Transfer Cinema DNG Licence to new inspire 2 after total loss
3649 17 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PITS Paul
lvl.2

Hi,

I bought an inspire two with cinema dng licence in april this year, yesterday a car ran over my drone and completely ruined it.  I am going to buy a new inspire, is there a possibility to transfer the cinema dng licence to the new inspire since this is just a software transfer and the old one (obviously) will not be used anymore, please reply asap since this is urgent

Thanks
2018-7-31
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Wow, how does a car drive over drone? Did you land in a street or something?
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for what happened. However, there is no way for us to transfer the license.
2018-8-1
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-1 04:11
Hello there. We apologize for what happened. However, there is no way for us to transfer the license.

Hi,

i don't understand, people post that they received a new license to replace the ones they had when their drones are lost or broken, this is exactly what has happened?  The insurance will pay for a new drone, but NOT for a new license since they state it's software, paid for and should be able to transfer (they get their info from dji, so they say)
2018-8-1
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

dancopter Posted at 2018-8-1 02:46
Wow, how does a car drive over drone? Did you land in a street or something?

no, it was ready to take off on my driveway, which is closed of from the street with a fence, but my wife opened the gate when she got back and somebody backup his car over my drone (by accident obviously)
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

PITS Paul Posted at 2018-8-1 04:18
Hi,

i don't understand, people post that they received a new license to replace the ones they had when their drones are lost or broken, this is exactly what has happened?  The insurance will pay for a new drone, but NOT for a new license since they state it's software, paid for and should be able to transfer (they get their info from dji, so they say)

If the aircraft has crashed or flown away due to the operator error, the License cannot be transferred. The paid repair service can be provided if the customer would like to have it repaired. If the aircraft has crashed or flown away due to a quality issue, for these crash cases, the aircraft can be repaired for free but the License also cannot be transferred. For flyaway cases, a brand-new aircraft with a License will be sent to the customer, and the license is transferred from the flown aircraft’s License. If the fault cannot be determined, a discount will be provided when purchasing a new product and License. The original License cannot be transferred.
2018-8-1
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-1 05:05
If the aircraft has crashed or flown away due to the operator error, the License cannot be transferred. The paid repair service can be provided if the customer would like to have it repaired. If the aircraft has crashed or flown away due to a quality issue, for these crash cases, the aircraft can be repaired for free but the License also cannot be transferred. For flyaway cases, a brand-new aircraft with a License will be sent to the customer, and the license is transferred from the flown aircraft’s License. If the fault cannot be determined, a discount will be provided when purchasing a new product and License. The original License cannot be transferred.

But it’s not my fault that Someone drives over my Inspire!
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

PITS Paul Posted at 2018-8-1 05:10
But it’s not my fault that Someone drives over my Inspire!

I understand your side, sir and I apologize for the unfortunate event that happened. However, it's stated in our policy that if it's not a quality issue, we don't have a way to transfer it.
2018-8-1
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

PITS Paul Posted at 2018-8-1 04:18
Hi,

i don't understand, people post that they received a new license to replace the ones they had when their drones are lost or broken, this is exactly what has happened?  The insurance will pay for a new drone, but NOT for a new license since they state it's software, paid for and should be able to transfer (they get their info from dji, so they say)

Paul....

I would open a support claim. There, in the past has been a procedure for transferring licenses, but DJI must have the "destroyed" inspire in their possession. I'm not sure why you aren't just sending it in for repair. Warranty or not...they will replace it with a new/refurb craft, and your license will be transferred as part of the repair.
2018-8-1
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-1 05:05

Hi Wanda,

sorry for stepping in here, but are you sure about the policy you've laid out? I crashed my inspire 2 last year, a crash that was due to operator error, not a craft malfunction. It was returned for repair. (replacement under DJI care refresh), and a new AC was sent, license transferred. It seems here you should be suggesting to the customer that he return the aircraft for repair and if DJI internally decides to replace rather than repair, then the license should transfer as part of the repair.
2018-8-1
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-8-1 07:33
Paul....

I would open a support claim. There, in the past has been a procedure for transferring licenses, but DJI must have the "destroyed" inspire in their possession. I'm not sure why you aren't just sending it in for repair. Warranty or not...they will replace it with a new/refurb craft, and your license will be transferred as part of the repair.

Thanks for the info, i will send it in for repair but I have to wait because the insurance expert want to have a look at it first.  
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-8-1 07:40
Hi Wanda,

sorry for stepping in here, but are you sure about the policy you've laid out? I crashed my inspire 2 last year, a crash that was due to operator error, not a craft malfunction. It was returned for repair. (replacement under DJI care refresh), and a new AC was sent, license transferred. It seems here you should be suggesting to the customer that he return the aircraft for repair and if DJI internally decides to replace rather than repair, then the license should transfer as part of the repair.

No worries, sir. This is the policy that we have for the license. The thing is you have a DJI Care refresh and that service plan covers operator error. In regards to the decision for transferring the license, that's upon approval of our engineers.
2018-8-1
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-1 08:37
No worries, sir. This is the policy that we have for the license. The thing is you have a DJI Care refresh and that service plan covers operator error. In regards to the decision for transferring the license, that's upon approval of our engineers.

Yes...I think that was my point. While DJI care refresh is a warranty program. DJI also does out-of-warranty repair. The craft should be repaired, at Paul's cost...and there should be no license issues (often in the US, dii's repairs are often actually replacements, at which point the license is transferred during the repair process).
2018-8-1
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

That was my point, i have sent it to dji andjust Paid for the repair, hope to have my baby back soon
2018-8-9
Use props
5kdigitalfilm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7643891 ft
Austria

Could you please show me where I can find this policy, I have an insurance claim on a crashed I2 and they will not pay for the new liscence unless I show them that  DJI’s official policy does not transfer  software activation keys to new aircraft. Also where can I find the water damage policy, where it states that if an aircraft I has been submerged in water or has water damage that it will not be repaired , insured and that DJI recommends it never to be flow for safety reasons. Thank you in advance, An email containing this information from DJI would greatly speed up my insurance process and allow me to purchase a replacement quickly. Please feel free to send me personal message.
2019-10-31
Use props
djiuser_MpD4Ru6VAEcQ
New

United States

DJI inspied 2 New Firmware update has damaged my drone. The drone does not recognize the DJI ssd cards.  DJI wants me to sent them the drone but want me to pay for the repair. The drone was working perfectly fine before the update. Why should any client pay for their problems.
DJI customer service is by far the worse I have ever seen if you don't believe me call their vendors and view ALL the BBB complaints.
I believe they have amazing products but you have to take a chance, have luck, and hope to God that you will never need customer service.
2020-7-25
Use props
ManerkStudios
New
United States

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-8-1 07:33
Paul....

DJI inspied 2 New Firmware update has damaged my drone. The drone does not recognize the DJI ssd cards.  DJI wants me to sent them the drone but want me to pay for the repair. The drone was working perfectly fine before the update. Why should any client pay for their problems.
DJI customer service is by far the worse I have ever seen if you don't believe me call their vendors and view ALL the BBB complaints.
I believe they have amazing products but you have to take a chance, have luck, and hope to God that you will never need customer service.
2020-7-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_MpD4Ru6VAEcQ Posted at 7-25 12:18

What "new firmware"? The last firmware version (.0300) for Inspire 2 was released during Clinton's administration ...
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules