Flight Time
623 15 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Just curious how far some people have pushed their batteries.  I pushed mine a little further than I would have liked the other day.  Didn't realize just how far until I looked at the logs closely.

So Friday night there was a town celebration here.  Lots of family get togethers, carnival, parade, fireworks, etc etc.  Since I knew we would be close to the fireworks in a open area I wanted to see if I could get some good photos and video.  I believe I did - still working on the production video

I digress ...   Anyway I took off with a full battery, ran it up to 400ft and downrange around 400ft.  Put it into tripod mode and started taking video.  I was more watching the fireworks than the battery.  When the warning came up I canceled the RTH and started flying it back myself (Had visual sight of it the whole time).  Well, it was taking FOREVER to get back to me.  Honestly I started getting scared it would fall out of the sky.  It wasn't until it was 100ft high and maybe 75ft away that I remembered I was still in Tripod mode.  No wonder it was flying so slow! In the end I was able to land it without difficulty.  

When I reviewed the log I was just under 9% battery remaining!!  WAY lower than I would normally push the pack.  What caught my eye though was the flight time:  15min 32sec!!!

That is what made me think to ask what your max flight time has been!

Below is one of the shots I took.  Looks good on my phone, but when enlarged I can tell the wind was effecting a 2sec exposure a little bit.
Firework.jpg
2018-7-31
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"Below is one of the shots I took.  Looks good on my phone, but when enlarged I can tell the wind was effecting a 2sec exposure a little bit. "

Still a very nice shot.
I have extended the flighttime, eh, the battery drain, even further down . The one or the other time.
But my longest flight was ~ 14 and a little.
I think that Spheres needing a lot of juice ;-)
2018-7-31
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

So far my longest is little over 12 min... my batterys are pretty new and I fly in sport mode most the time, so maybe that has something to do with it?  Makes me want to see how long I can stretch its legs.
2018-7-31
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Mittens Posted at 2018-7-31 09:52
So far my longest is little over 12 min... my batterys are pretty new and I fly in sport mode most the time, so maybe that has something to do with it?  Makes me want to see how long I can stretch its legs.

For that, you probably need no wind and to fly in p only and best way straight for- and backwards.
Have fun ;-)
2018-7-31
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

thanks for your story and very nice picture .. thanks for sharing
2018-7-31
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

I get about 11-13min regularly depending on wind and battery level.  This is typically not pushing it below 20%
2018-7-31
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

oh and based on tests and information acquired here, you will get most out of your battery if you hover in place vs flying around or in sport mode
2018-7-31
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, excellent flight time. Just remember to flip it into Sport mode and it should stop any active track, sport mode, or other features that may slow down your Spark.
2018-7-31
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-7-31 16:28
Wow, excellent flight time. Just remember to flip it into Sport mode and it should stop any active track, sport mode, or other features that may slow down your Spark.

A good tip, indeed
2018-7-31
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Yes, good tip.  When I remembered what was going on and why it was flying so slow I hit the STOP button in the app and was down in less than a minute.
But I'll have to remember the SPORT mode to get back on the ground sooner when I'm that worried again.  I was sweating bullets! HAHA
2018-7-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

wow very nice shot
2018-8-1
Use props
62+
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

When it at 30% I bring it back home. Just to be safe.
10 to 11 min flight time.
Very nice photo
2018-8-1
Use props
maddox
First Officer

nice shot
2018-8-1
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Nice Picture.
2018-8-2
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

I played last night and in sport mode on a long distance flight I hit 13 min, and on normal mode with front sensors so 6-7mph staying relatively close, I hit 14min.... screw 1 min for the lack of speed to get somewhere faster and then play around.
2018-8-2
Use props
Driel87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265016 ft
Netherlands

amazing shot!
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules