11952 21 2018-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glorious
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2697 ft
United States

Hello,

I bought a refurbished DJI Spark and when I try to buy the DJI Care Refresh I get the following messages:

Your aircraft has been activated over 48 hours. You cannot purchase DJI Care Refresh.
Gimbal S/N can't be blank
Gimbal S/N You've purchased DJI Care for this aircraft before.

As per my understand DJI Care Refresh can be used in refurbished products. Is there a way to reset my aircraft's serial number so I can buy the DJI Care Refresh?

2018-8-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

interesting question!
2018-8-1
Use props
Glorious
lvl.1
United States

For everyone's information, I've contacted DJI Care explaining my situation. They came back after 1-2 hours asking for a proof of purchase. I provided the proof of purchase and my aircraft's Serial Number. They did reset it and I was able to buy the DJI Care Refresh, which after the purchase automatically was linked to my aircraft.

First experience with DJI Care Support = 5 starts.
2018-8-1
Use props
Myk Inocencio
lvl.1

United States

Hi there..glad to see this post..i am in the midst of planning to get a refurbished Spark (combo) and was kind of doubting if it is worth it considering it has been probably repaired.  I must admit I am a newbie when it comes to drones and this will hopefully be my first drone...

Although there are much cheaper drones out there recommended for newbies, I am thinking of long term use so it would be impractical for me to buy a 100 dollar drone now and later purchased a much expensive spark..

i am just probably afraid of crashing  
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, could it you please send your SN via PM so that can check it for you?
2018-8-1
Use props
Glorious
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-1 09:33
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, could it you please send your SN via PM so that can check it for you?

Hello DJI Tony, as per my last post, your colleagues actually sorted out the problem and I was able to buy it.

Thank you.
2018-8-1
Use props
djiuser_AITdEDi1d830
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111188 ft

The spark as problems with it, don't buy I have had mine for less then a year my first one new from the store lost the battery in flight. The refresh on went into atti mode and crashed and you have no control in atti mode the spark will just fly away. If it hits someone or hurts someone your responsibility.. Look it up many having there spark go into atti mode and flying away. Ether loosing there spark or it crashing and DJI will not cover it you will have to pay for repairs.  They are doing nothing about this issue of atti mode.. DJI NEEDS TO LOOK INTO THIS BEFORE SOME ONE GETS HURT OR WORSE!!
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Glorious Posted at 2018-8-1 12:38
Hello DJI Tony, as per my last post, your colleagues actually sorted out the problem and I was able to buy it.

Thank you.

Hi, that's great to know! Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you and have a safe flight.
2018-8-1
Use props
bubbarosa
lvl.1

United States

I'm having problems register my DJI Mavic Pro.... I get the  YOUR AIRCRAFT HAS BEEN ACTIVATED OVER 48 HRS messaage... I got this off of EBay and was told it was NEW Open Box... I got it and the plastic protector film was still on the controller.. so I assumed it probably was new.. the seal was broken... So I went to activate DJI care..... NOPE>> YOU CAN'T DO THAT... CRAP.. NOW WHAT... Did I get screwed?   Or can this be reset?
2018-10-3
Use props
bubbarosa
lvl.1

United States

And why can't I open up a new thread.... What kind of forum is this that you have to chat up a bunch of people to get access to that.. that's just crazy
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

bubbarosa Posted at 2018-10-3 08:29
I'm having problems register my DJI Mavic Pro.... I get the  YOUR AIRCRAFT HAS BEEN ACTIVATED OVER 48 HRS messaage... I got this off of EBay and was told it was NEW Open Box... I got it and the plastic protector film was still on the controller.. so I assumed it probably was new.. the seal was broken... So I went to activate DJI care..... NOPE>> YOU CAN'T DO THAT... CRAP.. NOW WHAT... Did I get screwed?   Or can this be reset?

Hi Bubbarosa, could you please provide me with your drone's serial number? I'd like to double check first.
To register DJI Care Refresh, you need to do it within 48 hours of activation of the drone, or you may need to send us a verification video to get the permission to purchase it. Please provide me with the serial so I can help to check first.
For your question about the new thread, please kindly note that users are not able to create new posts if their account points are less than 40, thank you for your understanding.
2018-10-3
Use props
djiuser_t8UGyEYFkBpv
New

Australia

Hi Team,

I am planning to buy a Refurbished Mavic Pro from Kogan, they advertise it as Official DJI Refurbished Drone, can i get DJI Care Refresh on a Refurbished Drone ?
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_t8UGyEYFkBpv Posted at 1-4 01:13
Hi Team,

I am planning to buy a Refurbished Mavic Pro from Kogan, they advertise it as Official DJI Refurbished Drone, can i get DJI Care Refresh on a Refurbished Drone ?

Hello, yes, you can purchase DJI Care for a refurbished product. The coverage amount will be the same as for a new product. It is suggested purchasing from the authorized channel.
Please kindly note that DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. Please confirm the drone's version with the dealer. Thank you. refurb.png
2019-1-4
Use props
SamRoberts22
New

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Support team,

I've purchased a refurbished Mavic 2 Pro drone from DJI authorised reseller but cannot buy DJI Care refresh package. I am being asked to submit video verification, but if the drone is sold through an authorised dealer surely it should have been checked as suitable for resale & subject to DJI Care Refresh package prior to me buying it?
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SamRoberts22 Posted at 2-12 01:53
Hi DJI Support team,

I've purchased a refurbished Mavic 2 Pro drone from DJI authorised reseller but cannot buy DJI Care refresh package. I am being asked to submit video verification, but if the drone is sold through an authorised dealer surely it should have been checked as suitable for resale & subject to DJI Care Refresh package prior to me buying it?

Hi Sam, the DJI Care Refresh can be purchased directly when the drone is not activated or within 48 hours after the activation, otherwise, the verification video is required. Appreciate your understanding.
2019-2-12
Use props
SamRoberts22
New

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2-12 02:21
Hi Sam, the DJI Care Refresh can be purchased directly when the drone is not activated or within 48 hours after the activation, otherwise, the verification video is required. Appreciate your understanding.

Hi thanks for getting back to me.  Will the drone be properly registered to me as owner if the activation has not been reset during the refurb process?
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SamRoberts22 Posted at 2-12 03:51
Hi thanks for getting back to me.  Will the drone be properly registered to me as owner if the activation has not been reset during the refurb process?

If the activation has not been reset, the drone will not need to be activated again, the activation account would be the previous owner, but that will not affect you fly the drone, you just need to register your own DJI account.
2019-2-12
Use props
RonL_SF_Bay
New
United States

Similar happened to me with a BNIB refurb Mavic 2 Pro. I sent a PM to DJI Tony then activated it so I could update and go fly. As soon as the controller linked to the drone, the dji Care purchase screen came up on my phone.
2019-12-31
Use props
Frank Elliot
lvl.1

Australia

I just bought a refurbished mavic pro platinum and had the same problem except that Dji won’t return my emails.
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Frank Elliot Posted at 7-7 20:34
I just bought a refurbished mavic pro platinum and had the same problem except that Dji won’t return my emails.

Hi Frank, may we have the serial number of your drone? I didn't find the email record via your Forum account, what is the email ticket number?
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_84g2qOlFJ1WG
New

United Kingdom

I am looking to buy a second hand dji mavic2 pro. Would i be able to purchase care on it? Presumably with video evidence?
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_84g2qOlFJ1WG Posted at 11-23 13:29
I am looking to buy a second hand dji mavic2 pro. Would i be able to purchase care on it? Presumably with video evidence?

Hi there, you may refer to this website: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq for more information about the DJI Care Refresh. Hope this helps.
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules