Spark known to Crash from going into atti mode.
1375 7 2018-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AITdEDi1d830
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111188 ft

Dji has a big problem with the spark it will go into atti mode in flight for nor reason and you will loose control of the spark and it will crash. You need to hope it don't hit someone or hurt anyone or anything as you will be responsible for all damages from your spark. My spark when I first got it from the store it worked great till one day it was in flight and the battery came out and it crashed. Thanks to the dji refresh program I returned it and they did send me a spark back.. This was great till all I had was trouble with it. First I got gimbal overload and it went away then later it started this atti mode thing and lost control but got it to land. Then after looking at many videos on you tube I find this is a bigger problem with spark many ether loosing there spark and it crashing to never getting it back. Well I send mine in and they say it's my error I'm at fault and it will cost me to fix it. Well I'm getting my. Spark back and putting it up for sale. As it has many out there with the same issue going into atti mode and when it dose the spark is to stay in one spot but it don't it flies off and you have no control..
So BEWEAR OF THIS AND IF YOU HAVE ONE GOOD LUCK..
VideoCapture_20180723-153313.jpg
2018-8-1
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Practice with a cheap toy drone in ATTI and piloting without autopilot help won't be an issue.  If it goes into ATTI a lot then it might be worth sending in for inspection by DJI incase the GPS or compass units are having problems.

2018-8-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I had a couple of attis with my Spark.
But lucky, always RC connection.
I think, harsh trying to get back control is keeping it in atti.
My attis have been, if I recall that right, always in a bit windy conditions, by switching from sport or to sport.
And always letting it go a bit with the wind  (of course you need to have the space) got it quickly back into GPS mode.

I think that just having one compass is the problem.
And the total disabling of the GPS, from 18/xx sats to nothing as soon the "yaw error", "speed error", compass failure hits the bird, of course!

2018-8-1
Use props
djiuser_AITdEDi1d830
lvl.2

I have used many drones in atti mode. But when spark goes into atti mode you have no control or very little it just wants to fly away.. I have had it happen twice or more with this park and half the time you can get some control and land others it's very hard and you just have to push it to land where ever it is.
2018-8-1
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

I’ve yet to experience my Spark switching to “ATTI” mode, though it’s not my primary flying machine and I only use it for still photography. However I do fly all my other craft  in ATTI (DJI), Stabilised (APM), Balanced (Flyshark) Mode. In this mode the GPS circuits are still reporting the position of the craft but have no influence on its flight characteristics. Even switching in full manual mode ( no self levelling ) the GPS is still functioning but only reporting positional information.

In the case of the Spark, when it forces itself into ATTI mode, it appears it’s still trying to use the GPS and Compass data hence the constant stream of error messages and the often reported erratic behaviour. If this is the case a possible solution would be to invoke a timer or counter whereby after a set number of errors the Spark goes into TRUE ATT-MODE and the GPS/Compass data is ignored completely until the craft is power cycled.

I have four Phantoms, five self built craft using NAZA V2 FC’s, four craft using APM/PIXHAWK FC’s, and a number of other models using proprietary FC’s based around the APM architecture. In the six years I’ve been flying these machines I have never experienced anything close to a flyaway or crash.  I appreciate that with many of the reported Spark failures some degree of negligence by the operator can be accounted for, e.g. incorrect calibration of the compass/IMU, flying in too harsh of an environment, etc, but these misgivings should not result in the loss of the craft if the erroneous data can be ignored and the flight controller can be retarded to function in a very basic way, much like any cheap brushless quad, until the operator can safely land and investigate the issue.

Regards.

2018-8-2
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

Nidge Posted at 2018-8-2 01:08
I’ve yet to experience my Spark switching to “ATTI” mode, though it’s not my primary flying machine and I only use it for still photography. However I do fly all my other craft  in ATTI (DJI), Stabilised (APM), Balanced (Flyshark) Mode. In this mode the GPS circuits are still reporting the position of the craft but have no influence on its flight characteristics. Even switching in full manual mode ( no self levelling ) the GPS is still functioning but only reporting positional information.

In the case of the Spark, when it forces itself into ATTI mode, it appears it’s still trying to use the GPS and Compass data hence the constant stream of error messages and the often reported erratic behaviour. If this is the case a possible solution would be to invoke a timer or counter whereby after a set number of errors the Spark goes into TRUE ATT-MODE and the GPS/Compass data is ignored completely until the craft is power cycled.

Very well said ... fully agree with you. Spark's ATTI mode shouldn't be such a disaster, and like you said, more can be done to allow it to continue fly in a controlled manner even in ATTI mode.
2018-8-2
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

ATTI mode can mean have to wrestle with it some. It will fight, but go to sport mode and it's easier
2018-8-2
Use props
djiuser_AITdEDi1d830
lvl.2

Was in sport mode and it's not that I can't fly it but when the spark jumps into atti mode while in flight your remote seems to stop working all you can control is left and right movement.. Look into others having this same issue and you will see this happens to all with the spark.. You'll ether loose your spark or you'll crash land..
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules