Videos recorded with OSMO freeze after half of video is played
658 5 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loaizadaniel_12
New
Venezuela

I've been having a problem after recording videos at any format excepting the super slow motion format, this means that every video recorded for example at 1080/60fps, when I want to preview it on any program (VLC, Quicktime, Adobe Premiere) the video only plays half of the time of the totl duration of the video. But the size and duration of the video is larger.
I have done the following:

• Record the video on different formats, finding that the only format that doesn't give me problems at all is when videos are recorded on super slow motion.
  • I have used different SD cards to check wether the problem is with the SD card, and with differrent SD cards I have the same problem.
  • Changed the files name, in the SD card and also in my external hard drive and even in the internal computer hard drive and the result is the same, the video seems to be damaged after half of it.

Find a two video samples each one recorded on different SD cards and with both i found the problem. Check the following dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/DJI%20OSMO%20sample%20files   

DJI_0001.MOV ---- As you can see this video has a total duration of 17 seconds yet the playback only lasts 8-9 seconds.
DJI_0002.MOV ---- As you can see this video has a total duration of 12 seconds yet the playback on lasts 6 seconds.

OSMO firmware version: 1.0.1.19+
APP:02 version: 3.1.42(2932)

Waiting for yout feedback.

2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. However, upon checking the link you provided, this error appeared:

But anyways, can you upgrade the firmware? The version should be v1.11.2.70. You may refer to this tutorial:
2018-8-1
Use props
loaizadaniel_12
New
Venezuela

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-1 02:26
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. However, upon checking the link you provided, this error appeared:
[view_image]

Hi, ok I will upgrade the firmware. But I hav so many videos damaged, how can I do to recover them, because the information is there it just seems to be damaged after the half.

I'm sharing the link again:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qeqr0 ... LdvIB7Z_rbx5da?dl=0

Please check.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

loaizadaniel_12 Posted at 2018-8-1 05:47
Hi, ok I will upgrade the firmware. But I hav so many videos damaged, how can I do to recover them, because the information is there it just seems to be damaged after the half.

I'm sharing the link again:

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate event happened but the only remedy that we can suggest is to just edit the videos you have since we no longer have the way to recover or fix the videos regardless that you already updated the firmware.
2018-8-1
Use props
loaizadaniel_12
New
Venezuela

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-1 06:00
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate event happened but the only remedy that we can suggest is to just edit the videos you have since we no longer have the way to recover or fix the videos regardless that you already updated the firmware.

Hi,

I tried to upgrade and the procedure failed, now the camera doesn´t work at all.

This is the log:

========== 2018.08.01 19:46:40 =====================
Packet: OSMO_FW_V99.99.99.99.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

I tried the procedure through the app and after 67%  it failed and displayed a message that said: "The Upgrade Failed report will be uploaded to DJI for further support".

It's a shame that everything is damaged now.

Please help me urgently.

2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

loaizadaniel_12 Posted at 2018-8-1 16:18
Hi,

I tried to upgrade and the procedure failed, now the camera doesn´t work at all.

If that's the case, we highly suggest to send it to our repair facility to have it check. Please contact our support +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) to start up a case.
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules