Push mode noise/weak Smoothtrack after firmware update
2581 15 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21768 ft
New Zealand

Whining motor noise in medium/fast pans only when in Push Mode. Smoothtrack is very soft in Push Mode also. Pan motor is late to engage and settles abrubtly.

This has only happened since the latest firmware update.

No settings apart from Smoothtrack changed anything.

Gimbal reset performed. Calibrated. Autotuned.

Just a Mini and Ultra Prime on there.

Videos:
Ignore creaking. Just Ready Rig noise

Push Pan off, Smoothtrack on

Push Pan on, Smoothtrack on

Close up Push Pan on

Ideas welcome!

Thanks

2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Marty, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, does the issue remain if disable the SmoothTrack? Alternatively, you may adjust the pan values of speed and accelerated speed higher in Smoothtrack to see whether it helps.
2018-7-30
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-30 03:23
Hi Marty, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, does the issue remain if disable the SmoothTrack? Alternatively, you may adjust the pan values of speed and accelerated speed higher in Smoothtrack to see whether it helps.

Hi Susan,
Smoothtrack OFF there is no problem.
Smooth ON there is no problem.
Push Pan ON is the problem. No adjustments to other values made a difference to the noise with Push Pan  ON.
Smoothtrack also becomes weak... late and abrupt to engage and release (regardless of deadband/smoothing setting)

Thanks
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Marty_Smith Posted at 2018-7-31 17:11
Hi Susan,
Smooth ON there is no problem.

Thanks for getting back to us. We'll double check with our engineers and come back later.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Marty_Smith Posted at 2018-7-31 17:11
Hi Susan,
Smooth ON there is no problem.

Hi Marty, sorry for disturbing you, may I have the screenshot of your settings in SmoothTrack?
2018-8-6
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-6 02:09
Hi Marty, sorry for disturbing you, may I have the screenshot of your settings in SmoothTrack?

Hi Susan,

I'll won't be using the Ronin on a job for a couple of weeks. Therefore I won't have it near a camera to build.
Is the logfile of any use? Is it possible to generate that and send to you?
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Marty_Smith Posted at 2018-8-6 03:00
Hi Susan,

I'll won't be using the Ronin on a job for a couple of weeks. Therefore I won't have it near a camera to build.

Of course, you may send us the log file to check. Currently, from the current info we collected, it is more like the issue of settings, so we would like to check and see whether this can be reproduced at our end. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-8-8
Use props
edmoore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598150 ft

Hi Susan, just to report I am having an identical issue on my R2. Only an issue since I updated til latest firmware.
2018-8-16
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
New Zealand

edmoore Posted at 2018-8-16 02:42
Hi Susan, just to report I am having an identical issue on my R2. Only an issue since I updated til latest firmware.

Ed, do you still have those settings you quoted on FB to help them replicate?
2018-8-16
Use props
edmoore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598150 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 05:00
Of course, you may send us the log file to check. Currently, from the current info we collected, it is more like the issue of settings, so we would like to check and see whether this can be reproduced at our end. Appreciate your understanding.

Hey Susan - just seeing if there is any update on this issue? Very very obvious this is related to Push Pan and Push Tilt - if I have either on, I get motor noise on both motors when operating normally in smoothtrack. Turn off Push mode immediately stops the noise.
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

edmoore Posted at 2018-8-28 12:48
Hey Susan - just seeing if there is any update on this issue? Very very obvious this is related to Push Pan and Push Tilt - if I have either on, I get motor noise on both motors when operating normally in smoothtrack. Turn off Push mode immediately stops the noise.

Hi edmoore, sorry for the late response as I just read your comment. Could you send us your settings of  Smoothtrack? I'll forward to our engineers for further review.
2018-8-30
Use props
FLMLLC
New
United States

I just updated and having same issue. Has this ben adressed/fixed?
2018-11-4
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
New Zealand

FLMLLC Posted at 11-4 17:51
I just updated and having same issue. Has this ben adressed/fixed?

I have spoken toDJI. They've found the problem. Fix in January firmware. I've seen no problem with push tilt.
2018-11-25
Use props
Thomas Joke
lvl.1

France

I have the same issue like many others !
We all need a new firmware ASAP !
When ?
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Marty_Smith and all, we sincerely apologize for the trouble with Ronin 2, it is recommended to turn off the Push Mode and we will get it optimized via the firmware update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-25
Use props
YVRoninUser
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-1-25 00:34
Hi Marty_Smith and all, we sincerely apologize for the trouble with Ronin 2, it is recommended to turn off the Push Mode and we will get it optimized via the firmware update, please wait patiently, thank you.

Hello DJI Mindy,

I have tried to update to the most recent firmware (Jan '21, version 1.7), and I am still experiencing the noise issues exactly as this user documented years ago.  Supposedly it was resolved (from the notes in firmware 1.5.08), but I am not finding that to be true.

I had my dealer check their Ronin 2 systems as well, and they report the same problem.

Also, my Ronin 2 reports a version of 1.1.0.11 upon installation of the newest firmware, though the DJI Assistant software reports 1.7 is installed (Assistant version 2.02).  Again, the dealer reports the same issue with his units.

Looking to solve this.  Gearing up for Season 2 of a major television series and I'm worried my system won't be as good as last season.
2021-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules