Photos accessible from App, but show as not on SD card
5520 12 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greshman55
New
Flight distance : 35259 ft
United States

Immediately after a flight, I went to download the pictures I had taken. I plugged in my SD card and the pictures were not there. I went into the app, and I could see the preview versions of the pictures, but when I clicked on download, an error message displayed saying that the pictures are not on the SD card. How can I recover these pictures?
2018-7-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Was your card full? and if not, was it formatted.
2018-7-29
Use props
Rosita
New

United States

Go find a computer and try following command:
1. Insert the corrupted card to a computer using a SD card reader.
2. Go to Start and enter cmd or command prompt.
3. Type chkdsk G: /f. Replace G with the drive letter of your card. Press enter. This command will analyze the corrupted card and then fix the errors it finds.

4. Once the process is done, your SD card should be fixed.

If this problem remains, try a sd card data recovery software: EaseUS, Cisdem Data Recovery, Wise Data Recovery, Recuva.
2018-7-31
Use props
Pens Fan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22113 ft

I'm not sure if this will help but i had a kinda different issue. Depending on the size of your SD card, make sure your controller didn't change from 1080p to 4k. If you didn't have a lot of space on your card, the 4k files wouldn't fit (maybe) My controller does this once in a while and I always check prior to flight that it is in 1080p. I filmed a bunch of different clips one day and found out that it was in 4k and Windows media player wouldn't play them. I had to convert them all. It looks like it switches to 4k sometimes after I change batteries. That is one thing I have on my pre-flight checklist.
2018-7-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I always format my micro sd card in the drone, right after downloading the previous days vids and pics, to my hp desktop.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Pens Fan Posted at 2018-7-31 19:49
I'm not sure if this will help but i had a kinda different issue. Depending on the size of your SD card, make sure your controller didn't change from 1080p to 4k. If you didn't have a lot of space on your card, the 4k files wouldn't fit (maybe) My controller does this once in a while and I always check prior to flight that it is in 1080p. I filmed a bunch of different clips one day and found out that it was in 4k and Windows media player wouldn't play them. I had to convert them all. It looks like it switches to 4k sometimes after I change batteries. That is one thing I have on my pre-flight checklist.

The controller does not change video resolution, that is done in the aircraft, and it is not an automatic feature triggered by card capacity.
2018-7-31
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-31 22:38
The controller does not change video resolution, that is done in the aircraft, and it is not an automatic feature triggered by card capacity.

I believe we have seen some reports of changing resolution etc from users playing around with the intelligent modes, that might be what Pens Fan has experienced?

Not much info from OP about where the SD was mounted and no files shown so a wild guess would be that some software already did import and delete content of the card when it was inserted. This has also been seen before.
2018-7-31
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

Rosita Posted at 2018-7-31 18:49
Go find a computer and try following command:
1. Insert the corrupted card to a computer using a SD card reader.
2. Go to Start and enter cmd or command prompt.

Great reply this is some good info IMO, Thanks
2018-8-1
Use props
Pens Fan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22113 ft

"The controller does not change video resolution, that is done in the aircraft, and it is not an automatic feature triggered by card capacity."

Where ever it is done, all I know is my controller displays what the resolution is and I can change it on my controller form 1080p to 4k. so however it relays that to the drone i don't care and this is really not relevant to the OP
2018-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Pens Fan Posted at 2018-8-1 08:57
"The controller does not change video resolution, that is done in the aircraft, and it is not an automatic feature triggered by card capacity."

'so however it relays that to the drone i don't care and this is really not relevant to the OP'

And neither is your reply. The system does not change resolution depending upon the capacity of the SD card, or the4 remaining capacity.
2018-8-1
Use props
bellajoseph2497
New

India

Hello! Don’t worry if your phone is not able to detect your card then there is must be some issue in the procedure. Try changing the name of the drive letter and use chkdsk command and you can also use cmd command to recover photos from SD card. You can easily recover your photos back may be your SD card got corrupted but whatever be the reason but you can get back your photos from it.
2019-7-8
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In case the images were stored on the card but have become 'lost' you might like to try the use of  recovery software. I have used two, one which outputs files name "convar"something-or-other and I think the software might be http://www.pcinspector.de/Default.htm?language=1.
Currently I have "Zar X" https://www.z-a-recovery.com/download.aspx for no other reason than I had changed computers since last using the 'convar' one (maybe 7 years ago) and forgotten about it and Zar X seemed to get good writeups.
2019-7-9
Use props
Emma Parker
New

The Android users are increasing daily and I hope this recovery tool may help the smartphone users which are suffering from data loss

and media files deletion from them.

I also recommend to the android data lost users to use Android Data Recovery Software to get easily and in just a few steps they will

get back their all lost data from LeMax, Realme, Blu Dash, Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, Motorola, Oppo, OnePlus, and many more mobile

phones also.
2019-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules