16894 20 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snetkov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152385 ft
Russia

Good afternoon.
When connected to the drones, there is no image from the camera, in the "No Signal" status bar.
In the Aircraft Status menu, it says "Camera error", error code 4

Are the latest firmware

Screenshot_20180731-230002.jpg
Screenshot_20180731-230012.jpg
Screenshot_20180731-230048.jpg
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you try to restore the factory settings of the aircraft and update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2? You can download the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads). Kindly try to restore the camera settings to factory defaults. Please refer on the video tutorial and screenshot below. Thanks for your support.

camera reset.png
2018-7-31
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

You are having two issues here, the camera error and the firmware "abnormal" message. Follow the advice given by DJI Paladin here above and also check all your batteries if they might require a firmware update too.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, after you've done with the troubleshooting steps provided by DJI Paladin, if the issue persists I would recommend contacting our support for further evaluation or if this is brand new you can contact the seller for other option. Please see the link below for you to contact our support.

www.dji.com/service
2018-7-31
Use props
snetkov
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-31 07:37
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you try to restore the factory settings of the aircraft and update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2? You can download the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads). Kindly try to restore the camera settings to factory defaults. Please refer on the video tutorial and screenshot below. Thanks for your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Раньше я возвращал прошивку к заводским настройкам и мигал дроном до фактической прошивки, а также сбросил настройки камеры в приложении гудения
Снимок.PNG
Снимок1.PNG
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

snetkov Posted at 2018-7-31 13:09
Раньше я возвращал прошивку к заводским настройкам и мигал дроном до фактической прошивки, а также сбросил настройки камеры в приложении гудения

Can you translate the prompt message on DJI Assistant 2? May I know the exact status of the update? Thanks for your support.
2018-8-1
Use props
snetkov
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-1 02:39
Can you translate the prompt message on DJI Assistant 2? May I know the exact status of the update? Thanks for your support.

version of DJI Assistant 2 - v.1.2.4
Firmware version v.01.00.0400
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

snetkov Posted at 2018-8-1 03:15
version of DJI Assistant 2 - v.1.2.4
Firmware version v.01.00.0400

Hi Snetkov, it is suggested sending the drone in for diagnosis for this error. It seems you are located in Russia, please kindly contact the support for a further help http://www.dji.com/support. Sorry for the difficulties.
2018-8-3
Use props
snetkov
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-3 04:18
Hi Snetkov, it is suggested sending the drone in for diagnosis for this error. It seems you are located in Russia, please kindly contact the support for a further help http://www.dji.com/support. Sorry for the difficulties.

good afternoon.
Thank you for participating.
repaired, corrected the trail from the camera, it was an error. I hope not to happen again.
from myself I can say that this is the most problematic place, the train is too fragile
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

snetkov Posted at 2018-8-3 13:18
good afternoon.
repaired, corrected the trail from the camera, it was an error. I hope not to happen again.

Thank you for getting back, so the drone was repaired and the issue is resolved, right? Good to know that. Please also take care of it in daily use, mount the gimbal clamp when transporting it and so on.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.

2018-8-3
Use props
caiovisk
New
Australia

snetkov Posted at 2018-8-3 13:18
good afternoon.

Hi Snetkov,

Just wondering how did you repair the trail? was it a really visible problem? I am getting the same annoying error, hope I can fix that with your help.
2019-1-21
Use props
pantulacz
New

caiovisk Posted at 1-21 01:10
Hi Snetkov,

Just wondering how did you repair the trail? was it a really visible problem? I am getting the same annoying error, hope I can fix that with your help.

Hi, today it has happend for me too. Just like that without any reason. Now  there is no vision on screen.  I've try restore settings to default and refresh firmware by DJI assistant 2 but it didn't help. I've tried another USB cable and another android device without succes.
I can't understand what you repaired Snetkov. What you mean the "trail"? What is it? Is this a part of drone camera? or some settings?

I have only few hours of flight on my account without any collision so I don't really believe that this is mechanical issue.

I would be grateful for any advice.
2019-9-21
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>

did you tried to remove sd card from drone and try it without sd card if error will not disapear?
2019-9-22
Use props
fans92811855
New

DH_Pilot Posted at 9-22 04:27
did you tried to remove sd card from drone and try it without sd card if error will not disapear?

Yes I did. Without SD card there was the same error.
Seems that it has happened after updating of Fly Safe GEO ZONE MAP. But it may be coincident.
2019-9-23
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>

fans92811855 Posted at 9-23 00:26
Yes I did. Without SD card there was the same error.
Seems that it has happened after updating of Fly Safe GEO ZONE MAP. But it may be coincident.

Ok thats shame as I saw similar problems with cheap china sd cards but it is not your case if it is not working without sd. Only I could advise is only the general recommendation to refresh firmware or try to downgrade if possible also with reset of settings all to be done via DJI assistant 2 via PC.
2019-9-23
Use props
djiuser_OJfpQo6vO78D
New

Philippines

Same xperience but not working still after downgrade on AC
2019-11-2
Use props
djiuser_dvguMmzSUWhB
lvl.1
Italy

Same problem... last of a long list... never DJi again....
2020-2-26
Use props
Souded
New

Canada

I've never been happy with DJI products, it's pile of ..., I had the Phantom 4 before, right when I received it there was issues with connectivity, now I just got the ...ty Mavic air 2 and the same issue occurred, no transmission from the aircraft to the phone screen, and on top of that they have THE worst costumer service ever, AND it took an entire month for them to ship me the drone, never buy any of their products or you'll regret it for sure .
2020-5-31
Use props
yeehawpilot
New

New Zealand

I have completed all of these solutions on this page, after a very long and frustrating trial and error process. None of this has worked at all for solving the Camera error (error code4) message. Any further pointers in the modern day?
2021-10-29
Use props
madnazz
New

Switzerland

any solution?
2022-6-2
Use props
madnazz
New

Switzerland

yeehawpilot Posted at 2021-10-29 22:10
I have completed all of these solutions on this page, after a very long and frustrating trial and error process. None of this has worked at all for solving the Camera error (error code4) message. Any further pointers in the modern day?

any solution?
2022-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules