1159 5 2018-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft
Germany

Hi at all.

Did some test flights yesterday in my backyard to experiment with hand-landing and APAS. It is a small garden area, 30x8 meters in range. I recognized that my MA didn't really speed up in P-mode. In 25 meters, 2m/s max speed. That feels very slow to me. In Sport-mode all was normal.
I have to do a test in a more open area. Does somebody knows the distance from zero to max-speed in P-mode?

Can it be that the use of APAS limits the accelaration? Or was this caused by the surroundings, when the obstacle-warning sets in? For the spped-test there was no obstacle, but APAS was on.

What I noticed: APAS works only when the MA has enough room to recognize an obstacle and time to calculate the new route. Hovering below 9 meter distance and start towards an obstacle brings the MA only to a stop, not to fly around the object.

Greetz, DB

2018-8-1
Use props
alpbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 779281 ft
Turkey

Yes, APAS limits your speed. When I press the APAS icon on the screen while I am on P-Mode, I can see that the speed decreases substantially.
2018-8-1
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4

alpbird Posted at 2018-8-1 01:48
Yes, APAS limits your speed. When I press the APAS icon on the screen while I am on P-Mode, I can see that the speed decreases substantially.

Okay, thank you sharing your experience. Hope I can test it later.
2018-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

In small areas all sensors are working and will slow aircraft down within 15 metres of any obstacles, so when you were in S mode all sensors are off .
2018-8-1
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-1 03:47
In small areas all sensors are working and will slow aircraft down within 15 metres of any obstacles, so when you were in S mode all sensors are off .

Yes, that is was I thought about. Didn't know the distance of 15 metres. Thank you.
2018-8-1
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4

I have done some test flights in the afternoon. That's what I have recognized:
#1: At 5 meters height, P-Mode max speed was 8.4 m/s (pretty fast)
#2: At 5 meters height, APAS reduces the speed down to around 50%.
#3: At 20 meters height, P-Mode max speed was 8.4 m/s.
#4: At 20 meters height, P-Mode with APAS max speed was 17.4 m/s
#5: At 2 meters height, P-Mode max speed was 8.2 m/s.
#6: At 2 meters height, APAS max speed was 2.3 m/s.

All done at a range from 0 - 100 meters, obstacles (trees, 25 m height) at 120 meters
At #4, APAS noticed the obstacles at 90 meters and reduced the acceleration and speed.
This is not a complete list, but shows a tendency. It is good to know the relation between height and speed using APAS with the Activ Track feature for example.
Would be nice, if DJI can support us with more detailed information!
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules