Why video not clear in night time?
1398 5 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lenichelle
lvl.1

Hi, I'm frustrating with Mavic Pro's video at night time wasn't clear (blurry)

I had never a problem with Phantom 4 at night time which's a fantastic quality video and very sharp! Phantom 4 always be my favourite drone

Anyone knows how to make Mavic Pro's video with great quality in the night time without auto-focus? Also, I used manual but it was still awful quality... Hope, can you help me?

Thanks

PS. Sorry, English is not my first language.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reset the camera settings? Is the firmware updated? Can you also send a sample picture of it?
2018-7-29
Use props
Lenichelle
lvl.1

2018-7-29
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Most likely cause is movement during long exposure from wind. It will also be hard to get a sharp manual or auto focus.
2018-7-29
Use props
JimboSlice916
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180203 ft

when you are shooting at night in any mode, the camera shutter usually needs to be exposed for a longer period of time to let in more light

the reason its fuzzy is because of the slight movements while your shutter is open.
you can see what the settings are in the dji go 4 app, and change to manual to try shortening the shutter speed, but as you shorten the shutter speed the darker your image will get.

sadly, i dont think these cameras were made to fly at night
2018-7-29
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

Have you just tried shooting in Auto mode? Your ISO will be higher but your shutter speed will be shorter, you may suffer a little bit more grain but the pics/videos should be clear and crisp. Don't forget to Tap to Focus, its a PITA, wish there was a setting like the P3P where it focuses to infinity automatically.
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules