1683 5 2018-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes!! The quest to find a portable solution to charge the MA in the field is finally over! This morning I received my Smatree charging station and I couldnt be happier.Yes its quiet large but not too big to fit in to my back pack, charged 3 batteries in about 45ish minutes and still have 3 out of 4 dots left. It states up to 8 batteries, but even if I get 6 full charges that brings me to about 11 batteries worth of flight time, enough for a long weekend in the bush.

Amazon

The biggest challenge was to get it shipped to Canada, it is not yet available on amazon, sites like AliExpress charge a horrendous amount of shipping and ebay was not an option either.
I resorted to a parcel forwarding service, after some research i went with Stackry as the reviews where great. Ordered from amazon, got a 10% discount and free shipping, it arived at the Stackry wearhouse in the US 2 days later. It stayed there for about 3h in total, since its a battery it could only be shipped by ground - heads up. it arrived in Ottawa 4 days later (including a weekend)

All in all it came to about $200 Canadian and in my opionion its well worth it.

Let me know what you think and if you would use this or just buy more batteries instead.

Cheers
IMG_8099.JPG
2018-7-30
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft

200 bucks in Canada? Wow, I have purchased it here in Europe for around 140.00 € - lucky me.
And yes, it is worth the money. To my first test, I could load 7 batteries (down to 20-25%) plus one remote. Think it makes sense, when you own 5 or 6 batteries for reasonable loading cycle to get a whole day flying. I think it is not to heavy for hiking a day. It depends on what project you are planning, I had captured an archery tournament lasting 6 hours, and lost a lot of time loading the batteries at the center station. If I have had the Smatree charging station on the quad, I would not have lost some footage.
So thumbs up from me.
2018-7-30
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
  • >>>

Nice, glad to hear you are enjoying it, can't wait to put it to the test.
2018-7-30
Use props
maddox
Captain

very nice
2018-7-30
Use props
TiagoUA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552428 ft
Spain

Hi Rawsome,

Did you ever travelled with it to foreign countries?

Any problem with the airplane companies?

Thanks,

Br,
Tiago
2019-1-7
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Have not traveled with it via plane, I believe the large batteries could be an issue unless they are depleted. If someone here has some info on it - please share.
Other than that I've been loving it!
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules