Any way to lock position of Gimbal with New Phantom Remote?
6305 28 2014-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcamiot
New
Flight distance : 1267244 ft
France

Hi,
Is there any solution to maintain the position of the Gimbal while removing finger from the Gimbal control dial?

The dial return to middle point and the gimbal to a default position... We need to keep the finger on the dial to maintain a non default position of the camera.

Am I the only one that feel not that comfortable to keep the finger on a specific position while recording a long video and also piloting the Drone?

Any thought is welcome

Marc
2014-11-3
Use props
aspelhaug
lvl.1

United States

When I released the wheel on my new remote the gimbal stays at that position, the wheel returns to center, When I push up or to the right the gimbal rotates up, push down it goes down. but holds steady otherwise.
Not sure what issue you're having?
2014-11-3
Use props
dieterste36
lvl.2

Germany

You Need a update for the gimbal Firmwre to 1.0.0.6 (Vision plus) , this fix the Problem.
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

Hi Marcamiot,

Pls first upgrade all the firmware.
Then on the assistant software ,  make sure you select the remote-controller version in upgrade version (instead of Basic version).

Pls let us know if it does not work.

BR,

Una

2014-11-3
Use props
marcamiot
New
Flight distance : 1267244 ft
France

Firmwares are fine and upgraded, but I'm quite sure I've not checked the "Upgrade version"... I'll check tonight and let you know if any problem remaining.

Thanks for the help and quick answer.
2014-11-4
Use props
s.woschech
New
Flight distance : 275997 ft
Germany

Hi,

I am experiencing the same Problem. I am using New 2,4 GHz Remote, Phantom 2, H3-2D, GoPro H3+ and Lightbridge via trainerport. I have checked the "Upgrade Version" in the Software and updated everything. However - still the same Problem. Maybe ist due to the lightbridge?

Please DJI Help me, this really spoils the Lightbridge experience.

Best,
Sebastian.
2015-1-5
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Try this guys, it works for me
calibration.jpg
2015-1-5
Use props
me
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I have the  same issue. I can move the gimbal with the new control dial but if I release it, the gimbal returns to starting position. I've installed all the updates (but Phantom Assistant still shows that there is new version available even it is the same as the current (see screenshot)) and selected upgraded version of controller.

2015-1-12
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

me@vladi.biz Posted at 2015-1-12 21:02
I have the  same issue. I can move the gimbal with the new control dial but if I release it, the gim ...

Now do the "calibration.jpg" instructions without having the TX connected to the RC assistant software.
2015-1-12
Use props
me
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-12 23:04
Now do the "calibration.jpg" instructions without having the TX connected to the RC assistant soft ...

I've did it before and I've completed it again (successfully with "Di" in the end) but it is the same - when I release the dial gimbal returns to starting position.
2015-1-12
Use props
sean.moore.esq
lvl.2

United Kingdom

me, and the OP,

That's what mines does, and it's exactly the same as a number of others that I am aware of .......

Having it operate in any other manner is not logical, until I'm proven wrong I am positive that this is the as designed functionality.

It is not a fault.

2015-1-12
Use props
me
lvl.1

Bulgaria

sean.moore.esq@ Posted at 2015-1-13 03:24
me, and the OP,

That's what mines does, and it's exactly the same as a number of others that I am a ...

I can't believe that this is the normal behaviour. You can't hold the gimbal in the desired position and fly at the same time. Let's wait and see if there is an other solution to this issue.
2015-1-12
Use props
TXWally
lvl.1

United States

OK, newbie here, but is what my gimbal used to do. point up or down, then let go of the wheel, and it would snap back.

Did do all my firware updates, and now it stays in the position you set it to.  
** Read a bunch of posts saying to make sure you select the correct transmitter version.
2015-1-12
Use props
sean.moore.esq
lvl.2

United Kingdom

me@vladi.biz Posted at 2015-1-13 03:37
I can't believe that this is the normal behaviour. You can't hold the gimbal in the desired positi ...

Its actually very easy to control .........

Having it return to a known position, with no input, is ideal.

Unless you have sight of what the camera is seeing, how else would you be able to tell where the camera is pointing ?

This isn't an issue with my FPV, but having to sit at 45 degrees (when released) for me is perfect.

I'd really like to see something official that states exactly what the behavior of the camera should be.
2015-1-12
Use props
sean.moore.esq
lvl.2

United Kingdom

...... and all of my updates are done, and it's correctly calibrated, and it works exactly the way I'd want it to work

now could Mr DJI let us know how it's supposed to be working

please
2015-1-12
Use props
joshuahanna09.g
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've been struggling with the same problem for the last 3 hours and I've finally solved the problem.
I had been updating the firmware using the Version 3.8 Assistant Software.
I went back to the DJI Downloads page and downloaded and installed v3.6.
When Ioaded it up and went to the updates tab, there was a new line for the H3-3D. After I updated that, the gimbal worked as it was meant to.

It seems to me that the required update is currently only available from v3,6 Assistant Software. But hey, it worked for me.

However, now I've got another problem.

The 'Tilt Control Gain' has now no effect whatsoever. I understand that the speed of the gimbal rotation is matched to the extent of the gimbal wheel movement, but it would be nice to be able to adjust it so that overall movement of the two is faster or slower.

Anyway, hope this helps you mate. And if anyone could help me with the 'Tilt Control Gain,' I'd appreciate it!
2015-2-4
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

joshuahanna09.g Posted at 2015-2-5 00:12
I've been struggling with the same problem for the last 3 hours and I've finally solved the problem. ...

The calibration instructions have already been posted above.
2015-2-4
Use props
swomilan.hotmai
lvl.4

Mexico

I've been struggling with the same problem for the last 3 hours and I've finally solved the problem. ...

so if I understand you right you want to add gain to the variable gain of the new remote tilt control?
2015-2-4
Use props
sgttibbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 632021 ft
United States

me@vladi.biz Posted at 2015-1-13 03:37
I can't believe that this is the normal behaviour. You can't hold the gimbal in the desired positi ...

I struggled with this for a while, too.  I couldn't believe DJI designed the camera gimbal to return to the 45-degree position when you released the RC wheel.

I discovered that I hadn't upgraded the Zen IMU firmware, and was still on version 1.0.0.4.  I upgraded to 1.0.0.6, and rebooted. Immediately solved the problem.  P2V+ now behaves as expected:

The more you turn the wheel, the faster the camera tilt, and when you release the wheel, the camera gimbal stays where you put it.

Here's what my upgrade screen looks like:
http://screencast.com/t/JQytHscR
2015-2-11
Use props
sean.moore.esq.
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mine doesn't work like that, and I'm really pleased that it doesn't.

Thanks
2015-2-11
Use props
buzzyboy
lvl.1

United States

Did you then reinstall the 3.8 update?    Ive tried everything Ive read so far but not your trick. I'm frustrated enough to try it.
2015-2-12
Use props
deerhntr31.msn
New
United States

Joshua, thank you....... I have been struggling with this for many hours and your fix did the trick. Apparently the 3.8 software does not see that the gimble needs an upgrade, but the 3.6 vision does see it. I upgraded and now it works fine.

Thanks again
2015-2-14
Use props
alexfalk
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Una Posted at 2014-11-4 12:57
Hi Marcamiot,

Pls first upgrade all the firmware.

I've tried exactly this. All my firmware is up to date and I'm using the upgrade controller option, but still my tilt returns to center when the wheel is released.

Do you have any further advice?

Thanks so much,
Alex
2015-2-18
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

alexfalk@gmail. Posted at 2015-2-19 14:12
I've tried exactly this. All my firmware is up to date and I'm using the upgrade controller option ...

AS the post above says, try using the 3.6 version of the phantom asst .
2015-2-19
Use props
Tim S
New

United States

I have a Phantom 2 V2.  I was having the same issue about a week ago when I first installed my H3-3D gimbal.  After I recalibrated my TX using BOTH the RC Assistant AND the Phantom Assistant, (there is a TX calibration for the X1 gimbal tilt wheel in Phantom Assistant also), I now have full range and it stays in the position I leave it in.  Try both calibrations.
2015-2-19
Use props
alexfalk
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-2-19 21:13
AS the post above says, try using the 3.6 version of the phantom asst .

In the end, what solved the issue for me was a manual reset of the gimbal.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 76&postcount=11

Then a reinstall of the current gimbal firmware and everything was perfect!
2015-4-21
Use props
marlosurf.yahoo
New

Australia

I installed the h3-2d gimbal from my phantom 1 onto my new phantom 2. I had the issue of the gimbal returning to its central position when I released the tilt control dial. I tried everything posted above several times but the gimbal would always return once I released the dial. I understand some people like it this way but I would rather it held position so I can concentrate fully on controlling the phantom. The fix was easy. Take the back off the controller, remove the two screws to release the dial assembly, remove the screw on the back of the dial, remove the return spring from the dial, wave the spring in the air several times cursing at it, put the spring in your box of parts you'll probably never use again, then put the dial control back together. Perfect.
2015-5-16
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

marlosurf.yahoo Posted at 2015-5-16 17:44
I installed the h3-2d gimbal from my phantom 1 onto my new phantom 2. I had the issue of the gimbal  ...

Then you have an issue with calibration, firmware......something is not correct.
2015-5-16
Use props
landing911
New

United States

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
There seems to be quite a bit of confusion, so here's some more details about what worked for me.
This is how I got my new V3.0 controller to work with my DJI Phantom Vision 2 Plus quadcopter with the camera remaining in the same position after I let go of the wheel tilt control dial.  FYI, I'm on a MAC.

Here's the firmware I started with:

And the firmware after I upgraded everything and everything worked:

My new controller firmware. I didn't upgrade anything here.

For me, the controller worked to control the quadcopter right away after pairing with the button on the bottom of the QC, but the gimbal tilt wheel was harder to get working right.

The thing that fixed it for me was upgrading either the Main Controller or the P330CB drivers (it upgraded them at the same time).
***Be sure you choose the "Upgrade Version" for the transmitter version AFTER UPGRADING FIRMWARE. ***
Then turn off your qc, disconnect it from the computer, and power it back on.

I did the controller calibration in the PT2 program and also with the stand-alone instructions, and it didn't seem to make a difference for me. I did the in-program calibration last.
The program version did not seem to matter. The same upgrades and options were available to me in the 3.6 and 3.8 versions. I used the 3.8 version.

Good luck! Hope this helps.
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules