3873 19 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

My Asteroid shot  today did go wellI feel its not complete or perfect
is there any tips for perfect asteroid mode or settings i can edit?

here is the link

2018-7-31
Use props
alpbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 779281 ft
Turkey

Frankly, I avoid using the intelligent modes. So, I do not have any slightiest idea. Forget about the flashy flights. Work on your flight skills. Are you able to make zeros, squares, 8's? I am into this hobby for more than 3 years and I am still having difficulties. Learn the basics first, as I have already said in the previous thread. Do not misunderstand me, this is my advice
2018-7-31
Use props
alpbird
lvl.3
Turkey

By the way, I noticed that you stand in an area where there seems to be many obstacles. Never try using the intelligent modes in this sort of environments. I tried and learnt my lesson.
2018-7-31
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

alpbird Posted at 2018-7-31 04:48
Frankly, I avoid using the intelligent modes. So, I do not have any slightiest idea. Forget about the flashy flights. Work on your flight skills. Are you able to make zeros, squares, 8's? I am into this hobby for more than 3 years and I am still having difficulties. Learn the basics first, as I have already said in the previous thread. Do not misunderstand me, this is my advice

And how to make  zeros, squares, 8's?
Send me a link please
2018-7-31
Use props
alpbird
lvl.3
Turkey

2018-7-31
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

Looks like the Astreo didn't complete, it should have continued rising and then turn the shot into a tiny planet.
2018-7-31
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

QuadKid Posted at 2018-7-31 05:39
Looks like the Astreo didn't complete, it should have continued rising and then turn the shot into a tiny planet.

yeah , this is what i need to know
any explanation?
2018-7-31
Use props
Kevin79
Second Officer
Flight distance : 270899 ft

Agree with quadkid, looks like the quickshot simply got interrupted mid shot and did not complete. Was anyone watching your mobile device when the shot was being taken? There is a loading bar that will tell you when the quickshot is finished. If not, then did the drone rise, stop, rotate 360 degrees, and then descend to its original position? My best guess is someone touched the controls while the drone was taking the shot which will cancel it or the drone encountered some type of interference and cancelled the shot on its own.
2018-7-31
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-7-31 05:53
Agree with quadkid, looks like the quickshot simply got interrupted mid shot and did not complete. Was anyone watching your mobile device when the shot was being taken? There is a loading bar that will tell you when the quickshot is finished. If not, then did the drone rise, stop, rotate 360 degrees, and then descend to its original position? My best guess is someone touched the controls while the drone was taking the shot which will cancel it or the drone encountered some type of interference and cancelled the shot on its own.

no body touched the device
it was very windy , could this be the reason ?
2018-7-31
Use props
BoXiS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224934 ft
Slovakia

Try to do it one more time but watch your phone the entire duration of recording the asteroid for possible errors. It might be that the pano sphere did not complete because of the wind.
2018-7-31
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

BoXiS Posted at 2018-7-31 06:48
Try to do it one more time but watch your phone the entire duration of recording the asteroid for possible errors. It might be that the pano sphere did not complete because of the wind.

I noticed that the video recorded on cache memory is different from the one on SD card
could be the slow recording SD card the reason ?

2018-7-31
Use props
BoXiS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224934 ft
Slovakia

It may be, because even from this video its apparent that the panorama shot was not completed in order to make sphere from it. However, just to be sure, try to see on your phone screen what type of an error it shows to you during the recording process (it should always write for a brief period of time, if it failed and why).
2018-7-31
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

BoXiS Posted at 2018-7-31 10:52
It may be, because even from this video its apparent that the panorama shot was not completed in order to make sphere from it. However, just to be sure, try to see on your phone screen what type of an error it shows to you during the recording process (it should always write for a brief period of time, if it failed and why).

i reviewed the asteroid record
there is no error message at all , seems everything perfect if you watch the flight record  but what i noticed that MA did not reach the usual height  , it only reached 40 m  !
2018-7-31
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Hi Amjad.
Did u set your max flying height to more that 40m?
I made the same mistake to set my max altitude to only 30m before, and the android capture needs to go up a bit more. Try setting max altitude to 120, and try again.
Also, i would advise on getting a fast sd card, capable of 4k, just to make your life easier in the future.
2018-7-31
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

I did manage android in windy conditions before, the stitching of the image was just not perfect. It is possible to do android in some wind.
Another tip is to also don,t touch the sticks, as it will cancel the android completion.
2018-7-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

alpbird Posted at 2018-7-31 05:26
https://youtu.be/OcxUCepBHkM?list=PLwIVS3_dKVptduSLoE4Qb_vC_tdpSo053

nice sharing
2018-8-1
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-31 23:58
I did manage android in windy conditions before, the stitching of the image was just not perfect. It is possible to do android in some wind.
Another tip is to also don,t touch the sticks, as it will cancel the android completion.

Android or asteroid ?
2018-8-1
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-31 23:55
Hi Amjad.
Did u set your max flying height to more that 40m?
I made the same mistake to set my max altitude to only 30m before, and the android capture needs to go up a bit more. Try setting max altitude to 120, and try again.

This is what i need to know
How to play with settings  for asteroid?
i did not see any setting till now and each time i only choose asteroid and the object then start countdown from 3 to 1 then it flies autonomously
2018-8-1
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Man, typo, Asteroid....
Settings is under the three dots on the right hand side of the DJI go app. You can set the max altitude, etc, all over there. Asteroid don,t have its own settings, as it is mostly automatic, but you have to at least set some general settings like altitude to make it fly correctly.
Could you specify what exactly settings wise you want to know about?
2018-8-1
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-1 22:49
Man, typo, Asteroid....
Settings is under the three dots on the right hand side of the DJI go app. You can set the max altitude, etc, all over there. Asteroid don,t have its own settings, as it is mostly automatic, but you have to at least set some general settings like altitude to make it fly correctly.
Could you specify what exactly settings wise you want to know about?

Many thanks i  will let u know when i try again
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules