Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi vs DJI go 4
10775 108 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneDoesNotSimply
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-7-28 09:34
Topic has already been covered previously. Think the general consensus is GO4 for all but waypoint flying.

Not just waypoints - also good for FPV using your phone and a cheap VR headset.
2018-8-10
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-10 04:01
Thanks for info. 4.1.22 mod version? Could u explain more please?
I have a problem with no signal on the latest 4.2.21 app, even after only a few meters. But after testing the 4.1.8 version with the FCC thing, i don,t get NO SIGNAL, but i do get severe video lag and freeze. Don,t know what to do to get the Mavic Air stable anymore............This is a drone that they borrowed me, while mine is in for repairs to China. Also had the no signal error............
Explain the use of the OTG cable please? Do u use it to connect your phone to RC? What is different than the normal cable your phone comes with?

Answer is given by PM
2018-8-10
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Jos A Posted at 2018-8-10 06:40
Answer is given by PM

Thank u.
2018-8-10
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-10 04:32
Not just waypoints - also good for FPV using your phone and a cheap VR headset.

Does the VR cheapy etc works well without connection problems or video lag? I am really having a hard time with DJI Go4  and video lag, freezes.....driving me insane.
2018-8-10
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
lvl.4
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-10 07:53
Does the VR cheapy etc works well without connection problems or video lag? I am really having a hard time with DJI Go4  and video lag, freezes.....driving me insane.

I did not have any issues with my Mavic Air using DJI Go before I started using Litchi, so can't say. I tend to drive out 20 minutes and fly in rural areas on the edge of town, so wifi interference from homes isn't much of a problem.
2018-8-10
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-10 12:53
I did not have any issues with my Mavic Air using DJI Go before I started using Litchi, so can't say. I tend to drive out 20 minutes and fly in rural areas on the edge of town, so wifi interference from homes isn't much of a problem.

Lucky you. I do believe that it was meant to  be like that. Wished mine could also be like that. I lose frames etc even in the most remote areas i go to, unfortunately. Will see what happens if my MA returns from China, repairs. Am holding thumbs so hard, they hurt.
2018-8-11
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
lvl.4
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-11 04:02
Lucky you. I do believe that it was meant to  be like that. Wished mine could also be like that. I lose frames etc even in the most remote areas i go to, unfortunately. Will see what happens if my MA returns from China, repairs. Am holding thumbs so hard, they hurt.

Hopefully your problem gets fixed! If not, maybe there is a problem with your phone?
2018-8-11
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-11 06:43
Hopefully your problem gets fixed! If not, maybe there is a problem with your phone?

Hope so too. Used 3 different phones, and borrowed a 4th one, with nearly all the same problem. So i am leaning towards the app at the moment. We will see. I am holding thumbs.
2018-8-11
Use props
MFPF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240413 ft
United States

Thanks for the info. I’ve been wondering about litchi so glad to see all the info.  Maybe I will give it a try.
2018-8-11
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

MFPF Posted at 2018-8-11 16:09
Thanks for the info. I’ve been wondering about litchi so glad to see all the info.  Maybe I will give it a try.

Oh yes, will also give it a go.
2018-8-12
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-12 07:52
Oh yes, will also give it a go.

Hi again Charissa,
FWIW, Litchi just released a significant upgrade/update adding lots of features.

Here's a list - one for iOS and one for Android OS's

August 2018 Updates
iOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark
Version 2.5 (August 13, 2018)
- added support for Phantom 4 Pro V2
- enabled waypoint and orbit mode for Spark
- added support for Manual Focus mode
- added 'Calibrate Lens' camera setting, can be used to set Infinity Focus
- the custom key 'Focus to Infinity' is now available for all drones with variable focus
- the gimbal pitch angle in degrees is now displayed in the UI
- added camera exposure settings to the VR mode on-screen display
- added 'Transmission Channel' setting for Mavic Air/Spark
- added 'Frequency Band' setting for Phantom 4 Pro V2
- added 'Lock Gimbal when Shooting Photos' setting
- added 'Sync Gimbal Yaw with Aircraft Heading' setting
- added 'Show VPS Height when Used' setting
- fixed an issue where the VR mode would stretch too much on iPhone X
- fixed a display bug with the pause button in waypoint mode
Android: Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark
Version 4.8 (August 13, 2018)
- added support for Phantom 4 Pro V2
- enabled waypoint and orbit mode for Spark
- added support for Manual Focus mode
- added 'Calibrate Lens' camera setting, can be used to set Infinity Focus
- added 'Focus to Infinity' custom function, available for all drones with variable focus
- waypoint missions now show distance info between waypoints
- added shutter and aperture priority exposure modes for drones that support them
- the gimbal pitch angle in degrees is now displayed in the UI
- added camera exposure settings to the VR mode on-screen display
- added 'Transmission Channel' setting for Mavic Air/Spark
- added 'Frequency Band' setting for Phantom 4 Pro V2
- added 'Lock Gimbal when Shooting Photos' setting
- added 'Sync Gimbal Yaw with Aircraft Heading' setting
- added 'Show VPS Height when Used' setting
- added 'Display Secondary Video Feed' setting for Inspire 2 and Matrice series
- added custom function 'Switch Video Feed' for Inspire 2 and Matrice series
- fixed a display bug with the pause button in waypoint mode
2018-8-15
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

WebParrot Posted at 2018-8-15 04:51
Hi again Charissa,
FWIW, Litchi just released a significant upgrade/update adding lots of features.

Thank u kindly. I was planning to buy it last Saturday, but clean forgot. Will do so now. Do u perhaps know if they do updates for free?
2018-8-15
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft

Updates are free of course.
2018-8-15
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

Its pathetic that we have to use 3rd party app to fully enjoy our drone, i feel like DJI dont want MA to be too good.
2018-8-15
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-15 06:46
Thank u kindly. I was planning to buy it last Saturday, but clean forgot. Will do so now. Do u perhaps know if they do updates for free?

Hi,
Yes, I do know... each of the last 6 updates I've received have been free.  I primarily use iOS and get notification the the App Store.  I have auto notifications turned off for both iOS and Android.  I can't say whether Android notifications work the same as I always initiate the update myself.

Before you fly with it, I strongly recommend watching the FREE flight school videos through this program:

https://courses.phantomfilmschoo ... -phantomfilmschool1

When you sign up for the program you'll get some regular emails from the author... not invasive at all.  It's a very good way to be introduced to how it works and how to use the Missions (Waypoint) features.
2018-8-15
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

WebParrot Posted at 2018-8-15 13:28
Hi,
Yes, I do know... each of the last 6 updates I've received have been free.  I primarily use iOS and get notification the the App Store.  I have auto notifications turned off for both iOS and Android.  I can't say whether Android notifications work the same as I always initiate the update myself.

Thank you kindly. I bought and used Litchi this past weekend, and what a total pleasure to be able to fly without video lag, freezes and no signal errors. Amazing and worth every cent i spend. Should have done this a long time ago. Anyone reading this, go out and get Litchi.
Anyone know how to ask Litchi creators to make the camera settings into sliders in stead of +-?

Update on DJI Go 4.2.24, flew a full battery without problems as well. No video lag, slight pixelation at times, and no problems so far with the signal. So it seems as if it got fixed so far. Yet to test it more. Hopefully it is a better version and fixed.
2018-8-20
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-20 03:52
Thank you kindly. I bought and used Litchi this past weekend, and what a total pleasure to be able to fly without video lag, freezes and no signal errors. Amazing and worth every cent i spend. Should have done this a long time ago. Anyone reading this, go out and get Litchi.
Anyone know how to ask Litchi creators to make the camera settings into sliders in stead of +-?

THIS! I want sliders instead of + and - so much! That's the only reason I am using DJI Go. Because it's so much more comfortable to use the sliders to adjust settings.

Maybe you can contact them here:

https://flylitchi.com/

If you found a way to contact them let me know, I will contact them aswell. Maybe the chance is higher the more people ask for it.
2018-8-20
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

saviour Posted at 2018-8-20 04:52
THIS! I want sliders instead of + and - so much! That's the only reason I am using DJI Go. Because it's so much more comfortable to use the sliders to adjust settings.

Maybe you can contact them here:

Will do so. Thanks.
2018-8-20
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

We have both, yet are still to use Litchi. Why! simple answer DJI Go and Go4 haven't let us down yet on any of our drones, so the old adage if it's not broke, don't try and fix it.
2018-10-14
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

I use both. As others have said, Go's camera settings are a lot better and easier to set. Litchi has better way points plus you can display the longitude and latitude on the screen which can be handy in some situations.
2018-10-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've used both though mainly the GO apps these days
2018-10-23
Use props
Rurre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321473 ft
Spain

As before said, I use to fly with DJI Go4 but when I want a waypoints flight
2018-10-23
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So to sum up then DJI GO4 for all flights with the exception of when you want to do and auto flight using waypoints pre-programmed routes? Also Im a bit confused with the issues people are having with signal loss, Litchi is only an app in the same way as DJIGO4 so the transmission of the video signal is handled via the RC controller and only passed through via lightning or USB cable so not sure how signal can be effected maybe the Apps ability to display images when signal quality is reduced to range perhaps? I'm considering using Litchi for some auto routes until DJI finally decide to bring in waypoints to the Mavic 2, so am keen to understand the signal issue and what about the home points and RTH functions does Litchi have this and has anyone tested its reliability? Just nervous of planning a route on my new bird and then never seeing her again!
2018-10-23
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

Schmooit Posted at 2018-10-23 11:45
So to sum up then DJI GO4 for all flights with the exception of when you want to do and auto flight using waypoints pre-programmed routes? Also Im a bit confused with the issues people are having with signal loss, Litchi is only an app in the same way as DJIGO4 so the transmission of the video signal is handled via the RC controller and only passed through via lightning or USB cable so not sure how signal can be effected maybe the Apps ability to display images when signal quality is reduced to range perhaps? I'm considering using Litchi for some auto routes until DJI finally decide to bring in waypoints to the Mavic 2, so am keen to understand the signal issue and what about the home points and RTH functions does Litchi have this and has anyone tested its reliability? Just nervous of planning a route on my new bird and then never seeing her again!

Can not answer as to why the Go app does not retain video as smoothly as the Litchi app, only that it happens.
On the Go app, I still sometimes get video lag and freezes, which I never get on the Litchi app. So far.
2018-10-24
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Schmooit Posted at 2018-10-23 11:45
So to sum up then DJI GO4 for all flights with the exception of when you want to do and auto flight using waypoints pre-programmed routes? Also Im a bit confused with the issues people are having with signal loss, Litchi is only an app in the same way as DJIGO4 so the transmission of the video signal is handled via the RC controller and only passed through via lightning or USB cable so not sure how signal can be effected maybe the Apps ability to display images when signal quality is reduced to range perhaps? I'm considering using Litchi for some auto routes until DJI finally decide to bring in waypoints to the Mavic 2, so am keen to understand the signal issue and what about the home points and RTH functions does Litchi have this and has anyone tested its reliability? Just nervous of planning a route on my new bird and then never seeing her again!

home points and rth by low battery is the same within litchi, it's based on the same SDK as dji go .
When flying waypoints make sure that your last waypoint is next to your homepoint incase you are flying outside range or LOS.
I tested it once with a route of waypoints over a building descend to 15 mtr(outside LOS and no RC connection) then ascend again and fly back, once my mavic is in LOS I get my FPV back and control.
2018-10-24
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

https://flylitchi.com/help#waypoints-p3   and more help about litchi

Watch out when doing an orbit outside range or when losing signal:
Failsafe
If signal is lost between the aircraft and the mobile device, the aircraft will continue the Orbit session until it reaches the critical battery level. It will then land in place automatically, even if your failsafe is Return to Home.

FAQ:I am experiencing lag/freezes with the video stream, how can I fix it?
First make sure you are using the latest public firmware on both the aircraft and the remote controller if you are using one. Then ensure there are no apps running in the background, including screen recorders. If you have a P3 Standard, P3 4K or Spark on Android, prior to starting Litchi make sure that you force close DJI Go (or any other SDK apps) by going to your device Settings -> Apps -> DJI Go -> Force Close. For lightbridge-based drones (P3/P4/I1/I2), make sure you are using 4Mbps as preview quality. If you are still having issues, it is likely that your device is either not compatible or not powerful enough to run Litchi.

2018-10-24
Use props
CrazyPup
lvl.3
United States

"* DJI does not support anything that goes wrong when using Litchi"

If your drone is still under warranty and/or DJI Refresh this would seem to be the most important consideration, unless money is no object.

2018-10-24
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jos A Posted at 2018-10-24 07:12
home points and rth by low battery is the same within litchi, it's based on the same SDK as dji go .
When flying waypoints make sure that your last waypoint is next to your homepoint incase you are flying outside range or LOS.
I tested it once with a route of waypoints over a building descend to 15 mtr(outside LOS and no RC connection) then ascend again and fly back, once my mavic is in LOS I get my FPV back and control.

Sounds like a good plan, maybe Ill give it a try and see how I get on, generally we are not meant to fly BVLOS in the UK anyway, but good tips chap thanks
2018-10-25
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

CrazyPup Posted at 2018-10-24 12:29
"* DJI does not support anything that goes wrong when using Litchi"

If your drone is still under warranty and/or DJI Refresh this would seem to be the most important consideration, unless money is no object.

And it's also a BS statement.
2018-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules