Horrible quality in slowmotion, need your advice!
945 9 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoomout.nl
lvl.1

Hi there,

I have been using the Osmo+ during a wedding, to try out its potential.
However, I was shocked by the horrible quality it produced in slow motion mode (even normal mode is 8/10 times really poor)

Can anybody share their experience? It should still produce 1080p, but this is more... Commodore like.

I might be doing something wrong here, but in this case:
- I am using ND filter (Haida NanoPro) with 2 stop filter
- EV meter was around 0,0 (sometimes -0,3 and sometimes +0,7 because of the leaves)
- I always press the screen on which part I would like to focus, in this case the bride
- can't remember if this was on auto or manual mode... switched a couple of times just for failsafe purposes (but cant see the difference in the results)

I have 100 more of those clips with different circumstances (bright light > 4 stop filter, low light > no filter, groups of people, grass)
Only 3-4 clips seem ok, but it makes no sense why.

Looking forward to your replies!

Many thanks in advance.
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Where did the files come from? In the SD card or in the app?
2018-8-2
Use props
flyforfun
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi. The quality may be reduced during the sharing process. You can try to use 'Sync for DJI' app. This app allows download even 4K video on iPhone even in the background without losing any data and quality. I found this app for iOS https://itunes.apple.com/ua/app/sync-for-dji/id1255799480?mt=8 .

After a flight, I open this app, it automatically connects to my drone. I select images and video and tap on download or share button. The app works with Wi-Fi and connected RC. Also, I use it for my OSMO + too.
2018-8-2
Use props
Zoomout.nl
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-2 04:39
Hello there. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Where did the files come from? In the SD card or in the app?

Hello DJI Wanda, The files were pulled directly from the SD card and uploaded to youtube.
The quality is visually 100% the same when viewing the files with the standard windows 10 media viewer, VLC player and Windows Media Player.

Also exactly the same after pulling the movie in Adobe Premiere and exporting it with the highest settings.

I have also uploaded one other clip, exactly the same way which seems the be ok for quality:

2018-8-2
Use props
Zoomout.nl
lvl.1

flyforfun Posted at 2018-8-2 06:30
Hi. The quality may be reduced during the sharing process. You can try to use 'Sync for DJI' app. This app allows download even 4K video on iPhone even in the background without losing any data and quality. I found this app for iOS https://itunes.apple.com/ua/app/sync-for-dji/id1255799480?mt=8 .

After a flight, I open this app, it automatically connects to my drone. I select images and video and tap on download or share button. The app works with Wi-Fi and connected RC. Also, I use it for my OSMO + too.

Dear flyforfun,

thank you for the tip! I will use then, when I would like to download it on my iphone/ipad.
But this is not the case... It was directly from the SD card in windows which should have 0% loss.

I know Youtube is rendering it and loss can appear, but looking at a second upload (exactly the same way)
this one has no loss visually vs viewing directly on PC:
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zoomout.nl Posted at 2018-8-2 08:34
Hello DJI Wanda, The files were pulled directly from the SD card and uploaded to youtube.
The quality is visually 100% the same when viewing the files with the standard windows 10 media viewer, VLC player and Windows Media Player.

Is the firmware updated?
2018-8-2
Use props
Zoomout.nl
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-2 08:49
Is the firmware updated?

I do not get any notification it should be updated.
Firmware is 1.6.1.0
Is this ok?
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zoomout.nl Posted at 2018-8-2 11:47
I do not get any notification it should be updated.
Firmware is 1.6.1.0
Is this ok?

Did you try to reset the camera settings?
2018-8-3
Use props
Zoomout.nl
lvl.1

Dear Wanda,

Apologies for the late reply, it has been crazy busy.
Today I will make test footage before resetting the camera and after to see if there is a difference.

I will let you know!
2018-8-12
Use props
Zoomout.nl
lvl.1

Dear Wanda,

I made some footage before and after, but it does not seem to fix anything.
Some footage is ok, some is really really blurry.

Even during a shot you can see it auto focussing out of focus...

Important: It seems only slowmotion mode seems to be having these issues.
When on normal it's much better and consistent.

2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules