1069 4 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Hi guys,

I crashed my Mavic Air recently and when I got back into signal range, the GPS location got updated to something 20 miles away and then was gone completely. This is due to the drone being upside down in a forest and only having 4 satellites.

The issue is that I had a good signal, but could not see the drone because of all the trees and leaves, etc. and rough terrain. I tried to use the Find My Drone feature in DJI GO, but it did not give me any option to beep the ESC's or flash LEDs.

The bug is that to get those options, you need to press on your drone icon on the map, but with flakey/lost GPS there was no drone icon on the map so I could not bring up the option. This option should be available any time the controller has signal and not just when you can find it on the map. I had video and a good signal, but it took me forever to find my Mavic because I could not get it to make an audible sound.
2018-7-28
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

Very good points!
2018-7-28
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Completely agree..I tried using “Find My Drone” feature previously but encountered the same issue: not able to flash the sound/LEDs. Would be good for DJI to get these sorted out.
2018-7-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Totally agree. This should be a standard feature.
2018-7-28
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I'm of the same opinion Find My Drone feature is not working correctly already very long time. DJI please fix it and allow us to use flash light/beep function anytime.
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules