P3P original or fake?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
McCoy2079
lvl.1

Good day brothers please help me how to distinguish a phantom 3 pro original to fake one, because i am planning to purchase one. thank u

2018-8-2
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

How ... you give no link to it ... no photos ... no details at all ...

In fact the only Fake I could imagine is if someone stuck a Pro label onto a Standard or such ... the Phantom design may have similar look-alikes ... Quanum for example ... but they are sufficiently different to be immediately obvious ....

Give us something to work with and we can help ... but so far ??

Nigel
2018-8-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Since there's no such thing as a fake Phantom, you should have no problem
2018-8-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Give the serial number to an admin and they can check for you.
2018-8-2
Use props
McCoy2079
lvl.1

solentlife Posted at 2018-8-2 03:19
How ... you give no link to it ... no photos ... no details at all ...

In fact the only Fake I could imagine is if someone stuck a Pro label onto a Standard or such ... the Phantom design may have similar look-alikes ... Quanum for example ... but they are sufficiently different to be immediately obvious ....

im just planning to purchase thats why i'm just asking is there a possibility that there is a fake one.
2018-8-2
Use props
McCoy2079
lvl.1

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-2 03:28
Since there's no such thing as a fake Phantom, you should have no problem

ok sir thank you
2018-8-2
Use props
McCoy2079
lvl.1

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-8-2 03:30
Give the serial number to an admin and they can check for you.

thanks for the info
2018-8-2
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should be able to easily tell if it's a real Phantom just by looking at the photos of the product being sold. If you're not sure, post a link or the photos here.
2018-8-2
Use props
McCoy2079
lvl.1

msinger Posted at 2018-8-2 03:39
You should be able to easily tell if it's a real Phantom just by looking at the photos of the product being sold. If you're not sure, post a link or the photos here.

thanks for your reply
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. May I know where and what store are you planning to purchase the drone? As mentioned above, just provide the serial number to any DJI Admin and we can tell if you if it is genuine or not . Thanks for your support.
2018-8-2
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Ok ... lets blow two things away ...

1. There are fake Phantoms - where people have taken shells and fitted out ... I was going to fit out my dead P3S with various other gear but decided to use a 450 frame instead. But if someone did fit out Phantom shells - it would be instantly recognisable because the camera / gimbal would be GoPro or other 3rd party as the DJI camera / gimbal setup only works with DJI gear. So compare photos with DJI online and you'll see straight away.

2. Serial Number ............... anyone can have a serial number stuck on an item - doesn't g'tee that item is actually the serial number item. Anyone use genuine Windows ?

The good news is - fake Phantoms are extremely rare and if you did see one ... its immediately obvious not what its said to be.

Nigel
2018-8-2
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

Heaps of variables on this one but where you purchase it from would be a good start I.e. reputable dealer.
2018-8-2
Use props
maddox
First Officer

dude if you purchase one from dji store the it is 100% real
2018-8-2
Use props
Pierrot07
New

What do you think about that one is it a real one?

2019-9-6
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Yeah you can get fakes, but fake drones are fairly rare, the more common one is fake P3 Batteries.

Drones - can be difficult to spot depending on the level of the fake, but visuals can give it away, there's plenty of videos out there for you for you to familiarise yourself with how the drone should look, watch out for different coloured LEDS, more specifically off colour, like a lighter green than the normal for example. A good way to check is to connect to the drone, go inside the app and find the flight controller serial number and give this to someone who can check it for you, this should at the very least tell you that the mainboard is from the right drone. I haven't looked into it but i imagine with how old these drones are, the fact there is dev software out there and rooting being possible, it should be pretty easy to make a very convincing fake. For the most part your worry about something fairly rare, for me it's like asking what to do if your struck be lightning, it's just so unlikely to happen.

Batteries - These are more common and are usually easy to spot, the battery itself is usually a very light silver, not dark-ish like an official one, the LEDS are also a very faded colour, when compared to the bright green on the official one. Overall though these batteries aren't exactly amazingly unique, so if someone wanted to make a convincing fake it is definitely possible. I believe you can also check the serial number in the battery section of the app, you can then get someone to check this for you.
2019-9-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft

Looks legit to me, with a few minor mods.  Why would the dji stickers be placed upside down?  I don't like the way he did the wing stickers either.  

The upside down DJI stickers, to me, is evidence that it is legit, because nobody trying to pass a fraudulent P3P would deliberately place the stickers upside down, would they?  
2019-9-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>

Pierrot07 Posted at 9-6 05:03
What do you think about that one is it a real one?
[view_image]
[view_image]

Yes .. of course it's a real one.
And don't be fooled by these folks saying there are fakes.
They are talking about modified Phantoms.
There really are no fakes out there.
2019-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules