Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A3 altitude hold buffeting issue on bespoke system.
1062 1 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMPt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,We are currently building a hex system that uses a bare A3 autopilot. Previously we have used A2 on our systems and experienced no trouble flying, however now with A3 we see fairly big altitude buffeting +/-1m. Overal in terms of other controls UAS flies fairly well.
Now we have tried to look at the data and troubleshoot the system, however, we only have one autopilot and therefore no reference at all. Would there be any way to acquire or someone would not mind sharing some data of the well flying system at altitude hold and at the full or partial throttle while constrained on the ground? Also If someone gave me some clarification on the data velocity_valid_flag_00 that would be much appreciated. As far as I understand this variable in the data states validity of the velocity but in all of our data it is recorded to be 0 which suggests that all of the velocity data is invalid? We are wondering if it is only our unit or there are some discrepancies with that variable or we interpret it wrongly?
The FW of the A3 autopilot is 1.7.5.0

2018-8-2
Use props
GMPt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Also, I have another question to add to this about the behaviour of the autopilot.
It seems that there something unexpected happening when switching between modes P and M. when on the ground without the rotors I arm the motors in the GPS Atti (P) mode and switch to the manual (M) mode the throttle stick seems to be still operating as the rate of climb, however, if I arm the motors in the manual mode, then the throttle stick behaves as throttle stick as I believe it should. If I arm the motors in the manual mode I can switch to any mode and back to manual mode without a problem i.e the throttle is still the throttle. If I arm in GPS atti no matter how many times I switch to manual mode an back, it still feels that the throttle stick controls the rate of climb/descend.
I guess the question would be Is this behaviour normal?
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules