Inspire 2
862 19 2018-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

I am thinking of buying the inspire 2 drone with the X5S or X4S camera. Which one would you recommend, I am want to start getting into heavy aerial photography and video. I am also  just curious, would my Ipad 12 in screen work on the remote?

I would appreciate any assistance.
2018-7-30
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Definitely get the X5S if you are wanting to get into heavy aerial photography/video. If you've got the money, you might even consider the X7.

I use my iPad Pro 12.9" with a PolarPro Tablet Extension https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... te-tablet-extension. It won't fit without an extension. Another option is to connect the iPad to a tripod with an adapter and not use the holder on the RC at all. You're not as mobile but can be more stable depending on the sturdiness of your tripod.
2018-7-30
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Thanks BagoDJIoperator84 for your post and didn’t mean to hijack your post here as I am interested to find out the answer to your same query.
2018-7-30
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2018-7-30 04:36
Definitely get the X5S if you are wanting to get into heavy aerial photography/video. If you've got the money, you might even consider the X7.

I use my iPad Pro 12.9" with a PolarPro Tablet Extension https://www.polarprofilters.com/products/dji-remote-tablet-extension. It won't fit without an extension. Another option is to connect the iPad to a tripod with an adapter and not use the holder on the RC at all. You're not as mobile but can be more stable depending on the sturdiness of your tripod.

Hi, can I have an idea how is X4S compared to Phantom 4 Pro V2 camera or to Mavic Pro camera?

I was asking a similar question (between X4S and X5S) in a very long-worded thread with no reply so far

https://forum.dji.com/thread-158957-1-1.html
2018-7-30
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The X4S camera is the same mounted on the P4Pro.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. I highly suggest checking this link to have a visual comparison of the X5S and X4S: https://www.dji.com/products/com ... dsite&from=nav. Also, these are the mobile devices that are compatible with Inspire 2:
2018-7-30
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-7-30 04:59
The X4S camera is the same mounted on the P4Pro.

Thank you for your kind info
2018-7-30
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-30 06:39
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. I highly suggest checking this link to have a visual comparison of the X5S and X4S: https://www.dji.com/products/compare-zenmuse?site=brandsite&from=nav. Also, these are the mobile devices that are compatible with Inspire 2:
[view_image]

Thanks Wanda for your kind info
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dronto Posted at 2018-7-30 07:01
Thanks Wanda for your kind info

You're welcome.
2018-7-30
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
South Korea

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2018-7-30 04:36

I use my iPad Pro 12.9" with a PolarPro Tablet Extension https://www.polarprofilters.com/products/dji-remote-tablet-extension. It won't fit without an extension. Another option is to connect the iPad to a tripod with an adapter and not use the holder on the RC at all. You're not as mobile but can be more stable depending on the sturdiness of your tripod.

Thanks for the fast reply, I really appreciate it. Money is no issue, I just started with the P4P, fell in love with it. good for quick trips but I want to further my aerial photography. I just dont want to drop all that mulah and just dont use it as often.
2018-7-31
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
South Korea

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-30 06:39
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. I highly suggest checking this link to have a visual comparison of the X5S and X4S: https://www.dji.com/products/compare-zenmuse?site=brandsite&from=nav. Also, these are the mobile devices that are compatible with Inspire 2:
[view_image]

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 2018-7-31 01:32
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.

You're welcome.
2018-7-31
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

dronto Posted at 2018-7-30 04:47
Hi, can I have an idea how is X4S compared to Phantom 4 Pro V2 camera or to Mavic Pro camera?

I was asking a similar question (between X4S and X5S) in a very long-worded thread with no reply so far

Like ToscanaDrone mentioned, the X4S camera is the same as the one on the Phantom 4 Pro. The Inspire 2 has a much better gimbal and can rotate relative to the drone but the actual camera is no better. I personally would not consider buying an Inspire 2 with the X4S camera.
2018-7-31
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2018-7-31 03:55
Like ToscanaDrone mentioned, the X4S camera is the same as the one on the Phantom 4 Pro. The Inspire 2 has a much better gimbal and can rotate relative to the drone but the actual camera is no better. I personally would not consider buying an Inspire 2 with the X4S camera.

Thanks for your kind and detailed info. Meaning you would prefer Inspire 2 with X5S instead?
2018-7-31
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
South Korea

dronto Posted at 2018-7-31 04:21
Thanks for your kind and detailed info. Meaning you would prefer Inspire 2 with X5S instead?

Yea fro what I have been reading the X5S is superb, I know it cost alot but i think its worth it. I have Everything I think Im gonna get to upgrade from my P4P, now to invest this much money into a hobby.... i have to do my financial forecast cant be broke now lol.
2018-7-31
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

dronto Posted at 2018-7-31 04:21

Yes, X5S. Of course, if you can justify the cost and you think you might use the extra capabilities of the X7, that would be even better. I already have an X5S with 2 lenses so I'm not looking to get an X7. However, if I were buying new right now I would at least consider it.
2018-8-1
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 2018-7-31 20:50
Yea fro what I have been reading the X5S is superb, I know it cost alot but i think its worth it. I have Everything I think Im gonna get to upgrade from my P4P, now to invest this much money into a hobby.... i have to do my financial forecast cant be broke now lol.

Hahaha thanks for your kind perspective
2018-8-1
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2018-8-1 04:31
Yes, X5S. Of course, if you can justify the cost and you think you might use the extra capabilities of the X7, that would be even better. I already have an X5S with 2 lenses so I'm not looking to get an X7. However, if I were buying new right now I would at least consider it.

Thanks for your kind suggestion
2018-8-1
Use props
Michael Kaine8
New

United States

Is there a section here for folks wishing to sell I2, x5s, lots of batteries, cendance and crystal sky?
All packed neatly into a dron guard backpack with optional T-motor folding props on the side & 3 sets of lens with proper balancing rings.
Its 1 year old this month, no crashes and has only been flown a few times in pristine condition
2018-8-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

My choice of camera would be the X5S which has a standard Micro /4/3 lens mount.  With that mount you can use various lenses which can also be used on a normal Olympus or Panasonic hand-held camera.

I found with the Olympus 45mm lens I bought, it sat so long that it had some version updates that addressed some aperture issue while shooting video. It came loaded with version 1.0 and Olympus had upgraded it to version 1.3.  I owned no Olympus or Panasonic camera to do the upgrade myself (You cannot do that with the DJI camera.) so I sent it in and it cost me $140 to upgrade it and gone about a month  in total.

Following that, I bought a small Olympus Pen-F camera and I can rotate both the DJI lenses and others between it and the X5S camera.  I can also update the lens firmware now too and avoid the sending it in and the lost time and costs associated with doing that.  Having a normal camera also allows me to check if the lens is perhaps bad, or having an issue if something doesn't seem right with the DJI camera too.

Fwiw, I liked the Pen-F so much I ended up buying their Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II as well, and a couple of their Pro series lenses too.  Nice highly-advanced mirrorless camera and about the same price as the X5S too!

2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules