Mavic Air activation Failed
4218 19 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans18c83849
New
United States

Hey I just got a flame red Mavic Air as a gift and it won't activate. It says Activation Failed and Network Error.

Please help.
2018-7-29
Use props
fans18c83849
New
United States

Now it's saying invalid device... here's my SN: 0K1UF5W00E00MZ
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read the troubles. May I know where did you purchase the drone? Upon checking the SN, I'm sorry to tell you that it is one of the units stolen in transit, please kindly contact the dealer to get the refund or replacement at your earliest convenience, thanks! Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-7-29
Use props
fans18c83849
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-29 20:04
Sorry to read the troubles. May I know where did you purchase the drone? Upon checking the SN, I'm sorry to tell you that it is one of the units stolen in transit, please kindly contact the dealer to get the refund or replacement at your earliest convenience, thanks! Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.

Hey Susan,

I don't understand why the consumer is the one being punished for a stolen device. This was given to me as gift bought online from eBay. How are we supposed to protect ourselves from this. The device was unopened. I highly doubt I'm going to get my money back. I work for Apple and we would never block a brand new device like that. The consumer has no protection. Am I suppose to run every serial by you guys to make sure it's not from a stolen batch. I'm very disappointed in DJI. You definitely lost a customer.
2018-7-29
Use props
MuuSer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5036 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

fans18c83849 Posted at 2018-7-29 20:10
Hey Susan,

I don't understand why the consumer is the one being punished for a stolen device. This was given to me as gift bought online from eBay. How are we supposed to protect ourselves from this. The device was unopened. I highly doubt I'm going to get my money back. I work for Apple and we would never block a brand new device like that. The consumer has no protection. Am I suppose to run every serial by you guys to make sure it's not from a stolen batch. I'm very disappointed in DJI. You definitely lost a customer.

Hm - it was a "gift" for paying for other stuff and you complain that you can't get your money back? I don't understand. And I don't believe that you are working for Apple, as there is regular practice to add stolen phones IMEI's to black list...
2018-7-29
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Interesting, DJI can block the new stolen aircraft why can’t block the activated aircraft after stolen like Apple? That will help to reduce the drone stolen.
2018-7-29
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

I think it’s common sense to buy expensive electronics from reliable dealer. Not from eBay or other unknown source even it’s brand new in box.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans18c83849 Posted at 2018-7-29 20:10
Hey Susan,

I don't understand why the consumer is the one being punished for a stolen device. This was given to me as gift bought online from eBay. How are we supposed to protect ourselves from this. The device was unopened. I highly doubt I'm going to get my money back. I work for Apple and we would never block a brand new device like that. The consumer has no protection. Am I suppose to run every serial by you guys to make sure it's not from a stolen batch. I'm very disappointed in DJI. You definitely lost a customer.

I understand your frustration and very sorry about it. We have already reported this case to the local police and the police have filed the case. Now both the insurance company and the police are investigating, so we suggest contacting the party who sold the drone to you for the refund. Also, to ensure the consumer right, we sincerely suggest purchasing from local authorized dealers to avoid further troubles. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2018-7-30
Use props
fans18c83849
New
United States

MuuSer Posted at 2018-7-29 22:18
Hm - it was a "gift" for paying for other stuff and you complain that you can't get your money back? I don't understand. And I don't believe that you are working for Apple, as there is regular practice to add stolen phones IMEI's to black list...

I could care less what you believe. I came on this forum to ask for help. Not smart ass remarks. Apple  doesn't block imei's. Carriers do!! Apple suggest you keep your iCloud on your phone that way it's iCloud locked. At Apple we try to do what's right for the customer even if the company takes a hit every now and then.
2018-7-30
Use props
fans18c83849
New
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-7-29 23:02
I think it’s common sense to buy expensive electronics from reliable dealer. Not from eBay or other unknown source even it’s brand new in box.

Like I said above. I came to this forum for help not smart ass remarks. How about you don't comment if you don't have anything helpful to say. If it was common sense to buy expensive electronics from reliable dealers instead of an eBay or amazon, then explain to me why eBay and amazon are still growing and the box stores are going out of business because of them. Since you're so smart!
2018-7-30
Use props
fans18c83849
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-30 00:08
I understand your frustration and very sorry about it. We have already reported this case to the local police and the police have filed the case. Now both the insurance company and the police are investigating, so we suggest contacting the party who sold the drone to you for the refund. Also, to ensure the consumer right, we sincerely suggest purchasing from local authorized dealers to avoid further troubles. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately Susan, I'm going to look towards other companies for my drone purchasing. I had the Phantom 3 and the Mavic Pro. Bought both of these from other places other than authorized dealers and they worked fine. I will no longer recommend DJI to anybody and I"ll make sure to explain my story and how unhelpful everybody was on the forum. It's a shame, you come asking for help...instead you get insults and accusations. Shame on you DJI for allowing that in your forum.
2018-7-30
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

In this case I don’t know what kind of help you can expect the people in this forum can provide. Teaching you the law about buying stolen goods? The best suggestions I can provide is report the person who sale you the drone to police and hope able to get your money back. You are free to buy from any source like the $99 MP sites. But need to take all the risk by yourself. It’s a good lesson for everyone to learn in this forum.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans18c83849 Posted at 2018-7-30 06:30
Unfortunately Susan, I'm going to look towards other companies for my drone purchasing. I had the Phantom 3 and the Mavic Pro. Bought both of these from other places other than authorized dealers and they worked fine. I will no longer recommend DJI to anybody and I"ll make sure to explain my story and how unhelpful everybody was on the forum. It's a shame, you come asking for help...instead you get insults and accusations. Shame on you DJI for allowing that in your forum.

Sorry about the bad feelings. In this case,  we are also the victims. Just to verify, do you pay by PayPal or bank card? You may try to contact Paypal or the bank to dispute. Anyway, we still hope you have a nice trip with DJI products and save the troubles to enjoy.
2018-7-31
Use props
djiuser_Nq2OwQwu7fiB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3155161 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same activation issue with a recently purchased Mavic Air from Amazon.  The serial number is 0KUF5600E00VP.  Is this device stolen as well?  Thanks.
2018-8-12
Use props
dalethrip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3155161 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Nq2OwQwu7fiB Posted at 2018-8-12 12:30
I am having the same activation issue with a recently purchased Mavic Air from Amazon.  The serial number is 0KUF5600E00VP.  Is this device stolen as well?  Thanks.

I tried activation again this morning and was successful!  Must have been a server issue?
2018-8-13
Use props
fansf57ad352
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1535853 ft

Concerning first time MAVIC AIR ACTIVATION..........You must first turn on your mobile device in wi fi mode and download DJI Go 4 onto your mobile device..Open the DJI Go 4 APP and remain on wi fi and plug your mobile device to the little plug on the upper left side of the remote controller..turn on the remote controller then the aircraft..wait for the GREEN light on the remote controller to indicate that the controller and aircraft are connected..could take a few minutes ..you should still be in the open DJI Go 4 APP and then follow the prompts in the DJI Go 4 APP to activate...Semper Fi..
2018-9-25
Use props
fansf4aea141
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6722 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-29 20:04

just got my air and cant get it activated
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_tgwT0cOZgvYP
New

South Africa

Hello Everyone, really excited, I just got my Silver DJI Mavic Platinum Pro with Fly More Pack. I just want to say I also work for a big company ;) Aaanyway, I tried to activate and it says Activation Failed - Network Error.

I have done a few things thus far:
1. Updated the firmware on Drone via DJI Assistant 2. Note you have to plug it out and back in to check if all updates succeeded - UNSOLVED
2. Updated the GEO no fly database via DJI Assistant 2 - UNSOLVED
3. Tried to update firmware on remote, was already at latest version - UNSOLVED
4. Used a different phone to test - UNSOLVED
5. Asked support via online chat for help - UNSOLVED
6. Tried connecting via WIFI / 4G / Reset / Restart all devices - UNSOLVED
7. Came to this forum and tried to post a comment, then it said my account was not verified. Verified via email and entered my device name without any spaces or dashes - SOLVED

So when you see: Network error, it's probably related to your account NOT BEING VERIFIED.

You can just scroll to the bottom of this forum and click on the "Advanced" link just above and to the right of "Post Reply". That should send you a verification email.

Hope this helps someone else
6. Tried another phone
2020-3-27
Use props
djiuser_tgwT0cOZgvYP
New

South Africa

@Administrator - can you please remove "6. Tried another phone" from the end of my previous comment? Also this comment?
2020-3-27
Use props
DroneAddictions
New
Flight distance : 200095 ft
United Kingdom

I just bought the DJI Mavic air 2 today and it says activation failed and contact DJI customer support and I have absolutely no idea what to do
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules