Explain this - still unable to fly
1152 12 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OzMerlin
lvl.1
Australia

http://gofile.me/2iLl0/RxdzRknYA

Would someone at DJI care to explain how one section of there updated POS app shows
a critical low voltage and grounds my aircraft and yet the VERY SAME APP in a different section shows
a completely different voltage level..

Do you have any idea how much money I have lost since that last abortion of an update completely grounded my
P4.

Yet, I am watching DJI blame everything except Trump and themselves for the issue..

You DO KNOW it is illegal in my country to not take responsibility for faulty products? That includes software where
a once completely working drone is now a paperweight.

Get yourselves together - own it, and start fixing it.!!!!!!

Without Prejudice

Oz
2018-7-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Whatever the issue is, it's very unlikely to be the app.
The app just displays the output of the various sensors.
If it was an app issue, we'd have hundreds of users with the same complaint (and yours is the first).

2018-7-31
Use props
OzMerlin
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry, I don't agree.. there are countless people with issues after the last firmware update and Dji attempting to deflect responsibility is a farce.

In fact, after downgrading and upgrading firmware I've managed to get the unit to fly * with *  battery error which is, of course, less than satisfactory.

That said, the errors are now interesting. If the unit is powered up, there are NO battery errors whatsoever. It will take off, and after a short amount of time it will
display an error message, however you can see that on the main flight screen the unit shows ample power while also showing a battery error.

This is where it gets interesting, if I turn off the motors, the error vanishes and all is well, take off again and the exact same issue appears..

I challenge you again, how can the main screen read battery levels over 90% WHILE the battery status screen shows an almost empty battery..

Given this NEVER occurred before the last update, tell me again how it's not firmware related?

I've written computer code that sits within satellites, I do not appreciate your, and DJI's condescending attitude.

I, and I imagine many others, are actively attempting to help by providing our experiences..

Video below.

http://gofile.me/2iLl0/jeF621h6y
2018-8-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

OzMerlin Posted at 2018-8-20 17:31
Sorry, I don't agree.. there are countless people with issues after the last firmware update and Dji attempting to deflect responsibility is a farce.

In fact, after downgrading and upgrading firmware I've managed to get the unit to fly * with *  battery error which is, of course, less than satisfactory.

Ignore post number 4, it is spam.

'I've written computer code that sits within satellites, I do not appreciate your, and DJI's condescending attitude.'

And I was writing code probably before you were born, so frigging what? This is primarily a user forum, DJI will not give you much in the way of useful help here, but the members of the forum will. Issues posted here will not be read by the DJI management, nor any of the developers. The only DJI staff here are untrained forum bots. If you want the members to help, then lose the attitude.

If you want us to see something, post it to Youtube, that link of yours goes nowhere. As Labroides sayas, this is the first time that particular issue has been reported here, to my recollection. It is moast likely a firmware glitch, so the first thing would be to load the latest firmware editions for the aircraft, RC controller and the Go App.
2018-8-20
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Must be Trump's fault
2018-8-21
Use props
OzMerlin
lvl.1
Australia

I apologise, I was unaware that this forum was not moderated by DJI.
2018-8-21
Use props
OzMerlin
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-20 22:15
Ignore post number 4, it is spam.

'I've written computer code that sits within satellites, I do not appreciate your, and DJI's condescending attitude.'

Considering I was writing code in 1980, there was pretty much only COBOL, Fortran, APL, basic and a couple of fringe languages.

I apologise for my aggressiveness, I am weary of the subterfuge being spouted by DJI. I have lost thousands due to this issue.
2018-8-21
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

are you getting error with different batteries? You can factory default everything and see if updates take next time around..sometimes an update doesn't get it right..sometimes they break stuff.
Also battery RC's App all may need to be updated as well. DJI will never admit to a fault online so save your breathe and focus on locking down issue. Lots of people here will help.
cheers D
2018-8-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

OzMerlin Posted at 2018-8-21 06:52
Considering I was writing code in 1980, there was pretty much only COBOL, Fortran, APL, basic and a couple of fringe languages.

I apologise for my aggressiveness, I am weary of the subterfuge being spouted by DJI. I have lost thousands due to this issue.

I was writing code when you have to engrave it in stone tablets

One reason for what you are seeing is that the available battery capacity is a calculated parameter. There is no way to actually measure battery capacity other than recording the quantity of charge delivered to the battery during charging and the amount of charge used during operation. If the battery has been sitting around for a while, the charge value may not be accurate, which is what appears to be happening in your case. During flight, the calculated 'available' capacity is displayed on the screen, but the aircraft is also measuring the individual cell voltages in real time during flight, when the battery is drawing high currents. It is this cell voltage which can lead the aircraft to declare a 'critically low voltage', and you would be wise to take notice of this warning, ignore the displayed capacity, as it is only a guide.

Normally the displayed capacity is pretty accurate, but not if the battery has been sitting around quite some time after charging, as the in-built discharge regime has already kicked in. If you are not already doing so, charge the battery just before going flying, and always take off with a fully charged battery. Do not begin a new flight with a partially discharged battery, it is the quickest way to lose you aircraft.

Likewise, do not charge the battery when you get home from a flight ready for the next time, always do it just before a day's flying.

2018-8-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-21 16:11
I was writing code when you have to engrave it in stone tablets

One reason for what you are seeing is that the available battery capacity is a calculated parameter. There is no way to actually measure battery capacity other than recording the quantity of charge delivered to the battery during charging and the amount of charge used during operation. If the battery has been sitting around for a while, the charge value may not be accurate, which is what appears to be happening in your case. During flight, the calculated 'available' capacity is displayed on the screen, but the aircraft is also measuring the individual cell voltages in real time during flight, when the battery is drawing high currents. It is this cell voltage which can lead the aircraft to declare a 'critically low voltage', and you would be wise to take notice of this warning, ignore the displayed capacity, as it is only a guide.

I'm tryin' to figure out why he dissed PASCAL.  
2018-8-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-8-21 16:30
I'm tryin' to figure out why he dissed PASCAL.

Pascal came a bit later, but it is still my favourite programming language. I would resort to C++ if I had to, but much preferred Pascal.
2018-8-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

They were teaching me PASCAL at U of Maryland right about 1980.  C+ was not popular quite yet.  
2018-8-21
Use props
OzMerlin
lvl.1
Australia

Funnily, PASCAL is also my favourite language, though I spent a lot of time coding in assembler..

Back to the issue at hand..

Each time I fly, the batteries are charged before hand.

Today, something changed. Since downgrading the aircraft only, the batteries were being charged without the controller being plugged in at the same time. This has resulted in the aircraft being able to be flown albeit with a non specific battery error. Today, I charged the batteries at the same time as the controller, and the original battery error that has grounded the aircraft has now re-emerged.

Nothing else has changed. Arriving home, I decided to re-engage with the issue by firstly installing the latest firmware into the aircraft, however this time I've chosen to use the Go4 app on a late model iPad.

This time it's reporting a battery error and asking me to retry.. Before that error, there were several "This device is no supported" errors which cleared themselves. If I restart the update, the exact same error occurs, if I ignore the error, it continues through to 99% and then stalls.

Thoughts ?
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules