Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another flight - another gimble reset
962 17 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I am used to gimble resets since I both my Mavic back in jun 2017, but it was ones in 2-4 months. Now when the warranty is gone -  in last 4 flights I had 3 resets - 2 times with N/A's and video stopping and one without stopping (see below) - it's frustrating I am losing a minute of my flight waiting for it to settle and luckily it das not happened when in the wood or some other dense place where I can lose my Precious

2018-7-31
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Which sd cards are you using?
2018-7-31
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am using sandisk extreme 32gb. Before i was using 64gb and i often had gimble problems( like doing a reset automatically while in flight) with this sd card. Maybe this has got to do with it.
2018-7-31
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-7-31 14:22
I am using sandisk extreme 32gb. Before i was using 64gb and i often had gimble problems( like doing a reset automatically while in flight) with this sd card. Maybe this has got to do with it.

It very well might be related - my pug eat my Samsung 64GB pro SD and I replaced it with SanDisk Extreme microSDXC 64GB and resets are way more often (not that one did not happened the day before old card destruction )
2018-7-31
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Loved the video and know what you mean. I've been thinking about using  NLD apps and just backup my firmware and use both my Mavics like they were meant to from the start and not all the NFZ bull crap stuff etc lol They have capped even us 107 certs and i cannot inspect a tower 2000+ feet high TV towers anymore without jumping through hoops. THAT'what was my final straw.Hope the resets go away with a new SD card.
2018-7-31
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Try using 32 gb sd cards, i am almost sure, you won’t have any resets anymore
2018-7-31
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-7-31 22:20
Try using 32 gb sd cards, i am almost sure, you won’t have any resets anymore

I purchased one - soon will try, hope  You are right
2018-7-31
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Let me know
2018-8-1
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Sorry about the reset.
I see it has been a year since you purchased your Mavic.
Looking over mine I see the Gimbal flex cable shifted a little . Not sure if the connector is still seated firmly but was wondering if it did loosen up and flying in the clouds that there might be a moisture issue with the connector.

How could ever  think it might be caused by that cute looking Pug eating the SD card.?
She loves your videos and just wanted to see what was on the card.
2018-8-1
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

Mine also does it occasionally. In the video it did it 3 times in one flight, not always that bad and not always every flight. As you can see before it does it it looks like it starts to vibrate.

BUT, with ND filters on I have yet to have it happen. My take on it is that the gimbal starts to vibrate and when it senses that its going out of its set limits it start to reset?! Maybe the little extra weight of the ND filter helps to keep it still. Sometimes I would fly 3 batteries with ND filters on and no resets, and when it gets too dark and I remove the filter I will get a reset.

If you watch the video through youtube the timestamps are in the description

2018-8-1
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today SD Card arrived (Transcend 32GB MicroSDXC/SDHC Class 10 UHSI U3 633x read: up to 95MB/s write: up to 85MB/s)  and I start testing - 4 batteries (~50 minutes flight time, ~40 km) - No reset with N/S and movie cut, BUT (there's always a but) in the first flight happened what happened 2 months ago https://forum.dji.com/thread-152000-1-1.html something like gimble reset but shorter without clip stopping BUT with direction change - this time smaller than back then and I decided to take a closer look.
So I screen capture flight log put on top of it camera footage and made short documentary

The interesting part was on the third flight it gave me compass error for the first time and continue flying in ATTI mode for good 2 minutes showing no flight path on DJI GO (but recording it!) then recovered and continue normal flight (I was flying all the time as planned )
no compass error found.jpg
yaw errors.jpg
2018-8-2
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Good call, new SD card (Transcend x633 32GB) is in the Mavic for 11 flights with no resets! Previous SanDisk Extreme microSDXC 64GB was causing nearly Every flight a gimble reset - go figure.
2018-8-6
Use props
RadioFlyerMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2594032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been dealing with gimbal/camera resets also.  I have two cards, 16gig, Sandisk Extreme that came with the Platinum, and a 64gig, Samsung EVO purchased in a flymore.   I have been switching between the two as I heard the 64 may be the problem.  Before I takeoff, I have the GO 4 app format the card.  Also to be sure, I have been doing a lot of firmware update/refresh, and  IMU, Compass, Gimbal calibrations to eliminate those variables.

My experience over the last two month is that all resets happen with the 64gig and never with the 16gig.  Also, it is possible but NOT confirmed that the resets happen when the current load on the battery is high, or maybe a weak video signal.   Now I fly with just the 16gig as it has enough capacity for what I do.
2018-10-29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

RadioFlyerMan Posted at 2018-10-29 08:04
I have been dealing with gimbal/camera resets also.  I have two cards, 16gig, Sandisk Extreme that came with the Platinum, and a 64gig, Samsung EVO purchased in a flymore.   I have been switching between the two as I heard the 64 may be the problem.  Before I takeoff, I have the GO 4 app format the card.  Also to be sure, I have been doing a lot of firmware update/refresh, and  IMU, Compass, Gimbal calibrations to eliminate those variables.

My experience over the last two month is that all resets happen with the 64gig and never with the 16gig.  Also, it is possible but NOT confirmed that the resets happen when the current load on the battery is high, or maybe a weak video signal.   Now I fly with just the 16gig as it has enough capacity for what I do.

Transcend x633 32GB - 0 resets for monts!
2018-10-29
Use props
RadioFlyerMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2594032 ft
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2018-10-29 08:25
Transcend x633 32GB - 0 resets for monts!

I'm not knowlegable regarding these cards.  Thanks for the advice!
2018-10-29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

RadioFlyerMan Posted at 2018-10-29 10:16
I'm not knowlegable regarding these cards.  Thanks for the advice!

Me either, but when decided to try new SD card this one was available and happened to be the keeper
2018-10-29
Use props
Evil5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71060 ft
Germany

Sorry, off topic! I just have a simple question but DJI won‘t let me post until I have 10 credit points? DJI, this is highly unprofessional, not customer friendly and definitely not
helping...!
My question: is there a separate serial number for the Mavic pro? If so, where can I find it? And please don’t go with „Why doch you need it?“, ok? I simply need to know. Thanks.
2019-1-7
Use props
Evil5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71060 ft
Germany

Evil5 Posted at 1-7 06:10
Sorry, off topic! I just have a simple question but DJI won‘t let me post until I have 10 credit points? DJI, this is highly unprofessional, not customer friendly and definitely not
helping...!
My question: is there a separate serial number for the Mavic pro? If so, where can I find it? And please don’t go with „Why doch you need it?“, ok? I simply need to know. Thanks.

I meant a CAMERA serial, sorry - forgot to mention. ;)
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules