Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MP disconnecting problems
1010 23 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft

Hi there,
I have a Mavic Pro, and really like it. But lately I have some problems.
It started when I updated to .004 and the app to .22.
After this I had 3 or 4 good flights, and then I got a disconnect during the flight. Can happen.
But the next flight, I had it again, during the flight it constantly disconnected and connected again. I immediately returned the drone, but when I was close it disconnected again, and also froze the controller. So I took the phone out and restarted the controller, and landed the drone. After this I tried several times to fly again, but as soon as I started the propellers, it disconnected. I rolled back the go app, and updated it again, same sh**. I then rolled back the firmware of the drone and the rd to .003, and the app to .16, and it looked okay, second flight, about a kilometre away, it disconnected and reconnected, then disconnected again, and stayed this way, luckily the controller still worked, so I flew visual back. When it was about 400m away, the controller disconnected and stayed this way, I was glad the drone did a rth by itself  and 3 meters before it was landed it connected again. So I packed my stuff and went home... It starts to get pretty annoying now, to the point of thinking about selling the drone. I don't want to, because when it workes  it is a great drone. Can't DJI just acknowledge that they have a problem with the new firmware/app and do something about it instead of just saying you have to upgrade to the new one? Because I did and it does not work. And everywhere I read, I see disconnecting problems with the new fw/app.
2018-7-29
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

Hi GhostWolf010! Have you tried with another mobile? Which usb port from RC are you using?
2018-7-29
Use props
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 875499 ft
Canada

when did this new update come out?
2018-7-29
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4

integer Posted at 2018-7-29 08:13
Hi GhostWolf010! Have you tried with another mobile? Which usb port from RC are you using?

No, I only tried with my galaxy a5, normally it worked without problems. I use the side usb.
2018-7-29
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Greece

try to use the bottom usb port from RC with your mobile charging  cable. don't forget to unplug the cable from the left usb port from RC
2018-7-29
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4

I will try, but I always get a bit lag if I use the bottom usb. Also, can this effect the rc as well? Because this one keeps disconnecting also. I find it also strange that it happened with the upgrade. And I am not the only one with the problem.
2018-7-29
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4

Just another drone guy Posted at 2018-7-29 08:23
when did this new update come out?

It came out on 4/7/18
2018-7-29
Use props
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 875499 ft
Canada

looks like I'll have to be careful now
2018-7-29
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Greece

your device may not be able to handle it the app any more. Try with another device to be sure
2018-7-29
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4

integer Posted at 2018-7-29 08:38
your device may not be able to handle it the app any more. Try with another device to be sure

Yea, but I rolled back to .16, where I always flew without problems. And how do I get an other device that is "suitable" I already spend enough on the drone...
2018-7-29
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Greece

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-7-29 08:40
Yea, but I rolled back to .16, where I always flew without problems. And how do I get an other device that is "suitable" I already spend enough on the drone...

your device may be slower now for many reasons. Try with another device for test.
2018-7-29
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4

I tried with an other use cable now, it worked without a problem, well... I did have a couple of times the alert breaking ,  return sticks to centre. And I don't know why. But I am afraid to upgrade my fw/app again. It also was only a small flight because I am in a restricted area now, where I officially can't fly. If I have the time I will try a longer flight tomorrow.
2018-7-29
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Greece

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-7-29 08:57
I tried with an other use cable now, it worked without a problem, but I am afraid to upgrade my fw/app again. It also was only a small flight because I am in a restricted area now, where I officially can't fly. If I have the time I will try a longer flight tomorrow.

The problem is either on the cable or the phone. Try and tell us
2018-7-29
Use props
OutdoorfreakDk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19259 ft
Denmark

I have the same problem... did a new phone og FW roll back work..??
2018-7-29
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4

Just did 2 small 5 min test flights, can not do more because I am still in a restricted area, and there are helicopters flying around here. One with my phone .16, and one with a tablet.22, on the tablet I had quite some lag, and the screen had some stripes. On the phone everything looked normal. Except the drone could not keep altitude, it lowered constantly while hovering. (I did i IMU calibration yesterday, i can see the hight of the visual sensors on the RC, and they are lowering aswel. But I am still afraid of upgrading to .400, I think I will wait for the next update. Hopefully I can make a longer test flight tomorrow.
2018-7-30
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4

Just did a 6.3 km flight with my tablet. Flew nearly 3km away from controller. Everything went (besides the fact that it will not keep high at hovering) pretty well. Only in the end I had some lag, but it was doable. I'll try tomorrow with my phone.
2018-7-30
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4

Well, i tried to connect with my phone, but could not, whatever I tried. So I flew with my tablet, but the lag was dangerously big, and most of the time I could not see anything on the screen because of black stripes and a blurry screen. Later on I flew with the tablet again, this went pretty well. It still sucks
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused, I would suggest restoring to factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using DJI Assistant 2 then afterward re-boot your unit and relink the AC to the RC to see if there will be changes. I strongly recommend using a compatible device because using a different phone that is not fully optimized may not be stable enough especially if there's an application update. Since we're not aware of the phone we cannot ensure if ever that the app will still stable with our new version of the app.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry about what happened on your aircraft. I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your unit using the DJI Assistant 2 afterward reboot the unit and re-link the AC to the RC. I would suggest as well using a recommended device to ensure the connectivity because if we are using a different device there will be chances that the application might not be stable especially when there's an application update. Please see the link below for you to download the DJI Assistant 2.
https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-8-1
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Netherlands

Well, i did all you asked. This was the result: https://youtu.be/qTuAxpnnpuE
This was the second attempt, because with the first one it would disconnect even before start-up. And no, I will not buy an other phone/tablet. It worked, so you guys should be able to make it work again. For now I will try the rollback again.
2018-8-7
Use props
djiuser_gUX1YmKyy8eA
lvl.1

United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-8-7 07:04
Well, i did all you asked. This was the result: https://youtu.be/qTuAxpnnpuE
This was the second attempt, because with the first one it would disconnect even before start-up. And no, I will not buy an other phone/tablet. It worked, so you guys should be able to make it work again. For now I will try the rollback again.

did you ever get it figured out? i have almost the same issue, i cannot even connect to ac after update and i have done everything as well.,, the factory reset, downgrade firmware, uninstalled app twice, nothing since fw update, before update no issues at all. flew all over. i am using an ipad, and was no issues before fw update, now it wont connect to an iphone or my note 8. nothing.
2018-8-19
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Netherlands

I downgraded to .002, and the app to .14, and now it all works again
2018-8-20
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I've noticed a few times when the app itself crashes the RC "freezes" for a few seconds and disconnects from the drone (so drone starts to RTH).  Have you tried a different USB cable and/or using the bottom USB port?
2018-8-20
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Netherlands

It is not about the usb port, I used both  with the same result. It is the firmware in combination with the app. So roll back, and it will work again.
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules