Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo+ and DJI Go keep loosing connection
904 7 2018-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
528Sport
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HI,
Just after a little advice if possible.

I have an Osom+ and use the DJI Go app (on my Iphone SE)  It keeps loosing connection/sync and I have to close the app and re open it.
Symptoms are:
Camera feed goes grey ( I can still move the camera with the joy stick control)
If I record or take a photo I usually have to close the app before I can preview it, or go back to the live feed and then go back to the play/preview screen.  This isn't becasue the files are large I have issues with small files.  I get a spinning circle on the screen as if its trying to download.

Ive got the latest firmware.

I have the same issue if I use my Iphone 6s or my Ipad Mini.  I spoke to the supplier whe describes the Go App as not very good and I should maybe look at getting the Crystal preview monitor.  

Does the Osmo keep any kind of log files that can be looked at?
Are there any other apps that will work with the Osmo+?

Im using 5ghz wifi as 2.4 is even worse

Thanks

Dave
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app? Did you also try to refresh the wi-fi connection? If not, you may refer to this tutorial:
2018-7-30
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

i've never incurred such issues.  My issue is the battery on my iphone dying before i run out of battery on my OSMO+
2018-8-3
Use props
528Sport
lvl.1

Well my Osmo has apparently been back to DJI according to the company I bought it from.  Unit exchanged.  Funny same fault and same serial numbers.  I'm not very happy at all as I just cant rely on the unit.  What should I do?  
The warranty runs out in 3 months ans seeing as its been away for 3 weeks will DJI extend the warranty?

2018-9-30
Use props
528Sport
lvl.1

App re installed, wifi reset.  Ive tried it on an Iphone SE, An Ipad 4 and an Iphone 6s
2018-9-30
Use props
528Sport
lvl.1

2018-9-30
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your supplier fails to help you solve your problem in the interest of making a tidy profit!   
-While I have no specific solution for your issue, I will let you know that it's unlikely the hardware you are using.  I use both a Mini 2 and an iPod Touch with my Osmo without issue.  The iPod Touch is dedicated to the Osmo.... nothing else is running on it.   It has similar hardware as the SE and iPhone 6 and never seems to have problems with Go App.  I think your supplier is 'blowing smoke' !!  :-)

-As for the Mini, before starting Go App I make sure all Apps are closed, turn OFF BlueTooth,  COMPLETELY clear memory [ Hold down the on/off button until the shutdown slider appears-do NOT slide it- but instead, hold down the HOME button UNTIL your home screen appears.]  This can take anywhere from a few seconds to minutes.  This last step clears memory registers of any legacy files.   

-If that doesn't work, Delete the Go App, run the Shutdown/Clear Memory trick again and re-install Go.      
-One more thing... since you still have time left on the warranty, try opening a Chat Session with DJI Support.  Be ready to supply all of the product information and ask for a Case #.  That way if this problem doesn't get prompt solution, you've established the date within the warranty period.   

FWIW, I do the delete/clear memory/re-install using the Go 4 App with my DJI Aircraft ANYTIME there is an update to Go 4.  And I always shutdown all apps, put the phone, iPod, or iPad in Airplane mode.  Keep in mind you may be operating in a very "busy" 2.4 area and are experiencing getting bumped from the band you are using.  

2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

528Sport Posted at 2018-9-30 11:29
Well my Osmo has apparently been back to DJI according to the company I bought it from.  Unit exchanged.  Funny same fault and same serial numbers.  I'm not very happy at all as I just cant rely on the unit.  What should I do?  
The warranty runs out in 3 months ans seeing as its been away for 3 weeks will DJI extend the warranty?

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to clarify that you were able to contact our support and the unit was exchanged, however, you received the same SN? Would you mind sending via PM your previous case number? Did you try to re-flash the firmware of your Osmo+? You may refer to our video tutorial to see if you'll be getting the same result.

2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules