STICK ERROR CODE, beep beep beep....
41803 18 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moose1627
New
United States

Hello fellow droners!  to the point... My stick error code has prevented me from flying without "much" frustration.  when you go to calibrate (i found this quite easy using only my left hand) use your left hand to MAKE SURE that both sticks read "0" thats zero in ALL directions then tap start/calibrate.  my controller failed this several times because I could not get both sticks to read zero before I pushed the start.  Next when the follow me dots seemed stuck (numerous failures) I moved the sticks up and down side to side many times and FINALLY had success, (following the dots when they did eventually start progressing)  I knew I had it licked when the Gimbal wheel appeared and all that was necessary was a side to side roll.  Trial and error is not the recommended approach but this worked for me.  when you tap the calibrate/start button you will probably hear a couple beeps (I did).  This is a great indicator that you are on the right track!  Happy in Yuma!

2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the feedback, we do apologize if it caused you a lot of troubles while calibrating the RC, however, we're glad that you were able to calibrate the RC and manage to fix this issue. We do have a video tutorial as well that will provide a proper RC calibration. Kindly see the link below.

2018-7-30
Use props
iPutch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 425016 ft
Ukraine

Hi, it is a little bit different with the new version; we must follow blue dots not moving well. I didn't succeed the calibration.
2018-9-9
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

It may help to grip the stick between thumb and forefinger for finer control of motion.  At least it did for me.  (I lost part of my thumb in Tiananmen uprising)

Happy day,

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

thanks for the info
2018-9-10
Use props
huck222
lvl.1

Germany

I also get the Beeping and "Stick ERR". I could not calibrate it, it just does not finish the calibrating. That may be the cause that the drone shifted in the past. Like, turns constantly with no input. It is brand new, mind you. I Sent it in (without the RC) and they found nothing. Now they didnt bother asking for the Remote control. Service is extremely frustrating i'll have to say. Pretty careless, pretty much every time i had to deal with them.
2019-6-10
Use props
goalie.brent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728520 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-30 12:25
Hi, thanks for the feedback, we do apologize if it caused you a lot of troubles while calibrating the RC, however, we're glad that you were able to calibrate the RC and manage to fix this issue. We do have a video tutorial as well that will provide a proper RC calibration. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFeOF1lBsI

I cannot get rid of the stick err message and LOUD beeping!!!  EVERY TIME I turn on the controller for my Mavic 2 Pro it beeps and says stick error.  I go through the calibration and the beeping stops.  UNTIL I turn off the controller and turn it back on!
2021-3-14
Use props
DigitalWhizz
lvl.1

Germany

goalie.brent Posted at 3-14 09:24
I cannot get rid of the stick err message and LOUD beeping!!!  EVERY TIME I turn on the controller for my Mavic 2 Pro it beeps and says stick error.  I go through the calibration and the beeping stops.  UNTIL I turn off the controller and turn it back on!

I have exact the same problem with my Mavic 2 Zoom Controller. Everytime i want to use my drone i have the stick error. I can calibrate it and use it for a couple of times but then again i have a stick error. Additionally i recognized that sometimes some of the inputs interfere with other inputs. For example when i use the zoom wheel it might be that the drone turns left. Or sometimes i can see in the app that  the first joystick influences the second. But its not consistent. I also just tried to revert the Firmware to one version before but I received the stick error again after 2 or 3 times turning the remote on and off.
2021-11-6
Use props
Ritu Ahmed
New

Germany

Hi, I tried to follow the video for calibrating the remote controller to prevent Stick Error but it did not work for me, As you can see in the picture, the joystick seems to be 100% moved to the left while it is in the default position and also while I am changing the direction to right.
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_B2aUYzrN76Ue
lvl.1
Thailand

I can't calibrate the sticks. I watched video tutorial and did exactly as it shows. I can't pass left stick as it goes blue during i follow the circle. After full circle nothing happens. What can I do?
I updated control firmware yesterday, same as the drone firmware. I have Mavic Pro
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_B2aUYzrN76Ue
lvl.1
Thailand

I can't calibrate the sticks. I watched video tutorial and did exactly as it shows. I can't pass left stick as it goes blue during i follow the circle. After full circle nothing happens. What can I do?
I updated control firmware yesterday, same as the drone firmware. I have Mavic Pro
2022-7-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_B2aUYzrN76Ue Posted at 7-6 01:45

Are you pressing "start" and "ok", as mentioned in the video around 55sec?
Are seeing the boxes being drawn when you move the sticks?
If you can get that far, are you moving the scroll wheel as shown at 1:11 ?
If you can get that far, are you pressing "finish"?
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_B2aUYzrN76Ue
lvl.1
Thailand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-6 02:33
Are you pressing "start" and "ok", as mentioned in the video around 55sec?
Are seeing the boxes being drawn when you move the sticks?
If you can get that far, are you moving the scroll wheel as shown at 1:11 ?

Thanks for the answer.
I can do everything else with the controller but not move the sticks, well i can move them but nothing happens. I can't even start the rotors with sticks.

I did everything it told me to do (i think)
Here is the link for screen video and that is all I can do.
https://youtu.be/MwSi1QAdTd0
2022-7-7
Use props
MDT-DJI
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-30 12:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFeOF1lBsI

For me the calibration looks different, I think I have to follow the blue circle in the box, I can move only left stick but it won't let me to go next
Here is link for my try
https://youtu.be/MwSi1QAdTd0
2022-7-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It appears you calibrate the left stick but do not calibrate the right stick. If you are moving the right stick then the controller is broken. I could be that the sensor has died or the sensor wiring has become disconnected or perhaps other things. It might be possible for you to fix it yourself but then again it may not be, it all depends on your skill set, the tools you have available and the actual problem.
Have you checked the price of second hand controllers in Thailand?
2022-7-7
Use props
MDT-DJI
lvl.1
Thailand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-7 22:33
It appears you calibrate the left stick but do not calibrate the right stick. If you are moving the right stick then the controller is broken. I could be that the sensor has died or the sensor wiring has become disconnected or perhaps other things. It might be possible for you to fix it yourself but then again it may not be, it all depends on your skill set, the tools you have available and the actual problem.
Have you checked the price of second hand controllers in Thailand?

I believe I don't have skills to do that myself even I fix computers. Main problem is that I don't know what makes this malfunction. Left stick does nothing while trying to move it, it feel ok and it have the tension as it should have, both sticks feels ok and stay centered well.

I didn't check second hand controllers yet, perhaps I have to try someones controller first to be sure it is the controller.

Also here in Thailand we have pretty skilled repair mens. Let see how it goes
2022-7-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unless I am misunderstanding the video the left stick works fine, it draws the blue square but the either the RIGHT stick either does not respond or you do not try to calibrate it, then at 1:00 you appear to be pressing the "next" button with NO BLUE SQUARE traced out.
I imagine it is a MUST for the square on the right to be completed BEFORE the calibration can progress.
If you can, I would shoot and post, a video showing, simultaneously, both the calibration screen AND the actual stick movements you are making.
2022-7-7
Use props
MDT-DJI
lvl.1
Thailand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-7 23:34
Unless I am misunderstanding the video the left stick works fine, it draws the blue square but the either the RIGHT stick either does not respond or you do not try to calibrate it, then at 1:00 you appear to be pressing the "next" button with NO BLUE SQUARE traced out.
I imagine it is a MUST for the square on the right to be completed BEFORE the calibration can progress.
If you can, I would shoot and post, a video showing, simultaneously, both the calibration screen AND the actual stick movements you are making.

as i told all i can do is to try calibrate left stick but it wont complete it. right stick doesent do anything.
you can see in the video all i can do
2022-7-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MDT-DJI Posted at 7-7 23:47
as i told all i can do is to try calibrate left stick but it wont complete it. right stick doesent do anything.
you can see in the video all i can do

Ah fair enough then, I think you need to correct/edit the text in post no18 where you say "Left stick does nothing while trying to move it,". It should read "Right stick does nothing while trying to move it,.
2022-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules