Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Error Using Camera Lens Filters
953 3 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I bought a pack of filters at my local Best Buy that are (supposedly) for the Mavic Pro. They pop on nice and snug, but when I fire up the bird, the gimbal points down to the right (if you're looking at the drone from the rear of the a/c) and I get the gimbal overload message on the app.

Thinking it was trouble in between the headset/operator error, I tried three different filters that fit just great, but again, as soon as I fired up the motors/props, the gimbal error message popped up instantly all three times.

Thoughts?  

It's the Bower Mavic Pro 6 pc filter kit.

TIA,
2018-7-29
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

I read somewhere that you need to re calibrate the Gimbal after adding filters ?
2018-7-29
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I think  the other thing is I'm taking the gimbal lock off before putting the filters on, and over at the Mavic Pilot forum, I found some posts that seem to indicate if you put the filter on before taking off the gimbal lock, the system will green light the gimbal check and you can fly with no issues. I'm going to give that a try.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. I do not recommend using a 3rd party device ( Bower Mavic Pro Filter Kit ) on your DJI Mavic Pro. These 3rd party devices can affect the performance of your DJI Mavic Pro.
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules