Abnormal changes in height during the flight with new firmware bug.
3936 33 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft

Aftew new firmware update altitude has changes lincorect.It goes from 5 metres to 90 to 10 to 120 when climbing.When drone is hovering in a certain altitude height is not stable  it is going abnormal from 5 meters to 120 etc.Try reset nothing try reflash firmware nothing....

2018-7-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Use DJI assistant for reflashing this firmware or go one or two back!
2018-7-29
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-29 10:26
Use DJI assistant for reflashing this firmware or go one or two back!

Re flashed from assistant did not solve the problem....
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would like to ask if you manage to calibrate the IMU and compass of your drone? did you check if you're getting enough GPS signal? 18 or more is the recommended signals. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_d6xZaHmaQDQi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7216319 ft
South Africa

I have the same problem. Removed the spark skin, no change. Re cal the IMU, will now rolback the firmware.
2018-7-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Anuvis Posted at 2018-7-29 10:41

Unfortunate!
Try factory reset option in assistant 2
And if that does not help, install  .701, after.
With another factory reset

But of course, your IMU looks good, or ...?

2018-7-29
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-29 19:38
Unfortunate!
Try factory reset option in assistant 2
And if that does not help, install  .701, after.

imu is ok factory reset did not fix it
2018-7-29
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-29 11:47
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would like to ask if you manage to calibrate the IMU and compass of your drone? did you check if you're getting enough GPS signal? 18 or more is the recommended signals. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

IMU is green so i did not try to calibrate...GPS is good 18 sat +
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Anuvis Posted at 2018-7-29 21:38
IMU is green so i did not try to calibrate...GPS is good 18 sat +

Hi, thanks for the updates, would it be possible if you can provide a short video of this issue for further analysis?
2018-7-30
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-30 09:37
Hi, thanks for the updates, would it be possible if you can provide a short video of this issue for further analysis?

yes as soon as possible
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Anuvis Posted at 2018-7-30 11:14
yes as soon as possible

Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-7-31
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-31 08:24
Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

OK here is the video and a second video
as you can hear the drone thinks that is ground in 50 meters up so the down stick cant bring down quickly. All these sheet start with new firmware updates .Everything is in latest version, No dirt or anything else in sensor.Try factory setting did not work try re flash firmware did not work,I use htc 10 android
2018-8-25
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148 ft
India

Anuvis Posted at 2018-8-25 08:08
OK here is the video video 1 and a second video video 2
as you can hear the drone thinks that is ground in 50 meters up so the down stick cant bring down quickly. All these sheet start with new firmware updates .Everything is in latest version, No dirt or anything else in sensor.Try factory setting did not work try re flash firmware did not work,I use htc 10 android

Does your RC has latest firmware?
If yes then downgrade it to previous one as all the bugs are in latest RC firmware.
Just downgrade it to previous one and the problem will be solve.
2018-8-25
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

Ani Posted at 2018-8-25 09:33
Does your RC has latest firmware?
If yes then downgrade it to previous one as all the bugs are in latest RC firmware.
Just downgrade it to previous one and the problem will be solve.

Yes rc has latest firmware.But how can i rollback the firmware of rc?Only AC firmware can rollback from assistant.I am waiting an official response from a dji employ
2018-8-25
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
India

Anuvis Posted at 2018-8-25 10:00
Yes rc has latest firmware.But how can i rollback the firmware of rc?Only AC firmware can rollback from assistant.I am waiting an official response from a dji employ

To downgrade the RC firmware refer to my post- https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 960&pid=1527877

This method has been tested by me on Iphone 7 plus.
Not sure for Android.
If you have an Android you can give it a try.
And also remember to reopen the Dji Go4 app if the firmware menu doesn't shows, then again follow the steps.
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

You cannot roll back the RC firmware. i don't know how they did this in IOS.  But I have a temporary solution as follows

you have to adjust the following parameters in SPARK
g_config_avoid_obstacle_limit_cfg_safe_dis = 2
g_config_control_avoid_atti_range        = 10

These parameters may be accessed only by DJI assistant 2  V 1.12

it now lands smoothly but you must manually land it. Do not Autoland as it will create the same jumping effect.
Volia solved the issue for android temporarily
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

Anuvis Posted at 2018-7-29 10:41

Its something got to do with the RC firmware.The SPARK firmware is OK.  

DJI  HAS WRITTEN A CODE TO ACTIVATE ATTI MODE WHILE LANDING !!   
i guess someone was drunk while the code was written !!
2018-8-25
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
India

S.J Posted at 2018-8-25 10:34
You cannot roll back the RC firmware. i don't know how they did this in IOS.  But I have a temporary solution as follows

Hi S.J.
I have also tested it on Android device, and its working fine.
So you can also downgrade RC firmware from Android device.
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Ani Posted at 2018-8-25 11:23
Hi S.J.
I have also tested it on Android device, and its working fine.
So you can also downgrade RC firmware from Android device.

i wish you can post a video here for android . i tried but im not getting RC downgrade versions with your method. It shows only AC firmware downgrade.

I strongly feel your rc was not having ver 0.6000 but an earlier vésion.
2018-8-25
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
India

S.J Posted at 2018-8-25 11:39
i wish you can post a video here for android . i tried but im not getting RC downgrade versions with your method. It shows only AC firmware downgrade.

I strongly feel your rc was not having ver 0.6000 but an earlier vésion.

Ok i will post a video tomorrow for both ios and android.
And i had the .600, which i found to be a mess thats why i tried to downgrade and accidentally found a way.
And if you can see the aircraft firmware downgrade then you must also have an option to downgrade rc.
Just remember don’t power on AC if you want to downgrade RC only.
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Ani Posted at 2018-8-25 12:36
Ok i will post a video tomorrow for both ios and android.
And i had the .600, which i found to be a mess thats why i tried to downgrade and accidentally found a way.
And if you can see the aircraft firmware downgrade then you must also have an option to downgrade rc.

I have tried the RC downgrade by powering OFF AC, It simply shows nothing !!:)
Please indicate video for Android.
2018-8-25
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Guys see my video. I have this height issue not hard land issue...
2018-8-26
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
India

Anuvis Posted at 2018-8-26 02:28
Guys see my video. I have this height issue not hard land issue...

Yes I red your post.
Actually the latest RC firmware is a mess, thats why its throwing wrong info to Dji go app.
To verify you can fly spark only(without rc), then you won’t face any height issue, which will prove that the issue is in RC
2018-8-26
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

Ani Posted at 2018-8-26 03:11
Yes I red your post.
Actually the latest RC firmware is a mess, thats why its throwing wrong info to Dji go app.
To verify you can fly spark only(without rc), then you won’t face any height issue, which will prove that the issue is in RC

Thank you for your answer.I want to ask if there is an y official response about this and possible a fix...
2018-8-26
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Anuvis Posted at 2018-8-26 07:00
Thank you for your answer.I want to ask if there is an y official response about this and possible a fix...

There is no time for the official answer. DJI now deals with Mavic 2 ...
You will first get a good idea from the users.

Try this if you can help:

this should be added:
2018-8-26
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Downgrade the Spark Remote Controller Firmware with DJI GO

The DJI GO application can be used to easily downgrade the Spark remote controller firmware. Follow these steps to downgrade the firmware:

1) Charge the remote controller until it’s at least 50% charged.

2) Connect an OTG cable 1 between the micro USB port on the bottom of the remote controller and the port on your mobile device (or connect the two via Wi-Fi).

Note: Your Spark should be powered off (so it doesn’t connect to the remote controller).

3) Start DJI GO. If DJI GO displays the camera view, click the “DJI” logo at the top, left of the screen to return to the DJI GO welcome screen.

4) Tap and hold the menu button at the top, right of DJI GO welcome screen for at least 5 seconds. When you release your finger, you should see the dark gray “Select firmware version” screen appear.

DJI-GO-SparkDJI-GO-Spark.jpg613x512 51.5 KB

5) Select the firmware version you’d like to install from the list and tap “Firmware Refresh” to install the firmware.

The above steps worked for me .  however the jumpy scenario still exists !!
2018-8-27
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-31 08:24
Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

well any response about the faulty firmware?Your engineers ??any progress ?or lets buy a new drone?
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Anuvis Posted at 2018-9-23 03:27
well any response about the faulty firmware?Your engineers ??any progress ?or lets buy a new drone?

Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. I noticed on your first video that the height keeps on changing, however, I'm not aware of the position of the drone during that time, was it on hovering or it was on the land only? Please let us know and I will coordinate this to the right team. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-23
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 13:24
Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. I noticed on your first video that the height keeps on changing, however, I'm not aware of the position of the drone during that time, was it on hovering or it was on the land only? Please let us know and I will coordinate this to the right team. Thank you for understanding.

This happens every time in flight in acceding descending hovering every time
2018-9-24
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 13:24
Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. I noticed on your first video that the height keeps on changing, however, I'm not aware of the position of the drone during that time, was it on hovering or it was on the land only? Please let us know and I will coordinate this to the right team. Thank you for understanding.

tic tank!!any news tony?
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Anuvis Posted at 2018-10-7 08:41
tic tank!!any news tony?

Hi, I was able to check this scenario. Did you try to use a different device or uninstall and re-install the app? Please sync and save important files before deleting the app to see if the issue would persist. If the troubleshooting steps will not work I'm afraid that the drone needs to be in service for further evaluation. Kindly see the link below if you need to send the unit to our facility.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2018-10-7
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-7 11:00
Hi, I was able to check this scenario. Did you try to use a different device or uninstall and re-install the app? Please sync and save important files before deleting the app to see if the issue would persist. If the troubleshooting steps will not work I'm afraid that the drone needs to be in service for further evaluation. Kindly see the link below if you need to send the unit to our facility.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair

I tried everything it did not help .The problems started with latest firmware update. To sent it for evaluation it is not an option Its more than obvious that these problems came with the latest firmware as you can see on the above comments.Also in this forum there are hundreds of horror stories about your service centers so no.The drone has never crash hit or hard landing.
2018-10-8
Use props
chris333j
lvl.1

France

Hi, after update the last firmware into my spark and try the "gesture piloting" in dji go 4 i have the same problem : strange height, no front off obstacle and no landing "bip". All seem to be desactivated . I try to change firmware, reset factory, uninstall dji go... no effect (( Could you help me plz ?
2019-10-19
Use props
chris333j
lvl.1

France

https://youtu.be/zX5XEKwzVI0
2019-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules