Issues with latest Inspire 2 firmware. Anyone else having these p...
1475 25 2018-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Since the latest firmaware update (.200), I noticed a few issues with the Inspire 2. Mind me, I calibrated IMUs, rolled back to .100 and back to .200, calibrated compass, calibrated gimbal, etc. These issues keep happening, with almost each flight.

- When descending I get messages over and over again of the langing gear lowering and raising, I am not really sure the landing gear actually lowers, but the messages appear in sequence and several times in a row.
The height does not warrant any automatic landing gear lowering function. It happens at over 100mt from the ground.

- I start having critical battery error on different sets of batteries. Even this message seems bogus, as it lasts a few seconds and then disappears. Batteries seem fine, all seems good in the charging case, no abnormal value.

- DJI GO + CS monitor seem not to be crashing anymore with the latest firmware, which is a really good thing

It might be just random bogus messages, worth taking a look at. None of these showed up before this firmware update
2018-7-30
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 289757 ft

Hey! I have the I2 with x4s camera and CS 7.85 with the same fw(latest) I did fly mine today and I got the same messages about lowering the landing gear midflight. I had like 10 notifications about that. I have no idea whats going on. But seems that more than me and you have this problem.
2018-7-30
Use props
Joko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497674 ft

Hi, did you already see this ?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D385%26typeid%3D385

I hope that it’s not your case !

Bye

Giorgio
2018-7-30
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Joko Posted at 2018-7-30 11:04
Hi, did you already see this ?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=159303&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D385%26typeid%3D385

No, I do not think it's the same issue. I've seen this thread, but it might be something completely unrelated
2018-7-30
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

OceanK Posted at 2018-7-30 10:37
Hey! I have the I2 with x4s camera and CS 7.85 with the same fw(latest) I did fly mine today and I got the same messages about lowering the landing gear midflight. I had like 10 notifications about that. I have no idea whats going on. But seems that more than me and you have this problem.

Precisely the same symptoms. I did now disable certain auto functions related to the landing gear. The last flight was without those messages.
2018-7-30
Use props
Joko
lvl.4

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-7-30 12:38
Precisely the same symptoms. I did now disable certain auto functions related to the landing gear. The last flight was without those messages.

Good, and which parameters did you disable ?   ....you know, just in case !!
.... and sorry, but witch RC do you use, standard or Cendence ?   Thank you! For your time!
Bye
2018-7-30
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Joko Posted at 2018-7-30 13:26
Good, and which parameters did you disable ?   ....you know, just in case !!
.... and sorry, but witch RC do you use, standard or Cendence ?   Thank you! For your time!
Bye

Cendence. I disabled auto landing gear / sensing terrain (I cannot recall the exact terms).
2018-7-30
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 289757 ft

damn! im pretty scared to fly mine now. I did check my warnings in my CS and I can see that every time it says its raising and lowering landing gear(messages) it  also turns off the obstacle avoidance.
2018-7-30
Use props
Joko
lvl.4

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-7-30 13:32
Cendence. I disabled auto landing gear / sensing terrain (I cannot recall the exact terms).

Thank you, tomorrow I will check mine too.
2018-7-30
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The update is messed up. You will get the gear up and down message but it is not actually doing it. Your camera will be messed up gimbal wise as well. Hopefully there will be a new update to correct the issues.
2018-7-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica

I flew my Inspire 2 today with all the new FW installed and calibrations completed. I was getting this same banner (also voice commands) during flight at 245 feet at 45 mph.... scared the crap out of me at the time. I could not see the gear moving at all. This happened several times in about 30min of flight. I also noticed some trouble with my camera.  The hover in place seems to be much better and really locks in.

Not sure if I am downgrading everything and wait until DJI gets this sorted out.

All the best
Rich
2018-7-30
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-7-30 20:13
Elektrica

I flew my Inspire 2 today with all the new FW installed and calibrations completed. I was getting this same banner (also voice commands) during flight at 245 feet at 45 mph.... scared the crap out of me at the time. I could not see the gear moving at all. This happened several times in about 30min of flight. I also noticed some trouble with my camera.  The hover in place seems to be much better and really locks in.

Rich, Mad RC has a Youtube post about this. He states that the gear up and down messages are pretty much constant, yet the gear is not moving at all. He also states that the hover is greatly improved. He feels that there will be another update in a matter of weeks to take care of these issues along with the issue of the camera turning to the side when you land and turn the RC off. He suggests not to do the update unless you absolutely need the X7 new features. He has been testing the new update for a month now.

Mad RC also did a video on the Patch antenna and took the Cendence RC apart. The Patch antenna is only for 2.4 gHz and the 5 gHz antennas are in the RC.
2018-7-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-7-31 02:56
Rich, Mad RC has a Youtube post about this. He states that the gear up and down messages are pretty much constant, yet the gear is not moving at all. He also states that the hover is greatly improved. He feels that there will be another update in a matter of weeks to take care of these issues along with the issue of the camera turning to the side when you land and turn the RC off. He suggests not to do the update unless you absolutely need the X7 new features. He has been testing the new update for a month now.

Mad RC also did a video on the Patch antenna and took the Cendence RC apart. The Patch antenna is only for 2.4 gHz and the 5 gHz antennas are in the RC.

Guess I can't find the YouTube video you are talking about. The last one that Mad RC did was 3 months ago, which is not this new release.

Thanks for commenting. Cougar told me he has not had any problems with the new FW and he was very happy.

Rich
2018-7-31
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-7-31 08:08
Guess I can't find the YouTube video you are talking about. The last one that Mad RC did was 3 months ago, which is not this new release.

Thanks for commenting. Cougar told me he has not had any problems with the new FW and he was very happy.

Give this a shot Rich

2018-7-31
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-7-30 15:35
The update is messed up. You will get the gear up and down message but it is not actually doing it. Your camera will be messed up gimbal wise as well. Hopefully there will be a new update to correct the issues.

It just seems to be happening to everyone. No worries, they will fix it.
2018-7-31
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-7-31 13:03
It just seems to be happening to everyone. No worries, they will fix it.

Should be shortly Electrica
2018-7-31
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257218 ft
  • >>>

I am absolutely getting the landing gear error!!!!
2018-8-1
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257218 ft
  • >>>

2018-8-1
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

sfdrones.tv Posted at 2018-8-1 18:18

I am sure DJI is working on fixing this small glitch. It's not really an error, just a false positive on screen.
2018-8-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-7-31 11:44
Give this a shot Rich
https://youtu.be/0TWn2l7vuPQ
https://youtu.be/Ma6T1CVF660

Hi Rogder

Thank you for sharing these videos with us. Excellent information and it really shows the quality and engineering that has gone into these products!

All the best my friend
Rich
2018-8-3
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-3 08:21
Hi Rogder

Thank you for sharing these videos with us. Excellent information and it really shows the quality and engineering that has gone into these products!

True, great stuff, and the Mad RC does a great job! I changed my Cell Service from AT&T ( terrible, check your statements) to T Mobile and the manager said he uses a DJI Phantom 3 in his photography business.I brought my Cendence and crystal sky into the store. He is headed for an Inspire 2 with the Cendence and crystal sky.
2018-8-3
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-8-3 16:12
True, great stuff, and the Mad RC does a great job! I changed my Cell Service from AT&T ( terrible, check your statements) to T Mobile and the manager said he uses a DJI Phantom 3 in his photography business.I brought my Cendence and crystal sky into the store. He is headed for an Inspire 2 with the Cendence and crystal sky.

oh stop you'll get me blushing but thanks its much appreciated ;)
2018-8-6
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been using the .200 firmware since the release date. I have completed about 20+ flights since the update and have NOT experienced the false landing gear up/down messages.
Inspire-2 + X5S with 2x standard RC's both with iPad (iOS 12 Beta)
Regards
Allan
www.mediatechniche.com
2018-8-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2018-8-6 00:18
oh stop you'll get me blushing but thanks its much appreciated ;)

Hey, you are my go to guy. Great work
2018-8-6
Use props
kerofai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1446329 ft
United Kingdom

Aircraft fails to connect, gimbal drifts, image transmission issues, lack of aircraft stability, landing gear errors all after update to latest firmware.  Many people posting on Facebook with same issues after update!
2018-8-6
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

allanart Posted at 2018-8-6 01:37
I have been using the .200 firmware since the release date. I have completed about 20+ flights since the update and have NOT experienced the false landing gear up/down messages.
Inspire-2 + X5S with 2x standard RC's both with iPad (iOS 12 Beta)
Regards

Maybe the Cendence remote is the issue.
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules