Downgrade RC from 1.9.3 to 1.8.0 or between?
2751 12 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Was anyone successful downgrading a radio from 1.9.3 down? I can go to 1.60, but i need to go to 1.8.0, and i get "failed" - i think the image must be corrupt... With 1.9.3 my Advanced does not see the camera, with 1.6.0 it does, but it's not really usable due to changes they made... I think if i can get my hands on 1.8.0 or something between that and 1.9.3 for the RC, i may be able to get things going.
In 1.9.3 the app thinks it's a pro, and even when i force it, the camera is not recognized, I confirmed that on 1.6.0 i can connect no problem, but the FPV quality is rather hopeless - but it does totally seem to be a firmware/app issue, not hardware. I guess I might give litchi a try for a good measure....
Any help appreciated.
2018-7-28
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

i just did a full reset of the RC (c1/c2/rec/iso/power) - took me down to rc 1.9.2 version and things do look better, will report as I test more...
EDIT1
[size=14.6667px]no dice, 1.9.2 worked 2 times, then stopped... What is weird, when i[size=14.6667px] power on the drone, even with radio off, the led on the camera NEVER even blinks.. however sometimes when it goes green, everything is ok... I reseated all the cabling,m and find it hard to believe it's not a firmware issue - but... Can someone with P3A confirm what the status of gimbal LED is when powering on without the radio turned on?
2018-7-28
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

got one flight in, every so often i can make it work, usually on one of 2 batteries, i got total of 5... now, i did boot the drone with each battery to see if the battery upgrades (they all should be up to date as i was flying my pro on all of them).. so this is becoming more and more puzzling...
Now, let's say it is a cable - if the gimbal works, but the green/red light does not show up - is the power to the gimbal going via different cable than the one to the control board that does video, or something like that? I assume the cable going to the VSP unit is the one that controls the vide, while the one going inside the drone, is the main power and gimbal? But.. perhaps not? Anyhow, monking with wires never made a difference, nor did vibrations as I actually flew with the camera working as well as not working...
I might try to downgrade firmware tonight.. but then again, 11.20 worked for me for a long time... very puzzling!
Open to any other ideas or troubleshooting steps....
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_lRLRS9uExnsp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2817034 ft
Czechia

Phantomski Posted at 2018-7-28 11:27
i just did a full reset of the RC (c1/c2/rec/iso/power) - took me down to rc 1.9.2 version and things do look better, will report as I test more...
EDIT1
no dice, 1.9.2 worked 2 times, then stopped... What is weird, when i power on the drone, even with radio off, the led on the camera NEVER even blinks.. however sometimes when it goes green, everything is ok... I reseated all the cabling,m and find it hard to believe it's not a firmware issue - but... Can someone with P3A confirm what the status of gimbal LED is when powering on without the radio turned on?

Hello, could you be so kind and describe the procedure of full reset of the RC (c1/c2/rec/iso/power)? There are buttons: c1, c2, start/stop, playback, shutter. Thank you, Jaroslav.
2019-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

djiuser_lRLRS9uExnsp Posted at 2-13 12:32
Hello, could you be so kind and describe the procedure of full reset of the RC (c1/c2/rec/iso/power)? There are buttons: c1, c2, start/stop, playback, shutter. Thank you, Jaroslav.

Which drone model have you got?

RedHotPoker

2019-2-13
Use props
Bon
lvl.1
Czechia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-13 13:14
Which drone model have you got?

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.
2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bon Posted at 2-14 12:53
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.

Ok. Please See this for direction.

Hope the video helps.

RedHotPoker

2019-2-14
Use props
Bon
lvl.1
Czechia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-14 14:03
Ok. Please See this for direction.

Thank you for your advice, but it didn't help.
The remote controller had a firmware 1.9.2 and everything was ok. The app said RC FW should be upgraded, so I did and now there is ver. 1.9.3 and no connection to the quadrocopter (DJI Phantom 3 Advanced).
When I pressed C1, shutter and power buttons, RC starts and there is FW ver. 1.2.0.12. The app says FW should be upgraded - it downloads ver. 1.7.8 and says upgrade failed, current ver. is 1.7.8.
I am not able to upgrade RC. I am not able to pair RC with quadrocopter (Linking RC + small button behind the camera).
I am also not able to pair RC with quadrocopter with FW 1.9.3.
Do you have any advice? Thank you, Jaroslav.
2019-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Did you try to relink them, both manually and through the app?There are some helpful videos which may guide you to success.

Not sure if you have already watched these short videos?

RedHotPoker

2019-2-15
Use props
Bon
lvl.1
Czechia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-15 14:08
Did you try to relink them, both manually and through the app?There are some helpful videos which may guide you to success.

https://youtu.be/zVOJnUidcUk

Thak you for your advices. I am able to run the linking process at the remote controller - by buttons or by the app, it blinks blue. But the aircraft does nothing when I press the linking small button. It just blinks yellow. Just when starting some green and red blinks and then yellow blinks all the time (should blinks red when pairing).
2019-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bon Posted at 2-16 01:57
Thak you for your advices. I am able to run the linking process at the remote controller - by buttons or by the app, it blinks blue. But the aircraft does nothing when I press the linking small button. It just blinks yellow. Just when starting some green and red blinks and then yellow blinks all the time (should blinks red when pairing).

Darn it, I was hopeful...

Not sure what to attemp next.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-16
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Bon Posted at 2-16 01:57

You mat want to try downloading the bin file on your sd-card, and use a usb adapter in your RC. That is how we use to have to do it, before they made it to where it could be updated thru the app. It sounds like you are getting the RC into upgrade mode, but the firmware is not loading.
The blue blinking light is the RC saying it is ready to receive the download. If unsuccessful it will time-out.
Put the file you want on the sd-card and upgrade your aircraft by itself, then do the RC by itself. Just something to try. If you can get your RC to upgrade, the led should be green, and then you can see if it is connected to your phantom. A re-Link might be needed again. Good luck.
2019-2-16
Use props
Bon
lvl.1
Czechia

Thank you for all advices. I have found a three lines icon at the right upper corner in the app. I was able to downgrade the firmware to some old version and upgrade to ver. 1.6. But then it failed to upgrade to ver. 1.8. After several attempts it offers to upgrade to ver. 1.9.3, but I prefer ver. 1.9.2. I have tried to copy this firmware to the USB flashdisk and connect directly to the standard USB port of RC. But how to start the upgrade by hand?
So I tried to link RC (FW 1.8) with the aircraft (Phantom 3 Advanced), but failed. The RC is trying to link, but the aircraft don't - just blinks yellow. So I have no idea what to do.
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules