Battery cracks
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drycatoh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1172723 ft
France

Hi everyone,

Today, I flew like any normal day, I came back home, and started to recharge my batteries...
But then I realised a detail on my nearly 1 year old P4 pro battery : a crack (a stress crack?) on the bottom of it (see pictures just below, on the BOTTOM part of the battery)
681C96D2-5ADA-4ABE-A20C-424D4391EB74.jpeg

To be clear : I never dropped my battery, and it didn’t swell (I believe it what you say when a battery is growing), I just realised that after I plugged it on the charger.
It’s possible that it’s been there for a while, and I never realised it, but I’m sure it wasn’t here when I bought it.
I don’t think it’s a problem, this part doesn’t keep the battery tighten inside the P4, and when I put it inside my drone, I can’t get it out without using the *push buttons*. But even if you can’t really see that on the pictures, it really created a hole inside the crack, so it may break someday during flight or just when manipulating it.
If anyone ever had this problem, please tell me if it breaked or something, because if it makes the flight dangerous, I won’t fly with it anymore, and I’ll try to get with DJI for a replacement or something, as it’s not already a year old.

Have a nice day flying!

Drycatoh

12EFD39C-B577-4437-B3E6-0F7FE89DD794.jpeg
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The best thing for you to do is to contact DJI Support at support.nl@dji.com for further help on this issue. Have a safe and happy flight.
2018-7-30
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.3
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-30 07:37
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The best thing for you to do is to contact DJI Support at  for further help on this issue. Have a safe and happy flight.

Just sent an email, thanks, I’ll tell you what it gives me
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the update. Please keep us posted.
2018-7-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

How old is the battery?
2018-7-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nearly a year ;)
2018-7-30
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.3
France

Oh I just realised I missed a month so it’s more than a year now
2018-8-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dont matter, only 6 months on them i think but then in the UK we have a fixed 12 month anyway so i dont know what happens there
2018-8-1
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.3
France

Bashy Posted at 2018-8-1 04:16
dont matter, only 6 months on them i think but then in the UK we have a fixed 12 month anyway so i dont know what happens there

In France we don’t have 6 months warranty except on second hand products, so it should be a 1 year warranty I suppose... but anyway I’m done with it ^^
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules