mavic air front lights, back lights led question
11035 12 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DavidTKeane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2444 ft

Hi all,

I did a search with 'mavic air front lights led' and there was no search finds. Maybe someone can show me the right way please.

Not that it matters, but the lights at the front are red and the back is green. When I updated to the new firmware today the lights changed position, the front were green and the back red.  i rebooted for changes to make effect and the lights are now red at the front and green at the back.

I only got this yesterday and LOVING IT!!  I am getting outside again!!

Thanks in advance.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the trouble. Please provide a video so that we can check it on our end. You can upload it using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Can you reset the factoring settings of the aircraft and update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2? You can download the software on this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads). Kindly follow the video tutorial below.

2018-7-31
Use props
Her-man2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft

Hi David, the front and rear leds are colored led indicators showing the operational status. Their color show operational errrors, but also whether it is in RC mode, face aware or gesture control. The manual describes the various modes.  After reboot: front red and rear green —> normal rc mode with linked rc and in p mode with vision controls active. Looks good to me. But I still grab the manual for looking up the colors and blinking states. Hope this helps a bit. Herman
2018-7-31
Use props
DavidTKeane
lvl.1

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-31 06:22
Hi, sorry for the trouble. Please provide a video so that we can check it on our end. You can upload it using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Can you reset the factoring settings of the aircraft and update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2? You can download the software on this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads). Kindly follow the video tutorial below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Hi Paladin,

No problems at all, i thought it was strange, I will make a video and upload it so you can see the start up.

Kind regards,

Dave.

P.S. Apart from this, everything is cool so far. I had problems with the pc not being able to see the internal memory, but firmware update and update the USB driver in Device Man for Win10 and I was able to see both Internal and Memory cards.
2018-7-31
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never seen this before the lights changing the opposite way around, can you upload it to YouTube so the rest of us can see it? or has it corrected itself now after the reboot
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DavidTKeane Posted at 2018-7-31 23:03
Hi Paladin,

No problems at all, i thought it was strange, I will make a video and upload it so you can see the start up.

OK, we will wait for your video so that we can give you a better solution. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

The lights change colour several times during a firmware update, absolutely normal.
2018-8-1
Use props
DavidTKeane
lvl.1

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-1 02:01
The lights change colour several times during a firmware update, absolutely normal.

Hi all..

Thanks for the fast replies and the confidence that I am being heard! Wow.. Thanks again..

I am uploading the video onto my YouTube Channel.

I updated the firmware yesterday using DJI Assistant ( Which is current version). It said it uploaded to the drone, that is when I saw the red light being changed to a green light on the front, they stayed on until I rebooted the drone for changes to take effect.  And the lights came back as Red in front and Green at back.

Today when I turned on the RC and Phone, it asked me to update the firmware again from the phone to the drone which is on the video, and the lights went green and when I rebooted they went back to Red again.

I hate to be causing undue hassle by asking, just wondering about it to be honest.

Kind regards,

David.

2018-8-1
Use props
Andrew Timmons
lvl.2

Might be due to battery firmware. Each battery has to be updated through the app while installed in the uav.  
2018-8-1
Use props
kosimo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50269 ft
Italy

yours status leds (front red solid), back green flashing, is NORMAL staus.
Mine is like that too!

174321llzizdssgvfhzhx7.jpg
2018-8-2
Use props
fans0c4dc647
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there, I recently bought Dji Air, I’m trying to link the RC to the Dji Air however it’s not linking.
There’s a solid green light. When I turn on the Dji Air, there’s no sound whatever it just turns on and goes to solid green light doesn’t even blink. Can’t hear the usual intro sound for Dji when I turn it on
Tried to link with rc however cannot link, tried to find the drone via wifi unable to locate
Appreciate if anyone could help me out
2019-6-21
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi David - Try removing the gimbal guard BEFORE you turn on your gimbal as it cant calibrate itself, you may damage the gimbal if you keep doing this.
2019-6-21
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 6-21 23:37
Hi David - Try removing the gimbal guard BEFORE you turn on your gimbal as it cant calibrate itself, you may damage the gimbal if you keep doing this.

Well spotted....
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules