Very poor video range on inspire 2
2462 13 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OceanK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 289757 ft

Hello!

So i got a new Inspire 2 with x4s camera and the crystalsky 7.85 monitor.

Since I first flew it I have had very poor range. like 3-600m and the the picure goes away after the message no transmission. Its like from full bars in transmission to no bars at all in a second.

what I have done.
I have installed latest firmware on all devices
I have restored everything back to defaults
I have tryed downgrading fw
I have calibrated compass
I have re linked the radio
change the video transmission quality to lowest
tryed outside city, at beaches, at cornfields etc----same issue

so whats wrong? what more can I do?

the longest range is like 750m at max. Then from nowhere I got RTH and no picture.

so frustrated! please help me!
2018-7-28
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

are you 2.4ghz or 5.8?
2018-7-28
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2

I have tryed both 2.4ghz auto and custom channels, I have tryed 5.8ghz auto and custom channels. Same result.
I have tryed it with my Iphone X with latest Ios.I have tryed it with my crystalsky

all the same result, give or take 100m maybe difference.
2018-7-28
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

Please post the System Versions, aircraft, remote, app....
2018-7-28
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2

Nicksons Posted at 2018-7-28 16:48
Please post the System Versions, aircraft, remote, app....

App: 4.2.21 (dji crystalsky)
Aircraft: 01.02.0200
remote controller: 01.01.0020
camera: 01.09.22.22
raw module: 01.41.00.153
gimbal: 01.01.01.58

I have even tryed downgrade the firmware to previous version. I tryed refresh the firmware through dji assistance 2(Mac OSX)

I left my applewatch home. I had my mobile for sharing internet.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you take a screenshot of your main controller settings?
2018-7-29
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-29 06:12
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you take a screenshot of your main controller settings?

Hey!

here is a screenshot of the MC settings:

2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Can you try to reinstall the app again? Then relog in. After you relog in, can you try to turn on the distance limit?
2018-7-29
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-29 08:32
Can you try to reinstall the app again? Then relog in. After you relog in, can you try to turn on the distance limit?

OK done! I have distance limit set to 8000m. I locked the channel to channel 15 on 2.4ghz and 6mbit.

I then could reach 1050m before the video and radio dropped out.

is this due to interference from something? Shouldnt I be able to fly further?
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

OceanK Posted at 2018-7-29 09:14
OK done! I have distance limit set to 8000m. I locked the channel to channel 15 on 2.4ghz and 6mbit.

I then could reach 1050m before the video and radio dropped out.

It can be. You may refer to our website. It is provided there the approximate distance/altitude for your unit: https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#specs
2018-7-29
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-29 09:25
It can be. You may refer to our website. It is provided there the approximate distance/altitude for your unit: https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#specs
[view_image]

Yes I have seen those numbers. But im so far off those numbers. Today was my maximum (1050m) but thats like 30% of those numbers you refer to.

well so you dont think I have a faulty radio or anything like that? Im going to try now again at different locations such as the beach/ocean etc where there shouldn´t be any interference.
I will report back, thanx for the advice.

ps: should I have the distance limit activated at 8000m or should I turn it off?
2018-7-29
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

My experience with (2) Inspire 2's over the last year and a half is that I've never gotten remotely close to the advertised distances.  The absolute furthest I've gotten before losing transmission was right about a mile (1609m) but that was in the middle of nowhere among the windmill farms in western Oklahoma.   Most other times I start getting a glitchy signal and eventually transmission loss between a 1/2 mile to 3/4 of a mile.(804m - 1207m) which as you said is just a fraction of the advertised distance.  For me, it hasn't affected business since Part 107 requires line of sight, but I know other would like to have that ability to fly further. There are videos on YouTube showing Mavics out flying Inspire 2's by vast differences, so it's not isolated issues.
2018-7-29
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2

Blackwood Posted at 2018-7-29 12:18
My experience with (2) Inspire 2's over the last year and a half is that I've never gotten remotely close to the advertised distances.  The absolute furthest I've gotten before losing transmission was right about a mile (1609m) but that was in the middle of nowhere among the windmill farms in western Oklahoma.   Most other times I start getting a glitchy signal and eventually transmission loss between a 1/2 mile to 3/4 of a mile.(804m - 1207m) which as you said is just a fraction of the advertised distance.  For me, it hasn't affected business since Part 107 requires line of sight, but I know other would like to have that ability to fly further. There are videos on YouTube showing Mavics out flying Inspire 2's by vast differences, so it's not isolated issues.

Thanx for the info. Did you fly with 2.4ghz? custom channel and how many mbit transmission?

should I always use custom channels instead of auto?
Yes true about the LOS rules etc. I just wanted to get what i´m paying for you know. I had the mavic pro before. Thats why im so frustrated. Like you I´m getting glitches around 6-800m aswell. Thats not cool, I mean its allot of money in the air.

When mine start to glitch out its not like the bars of transmission goes down gradually. Its like all bars to none in matter of seconds, the picture gets toned down on the crystalsky and then no transmission or anything. RTH kicks in and after a while I get picture back again.

the money spent on the gear, its not cool at all. Dont feel comforatble yet with the maschine for doing serious jobs yet.
2018-7-29
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

Blackwood Posted at 2018-7-29 12:18

I reached over 3km with no interference, also in the middle of nowhere.... I didnt tried any further, but i think there is still plenty more distance to be covered before signal lost.
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules