Dji GO APP Disconnects-Android_Sams_S8+
751 9 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Attila
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801 ft
Iceland

I am wondering if someone here can give me tips about an issue I have.

First off specs and settings

Samsung S8+ (Latest updates)

Use low noise propellers

Android app version -DJI 4.2.21 (Tried to Uninstall and reinstall)

Mavic Pro Firmware – Latest 400 version, (After upgrade I also did refresh method with DJI Assist2 latest version 1.24)

RC – Did refresh with firmware upgrade

I have also done MU and Compass calibration plus RC joystick calibration

The Problem

Before latest upgrade of firmware, I was experiencing drift problem, what I noticed right away during my first flight after latest firmware upgrade was my app was disconnecting from drone, I was still able to flight my drone and land it safe. This has never happened before during my flights, so I researched it here in forum and saw everyone recommending fly mode on the phone. My second flight was today, and I made sure it was in flight mode, nonetheless the same thing happens, I can control with RC but app display message “Connection lost”

So, I would consider the problem be either the firmware or the app, what I did notice is this happens right after I use the Panorama photo option in both my flights. I am not sure if it has anything to do with it but worth mentioning.

Here is a link to some log files I have  https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgHhXZueVYvFr-IXxUbGPJqb8-HJHg

Thanks

2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, the Samsung S8+ is not yet compatible with our DJI Go 4 app and Mavic Pro. It may work properly with our application due to that you're using a high-end device, However, since it's not yet supported we cannot ensure the stability and behavior of our app when you're using this with your Samsung S8+. Kindly see the details of our compatible device with DJI Go 4 app. Thank you for understanding.

2018-7-28
Use props
Attila
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801 ft
Iceland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-28 08:16
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, the Samsung S8+ is not yet compatible with our DJI Go 4 app and Mavic Pro. It may work properly with our application due to that you're using a high-end device, However, since it's not yet supported we cannot ensure the stability and behavior of our app when you're using this with your Samsung S8+. Kindly see the details of our compatible device with DJI Go 4 app. Thank you for understanding.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for quick reply ,

I must admit that i never thought that could be the issue, because i am pretty sure it was compatible at some point over last year. Well at least i have been able to use it with the S8+  until my latets firmware upgrade.

I know this is not on your hand but i must express that i am disappointed that DJI does not support large consumer base that uses  Samsung S8+

Thanks for your assistance

2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Rest assured I will be sending this concern/thread to our DJI R&D Team for future development. Thank you.
2018-7-28
Use props
danco36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276079 ft
United States

I use the samsung note 8, sure it works great, but I'm not sure if it's been giving me these problems as well.
Screenshot_20180728-174312.jpg
Screenshot_20180728-181018.jpg
2018-7-28
Use props
danco36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276079 ft
United States

I have already lost a mavic pro and I'm on my second. Anyone know what could cause this? It's the exact same spot it disconnected on me the first time. I went back there today.
2018-7-28
Use props
OutdoorfreakDk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19259 ft
Denmark

As far as i know the  S8 and the S8+ is identical -....the S8+ is just sligtlig largere..? they have the same mainbord and spec....
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

danco36 Posted at 2018-7-28 14:37
I use the samsung note 8, sure it works great, but I'm not sure if it's been giving me these problems as well.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would like to ask if you managed to change a connection? Did you try to use the other USB port on your remote controller? please ensure that the other USB cable is completely disconnected.
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_0jZ4CbI8TPgp
New
Australia

Hi Guys,

So I got my new mavic 2 pro and I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, When I turned everything on for the first time and set it all up I noticed my S8 kept disconnecting and connecting repeatedly, It ended up interfering the signal between the RC and AC as well. I lost control of the AC while hovering at about 30cm above the ground for 2 mins but luckily it regained control.  

My solution was to put the phone in flight mode. No I hope this doesn't affect any of the navigation features on the drone, but it seems this is the only way I can fly my drone now.

Hope this helps
2018-10-24
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

djiuser_0jZ4CbI8TPgp Posted at 2018-10-24 15:13
Hi Guys,

So I got my new mavic 2 pro and I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, When I turned everything on for the first time and set it all up I noticed my S8 kept disconnecting and connecting repeatedly, It ended up interfering the signal between the RC and AC as well. I lost control of the AC while hovering at about 30cm above the ground for 2 mins but luckily it regained control.  

This sometimes help. Dji Go on Android.
2018-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules