Balance check states Yaw motor balance is bad no matter what.
18849 17 2018-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronin_warrior
lvl.1

Hi, I just recently updated the Ronin-S with the latest firmware. Ever since the newest firmware update I cannot get the yaw axis balanced correctly according to the app. I know it's balanced, but the app keeps saying it's bad no matter what I do. Prior to the firmware update I did not have this issue at all and would always rate Excellent when properly balanced. ALso when I turn on the gimble there's a slight vibration when it use to not do that prior to the firmware update!

Also there needs to be a warning that your settigns will reset when updating the firmware. I lost all my settings that I worked to get perfect right before a paid gig. I was not happy with the stock settings or the new settings I frantacally tried to dial in to get the job done. Other than that, I'm loving the Ronin-S but there seems to be a lot of bugs and weird quirks to it. I feel like a beta tester.

Is there any fix to the problems to my Yaw axis not being balanced properly according to the app? I know it's balanced properly because I have not had this issue before the firmware update. maybe one of the motors is bad?
2018-7-30
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314406 ft

I'm having the same experience. Actually before I updated the firmware the word "Yaw" was "Tilt" and whenever I run the balance test (3 different cameras) my results were all "Excellent" Then after the firmware update the word Yaw appeared and it always says bad. If I run calibration it will sometimes (not all) say Yaw: Good. I feel it is something that needs to be corrected in the firmware.
2018-7-31
Use props
djiuser_arYtg8cijZYs
lvl.1
Austria

I have exactly the same issue and I reported it already on the "Release Note" thread of the lastest firmeware update.
Sadly no comment from DJI so far, but I guess @lenzwizard is right and it needs a firmware fix.
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the late response. Please kindly check the motor power value after tilting 45° on the gimbal. If the value is within plus or minus 5, you can use it normally, no worries.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lenzwizard Posted at 2018-7-31 07:12
I'm having the same experience. Actually before I updated the firmware the word "Yaw" was "Tilt" and whenever I run the balance test (3 different cameras) my results were all "Excellent" Then after the firmware update the word Yaw appeared and it always says bad. If I run calibration it will sometimes (not all) say Yaw: Good. I feel it is something that needs to be corrected in the firmware.

Hi lenzwizard, this feature will be optimized in the further firmware update. Thanks so much for your feedback.
2018-8-3
Use props
ronin_warrior
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-3 02:43
Hi there, we're sorry for the late response. Please kindly check the motor power value after tilting 45° on the gimbal. If the value is within plus or minus 5, you can use it normally, no worries.

I'm not sure which parameter you are talking about but here's a screenshot of my app and with the gimbal pointed 45 degrees

2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ronin_warrior Posted at 2018-8-4 00:31
I'm not sure which parameter you are talking about but here's a screenshot of my app and with the gimbal pointed 45 degrees

[view_image]

Thanks for getting back to us. I've marked the power value as below, all are within plus or minus 5, no worries.
Power Value.png
2018-8-5
Use props
ronin_warrior
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-5 18:40
Thanks for getting back to us. I've marked the power value as below, all are within plus or minus 5, no worries.

I see.  Oops, I misread your post about  which value to check, it should be obvious if I read your post correctly. I'm glad everything is fine! Thank you.  
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ronin_warrior Posted at 2018-8-6 01:31
I see.  Oops, I misread your post about  which value to check, it should be obvious if I read your post correctly. I'm glad everything is fine! Thank you.

You are welcome. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-8-7
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-7 04:47
You are welcome. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!

Hi Susan, i have a problem with Balancing, I did everything as shown in the video. YAW- bad, Roll and Pitch Excellent. Tried many times but does not matter.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nohchilife Posted at 2018-8-21 04:47
Hi Susan, i have a problem with Balancing, I did everything as shown in the video. YAW- bad, Roll and Pitch Excellent. Tried many times but does not matter.

I've read your own post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-162521-1-1.html If there is any further concern, please keep us posted there, thanks!
2018-8-23
Use props
Aritrina
lvl.1
Brazil

Good afternoon. I just bought a S Ronin, but I think one of the engines is not working properly. I did some research and noticed that some people complain about the same thing. I did the above test and my result was quite different. When I tilt 45º the engine stalls.
2018-10-8
Use props
mrenny
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 8-3 02:43

Hello!

I just received my Ronin S two days ago, and have tried 2 times to balance it right but it keeps giving me "Yaw: Bad" on the Balance Test..

Here is a picture of the motor parameters with the gimbal on a 45º angle:

screenshot

screenshot

screenshot

screenshot
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mrenny Posted at 11-14 14:31
Hello!

I just received my Ronin S two days ago, and have tried 2 times to balance it right but it keeps giving me "Yaw: Bad" on the Balance Test..

Hi mrenny, may I know what's the current firmware of the Ronin S? Please kindly update to the latest version and do Auto Tune to see whether it works.
2018-11-16
Use props
djiuser_X7cIrsJ61tm3
New

Rwanda

Hi I have problem with blanching ido it 3times
1.all is Excellent 2.yaw is bad roll,pitch is excellent 3.yaw bad,roll good,pitch excellent what can I do no blancing Chang same camera and lens
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_X7cIrsJ61tm3 Posted at 3-10 16:16
Hi I have problem with blanching ido it 3times
1.all is Excellent 2.yaw is bad roll,pitch is excellent 3.yaw bad,roll good,pitch excellent what can I do no blancing Chang same camera and lens

Hi there, are you running the latest firmware? If yes, to check whether your pan axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced. Otherwise, the gimbal should be kept adjusting.
2019-3-11
Use props
rikk08
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Same issue happened to me, updated to latest version and now all tests show as excellent
2019-5-29
Use props
djiuser_1YFqVsN61Zub
lvl.2
United States

Hi, fellows.  I recently (less than a week) bought the Ronin-S Gimbal.  I balanced the gear well and the parameters were Good and Excellent before updating the firmware.  However, now Yaw always is Bad. I'm worried if I bought perhaps the wrong gimbal because I have the same issue that people in this forum have reported 1 year ago. That's mean, DJI has not resolved the issue in a satisfactory fashion. Let me know please if I missed something to do well before decide to return the gear. I will appreciate.
2019-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules