings.
2018-7-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-28 03:45
Added both, thanks. Can you be more detailed on the differences please?

To me the Dji Go4 app seems much more stable and i do not drop signal strenght as quick as to when flying with Litchi, with Litchi i get around 1,5km and signal drops to 45% but with Go4 in the same area i go around 2.5 km before losing a bar or 2 on signal. Litchi I must admit seems to be much better for me in regards to latency on my video feed, seems much more stable and have never got a disconnect with it so far, The VR mode and Waypoints is amazing including the Track mode and Orbit, also the pano shots tends to look better when done with Litchi. The Go4 gives a much more detailed reporting as to drone status, battery, compass and imu issues. When i decide to use Litchi I always open go4 first check status of drone then close and open up litchi.
2018-7-28
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
Captain
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

I now use one month of Litchi because the App Go 4 has become unusable due to the green layers on the map.
The advantage of Litchi is the smooth video feed.
The iPad also becomes less warm during use.

2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
Captain
South Africa

Thanks Suren, appreciate the detail.
For me, i have yet to reach more than 1km without signal loss on the Mavic Air with DJI go, which is a huge disappointment.  My MA is in for repairs, but DJI Cape Town gave me a loan unit, which i also can not get to fly more than around 800 meters without the dreaded signal loss. Also, just to clear things up, i am talking about all types of areas, in SA and Namibia, around 800m and less...... Hence, wondering if Litchi would help.
2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
Captain
South Africa

@Vliegende Hollander
Do u notice any signal disconnection, any instability with Litchi that u would say makes it a problem to fly with?
2018-7-28
Use props
saviour
First Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft

Definitely both.

Litchi contra: harder to change your camera settings (shutter speed, iso etc) because you have to press the + and - button several times which is really annoying.

DJI Go contra: obvious: no waypoints.
2018-7-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-28 04:17
Thanks Suren, appreciate the detail.
For me, i have yet to reach more than 1km without signal loss on the Mavic Air with DJI go, which is a huge disappointment.  My MA is in for repairs, but DJI Cape Town gave me a loan unit, which i also can not get to fly more than around 800 meters without the dreaded signal loss. Also, just to clear things up, i am talking about all types of areas, in SA and Namibia, around 800m and less...... Hence, wondering if Litchi would help.

I fly the Pro and can reach over 6km before starting to get warnings about signal
2018-7-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Because we in a CE area try this below, i use this to get the max range when flying, but note that you must be on 4.2.12 of the Go App or earlier for this to work, have not tireid on the newer version as yet
2018-7-28
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
Captain
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-28 04:21
@Vliegende Hollander
Do u notice any signal disconnection, any instability with Litchi that u would say makes it a problem to fly with?

I notice no difference in signal strength or instability, no dropping connection.

I use an iPad mini 4, it works flawlessly.
2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
Captain
South Africa

@Suren
Is that configuration change always on, or is it something u can toggle on and off?
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I recommend using the DJI Go or the DJI Go 4 Application for your Drone for compatibility and reliability purposes.
2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
Captain
South Africa

Thank u Stephen. Although i agree, it is also recommended that the DJI go app is stable and functional for reliability purposes, but what the heck, neither DJI the company, or the buyers of their drones seem to heed that good advise.
2018-7-28
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>

I use both.  Go for manual flight & Litchi for autonomous Waypoint missions.

Manual Go 4 flight with Mavic Pro:

Autonomous Litchi Waypoint mission with Phantom 4:

2018-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I voted for go4, the layout camera settings etc are far superior, litchi is great app when you need to do something that is difficult manually, playback which is important when shooting is far better in go4.
If I had to do without one, it would be litchi.
2018-7-28
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Topic has already been covered previously. Think the general consensus is GO4 for all but waypoint flying.
2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
Captain
South Africa

Topic has already been covered previouslyThanks, i could not find a side by side comparison, and was interested in the latest versions of the software. DJI update their app every so often, and sometimes it is not for the best. Also, Litchi only fairly recently placed the Mavic Air on their compatibility list, so to speak.
I have heard some rumbelings about the latest DJI go app giving problems with laggy video, being very, very power intensive etc.
Would be nice to know what does Litchi include for the Mavic Air, settings wise, if anything?

2018-7-28
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

You should have DJI GO4 for some settings but must have Litchi.

I voted for Litchi
2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
Captain
South Africa

Thanks. Video feed better on one or the other? Which one would you all say gives you a better less laggy experience?
2018-7-28
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
  • >>>
Kuwait

I don't agree that video feed is related to the app.

Video feed is something between AC and RC circumstances.

The app only turns the mobile to a receiver to play via the app's player.
2018-7-28
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
  • >>>
Kuwait

Once, I was flying a waypoints mission (5 km) using the Litchi app and before the end 400 meters I lost connection, Litchi was warning about that. The drone finished the mission and landed, still no connection and Litchi was warning me!

I closed Litchi and started again still no connection and Litchi warning me! I turned the RC Off then On when I got back the connection.

That was the only time I lost connection.
2018-7-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-28 07:41
@Suren
Is that configuration change always on, or is it something u can toggle on and off?

It stays on the phone you load it on
2018-7-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-7-28 03:52
To me the Dji Go4 app seems much more stable and i do not drop signal strenght as quick as to when flying with Litchi, with Litchi i get around 1,5km and signal drops to 45% but with Go4 in the same area i go around 2.5 km before losing a bar or 2 on signal. Litchi I must admit seems to be much better for me in regards to latency on my video feed, seems much more stable and have never got a disconnect with it so far, The VR mode and Waypoints is amazing including the Track mode and Orbit, also the pano shots tends to look better when done with Litchi. The Go4 gives a much more detailed reporting as to drone status, battery, compass and imu issues. When i decide to use Litchi I always open go4 first check status of drone then close and open up litchi.

with Litchi i get around 1,5km and signal drops to 45% but with Go4 in the same area i go around 2.5 km before losing a bar or 2 on signal.

Is that as seen for both by R.C. or as shown by each for GO-4 App and Litchi App?

2018-7-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-7-28 11:23
I don't agree that video feed is related to the app.

Video feed is something between AC and RC circumstances.

The video problem can be related to App due to efficient or inefficient programming and codecs used, along with platform App is running on.  
2018-7-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-28 12:13
with Litchi i get around 1,5km and signal drops to 45% but with Go4 in the same area i go around 2.5 km before losing a bar or 2 on signal.

Is that as seen for both by R.C. or as shown by each for GO-4 App and Litchi App?

Signal drop is also shown on RC, strange but could never put my finger on it as to why when flying with litchi the signal drop is so much
2018-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 2018-7-28 14:00
Signal drop is also shown on RC, strange but could never put my finger on it as to why when flying with litchi the signal drop is so much

Litchi missions are programmed into the aircraft not RC so on loss of signal litchi will continue mission without need for RC connection, using RC on go4 program is always to RTH hover or land on loss of signal.
Setting litchi to go outside parameters of aircraft normal parameters using go4, will create the need for you to keep well stocked with underwear, lol.......
2018-7-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-28 14:09
Litchi missions are programmed into the aircraft not RC so on loss of signal litchi will continue mission without need for RC connection, using RC on go4 program is always to RTH hover or land on loss of signal.
Setting litchi to go outside parameters of aircraft normal parameters using go4, will create the need for you to keep well stocked with underwear, lol.......

I not to phased about the poor signal when flying with Litchi as i prefer to use the dji app if doing any distance more then 1km
2018-7-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-7-28 14:00
Signal drop is also shown on RC, strange but could never put my finger on it as to why when flying with litchi the signal drop is so much

Got it.  Wanted to make sure the signal strength was being read from source in both cases.  Being either one of Apps could be off on what they display for signal strength.
2018-7-28
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
  • >>>
Kuwait

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-28 12:16
The video problem can be related to App due to efficient or inefficient programming and codecs used, along with platform App is running on.

Yes, but once the video playing is good this means the code and the program is okay.
2018-7-28
Use props
Fantacyli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312631 ft
China

I lick dji go 4
2018-7-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

2018-7-28
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

One consideration is if aircraft crashed when flying by Litchi. DJI won’t responsible for the crash caused by 3rd party app. You need to proof the crash not caused by Litchi to claim DJI warranty. It can be difficult to proof the crash is caused by DJI hardware not the app by using Litchi.
2018-7-28
Use props
Fantacyli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312631 ft
China

2018-7-29
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Go4 used to be first, but I use Litchi when I have to get the shot. Go4 has become less dependable, and more problematic over the past few versions.
2018-7-29
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
First Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-28 10:27
Topic has already been covered previouslyThanks, i could not find a side by side comparison, and was interested in the latest versions of the software. DJI update their app every so often, and sometimes it is not for the best. Also, Litchi only fairly recently placed the Mavic Air on their compatibility list, so to speak.
I have heard some rumbelings about the latest DJI go app giving problems with laggy video, being very, very power intensive etc.
Would be nice to know what does Litchi include for the Mavic Air, settings wise, if anything?

Click on the various tabs and you'll see what settings it has:

https://flylitchi.com/help
2018-7-29
Use props
Charissa
Captain
South Africa

Sjoh, i never licked the DJI app, so maybe that is why i get laggy video feed with it...............whaaaaahaaaahaaaaa. I am trying it out today, will let u guys know...................whaaaa haaaaaa.
@Suren: Do u definitely get better signal with FCC in SA, or is it a bit debatable?
Also agree, the video feed got way, way worse on DJI go with the latest version, lag, freeze etc. Did not have a problem with the previous version. Also, lag and freeze only at around 900m and more.
2018-7-29
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
First Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Litchi Good Things:
* Waypoint missions (including a web browser map so you can plan missions on your computer)
* VR mode - you can use a cheap $20 phone head mount and try out FPV

Litchi Bad Things
* Find my drone is just a map, no ESC beep option
* Does not record as much detail in the flight logs as DJI does
* No built-in flight log viewer - you have to upload to AirData to view
* Logs in a different format than DJI logs
* Your DJI flight distance does not get updated when using Litchi
* DJI does not support anything that goes wrong when using Litchi
2018-7-29
Use props
Charissa
Captain
South Africa

Thanks for the detailed info. Appreciate.
2018-7-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules