Care Refresh 48 Hours???
4296 11 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dcaton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39606 ft
United States

Just bought a new Mavik Air last which arrived last Thursday.  Charged the batteries and updated all firmware that evening.  Haven't had a chance to do anything else with it until tonight (Saturday).  Wanted to get Care Refresh but it says it's over 48 hours since I activated the unit and won't let me puchase.
I haven't flown the thing a single inch yet, and may not get a chance to until next weekend.  Now I have to go through some convoluted video procedure, create a You Tube account and upload a video?  Really???  There's no way you can tell that I haven't used the thing yet or that it is in good working order from a log file or some diagnostics?

It would be easier for me to return the unit and get another one.

I understand you don't want people signing up after they've crashed the unit, but surely there's a better way to allow the purchase of Care Refresh for a new unit that isn't based on some arbitrary time period.  What if I crashed it in the first five minutes I had it?   I'd still be able to sign up.

2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. To get the DJI Care Refresh for your DJI Mavic Air. The best way to do it is to contact DJI Care Support. Please send an email to djicare@dji.com for further help.
2018-7-29
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-29 07:13
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. To get the DJI Care Refresh for your DJI Mavic Air. The best way to do it is to contact DJI Care Support. Please send an email to  for further help.

I'll contact them, thanks.  If I had experience with drones (or even video games that used joystick controllers) I probably wouldn't worry about it too much.

If I go through the whole video procedure, at some unknown point in the future I might be allowed to purchase Care Refresh.  Until that time, I risk losing an $800 investment to a newbie mistake, so to be safe I can't fly the thing for some unknown period of time.  So here it sits.  Frustrating, to say the least.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dcaton Posted at 2018-7-29 07:48
I'll contact them, thanks.  If I had experience with drones (or even video games that used joystick controllers) I probably wouldn't worry about it too much.

If I go through the whole video procedure, at some unknown point in the future I might be allowed to purchase Care Refresh.  Until that time, I risk losing an $800 investment to a newbie mistake, so to be safe I can't fly the thing for some unknown period of time.  So here it sits.  Frustrating, to say the least.

Hi, thanks for the response, hopefully, our DJI care team could approve your application once they received the video for you and we do apologize for taking your time too much when doing a video verification for you to avail the care plan. I will forward this feedback to the right department to see if we could add an easy way to avail the DJI care refresh.
2018-7-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah it is 48 hours and has to be before then.  If not you must do the video.  There is no way around this.  
2018-7-29
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-29 15:33
Hi, thanks for the response, hopefully, our DJI care team could approve your application once they received the video for you and we do apologize for taking your time too much when doing a video verification for you to avail the care plan. I will forward this feedback to the right department to see if we could add an easy way to avail the DJI care refresh.

I contacted support and was surprised to receive a response in a few hours, on a Sunday no less.  After supplying them with my serial number and proof of purchase, they let me purchase the Care Refresh plan.  

Really outstanding customer service.  I'm impressed, to say the least.  Not what I've come to expect from most companies these days.
2018-7-29
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-29 15:39
Yeah it is 48 hours and has to be before then.  If not you must do the video.  There is no way around this.

Well, it was only a few hours past the 48 hour mark when I tried to register and I haven't even had the thing in the air yet.  Whatever the reason, I got a very prompt and courteous response from customer service and after providing the requested info, they let me register.  I'm very impressed with the level of customer service so far.
Not to beat a now-dead horse, but there probably ought to be a bit more notification that you only have 48 hours; an email at least once you activated the device.  I only activated the device so that everything would be updated and ready to fly as soon as I had the opportunity, which I knew wouldn't be for several days at least.

As for the video, one of the requirements is that you have to video the drone flying 200m away and 120m high.  That's extremely close to the 400ft ceiling you're supposed to stay under.  As a complete newbie, I don't want to fly anywhere near that distance or altitude until I have at least a little experience under my belt.  But I want the Care Refresh plan in case I made a stupid newbie mistake, so having to do the video in order to get protection is a catch-22 situation.

In any case, all is well.  Hopefully I won't make any stupid mistakes.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dcaton Posted at 2018-7-29 17:25
I contacted support and was surprised to receive a response in a few hours, on a Sunday no less.  After supplying them with my serial number and proof of purchase, they let me purchase the Care Refresh plan.  

Really outstanding customer service.  I'm impressed, to say the least.  Not what I've come to expect from most companies these days.

Hi, thanks for the response. I'm glad to know that our team managed to approve your DJI care refresh plan application right away, you can now fly your drone with protection. Have a safe flight.
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_B353z1FFmbAe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85135 ft
Ireland

I have also just purchased a new drone. It has been less than 48hours since activating but the website is telling me it’s over 48 hours. I have contacted support but they are telling me there is nothing they can do. There must be a way to check when the drone was turned on. I’m willing to send any app info but I do not want to go through this rigmarole of videos. I really don’t find this acceptable.
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_xkpUeYfjRar1
New
Flight distance : 4806 ft
Isle of Man

I also recently activated my Mavic. 48 hrs and 10mins later I went to purchase care refresh and couldn't. I don't feel comfortable (having only flown it a bit in my lounge to make sure it worked) to carry out some of the tasks.
There is no warning on the box or in the app to say that you only have 48hrs to purchase.
I have written to customer services (on Thursday) but no reply. Feeling disappointed with service so far
2020-7-4
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

The other part of this equation is for a brand new owner, when the popup comes up during activation asking if you want Care Refresh, I had no idea what that was.  There is no explanation as to what Care Refresh is, only that you only have 48 hours to buy it.  It was after 48 hours before I even figured what the heck it was.  I will be watching this thread to see if the recent poster gets a response (the rest of the thread is several years old).  Now that I know what it is, I would buy it if I can.  Note that the link on the support web page that is for over 48 hour purchase results in a "Page not found" error...
2020-7-4
Use props
mikejr
New

United States

Keep in mind care refresh won't cover a lost drone, you need to send the complete unit back to exercise the replacement option.
2020-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules