United Kingdom

as anyone took a drone on a plane
and whats it like going past security in england
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Many users experienced with no issues taking the drone to an airplane, but since there might have different policies to the battery with different airline companies, you can contact the airline and the airport staff to check the specific regulations. Tips: Fully discharge is recommended before taking the battery aboard. Thanks for your support.
2018-7-31
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Theres no problem.  Ultimately its just another plastic toy with a battery (SOME airlines have specific drone clauses but not many).  Security doesnt care.
Its a lump of plastic with a camera and a battery so no issue.  It'll need to be in your carry on bag due to the lithium battery.  

What i would suggest is taping the terminals of the spare batteries and tape over the button of the installed battery to avoid accidentally turning it on.  And thats it.  Discharge batteries to 35% or so (never ever fully discharge them - its really bad for the batteries) for added comfort.  Don't bother with utterly pointless lipo bag things people sell on amazon.  They're not a requirement and dont work for anything anyway.

As far as security is concerned its not a "drone".  Chances are they wont even flag it on the x-ray as they're used to them.  To them its a battery (important to them) connected to a camera (unimportant to them).  They'll see thousands of similar items on x-rays and searches a day.

2018-7-31
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Lots of threads here on this subject that a quick search will reveal.
2018-7-31
Use props
djiuser_Y0QrzgFgjpeZ
lvl.1

United States

Good question about airports and traveling with a drone.  However, I plan on mailing my batteries and avoid the battery issues altogether.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Y0QrzgFgjpeZ Posted at 2018-7-31 09:43
Good question about airports and traveling with a drone.  However, I plan on mailing my batteries and avoid the battery issues altogether.

Hi. For mailing your batteries, I recommend you to contact the courier for their regulations. Also, you cannot ship your battery if it's damage. If you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules