Firmware update has given my p2 a beat down. RC/gimbal won't connect
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andym82
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok so this is one for the technical wizards of the forum as my p2 currently is clinging onto life after attempting to solve a big problem that has now been surpassed, twice.
In short:
My p2 was taking off but showing red lights (battery warning) before landing by itself. I tried calibrating batterries, new battery etc etc. Nothing. So I then tried to use the dji assitant software to do firmware updates, recalibrate compass etc. Nothing worked still.

After a h3-3d firmware update my gimbal slipped into a restful coma it is yet to awaken from. Here is the funny thing, as it is now 'dead' the firmware is not there anymore so I can't re-try or do anything as it just sits idle. I have tried the shorting of the circut trick but didnt work.

Then.....

I updated everything on the update page again at some point (I should have learned my lesson by now) and as it updated the RC, the RC then failed to turn on. I have tried new batteries but it still fails to turn on. I have read lots of advice about re-attaching and running the remote control firmware again but the RC is not turning on so it is not recognised by the assistant and therefore no re-try of the RC firmware is possible.

When I just had the one issue of it not being able to fly it was such a simpler time.

Can any of this be solved? I'm concentrating on the gimbal and RC at the moment so any advice would be great.
2018-8-1
Use props
Parzival
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

Following an update four days ago, I noticed the gimbal (on my 210RTK with a X4S using GSPro) no longer auto-deploys to -90°. I was using a helicopter to get to my site, and had to re-visit one site due to not noticing this in the field (our iPad loses connection with the Cendance regularly, so I have gotten to where I just launch the 210 and watch it "do it's thing" for 10 minutes). Lesson learned on that one! I have to confirm the camera is at -90° before I take off now, manually changing it. I presume this was due to the firmware update I applied, since nothing else changed. I did not update GSPro the first day out following the 210 FW, but I did the next, and still have the problem.
2018-8-3
Use props
Andym82
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anyone know anything that could possibly fix the problems? Or has the DJI updates killed the whole drone and gimbal and there is no hope?
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules