i would never purchase one of these ever again
2003 29 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61640 ft
United States

1 month after purchase the damn thing stopped working ....the drone flys great but the camera signal is the issue .....sent it in and because it had a few cosmetic scratchs they assumed it was crashed and gave me a rediculous qoute of 405.00 half the price of the machine and said it wasnt a warranty issue.....changed cables and the whole 9 yards.....it loses signal when flown more than 4 meters.....they said it needed a main control board and some other board along with covers etc ......so i got a second opinion and they said to try and fly it without the remote via wifi .......so i did and it worked fine camera didnt lose signal........so i recontacted dji and told them that the remote was bad .....so they sent another remote and still the same issue ......long story short this shouldnt of happend being as new as it was .....along with reading others posta about this company and the defective craftmanship issues that refuse to admit ........i lost out on 999.00 and this stupid thing does not work ........i kcik myself in the ass for not reading the reviews before purchase ....now im stuck with something that doesnt work and the company refuses to accept its thy're fault ........BUYERS BEWARE
2018-8-2
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Post up some pics of what they claim is crash damage and some video of the connection loss along with data logs. This will allow others to review over and maybe help come to a better conclusion you can provide to DJI. It may even be an easy fix if someone else recognizes the issue and can guide you to a setting change or something. Never know though.
2018-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s not clear if you had them do the repairs or not, if they said it was crashed then they surely would have needed to check flight log which would have already been on aircraft .dat file.
And did you return RC for a replacement.
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

a small scratch on the top from transport so small you cant even see it with a camera....plus provided flight records as well nothing to really see in a video other than the damn thig saying signal loss return to home .....and yes i did return the rc and supposedly got a new one but the same issues
2018-8-2
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

deejaydroc30314 Posted at 2018-8-2 06:10
a small scratch on the top from transport so small you cant even see it with a camera....plus provided flight records as well nothing to really see in a video other than the damn thig saying signal loss return to home .....and yes i did return the rc and supposedly got a new one but the same issues

Can you kindly post up some pictures? not sure why DJI and not assisting you they have really invested in their customer care
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

even tried a few other things like change the bandwith from 2.4 to 5.2 .........swapped cables etc ...but the crazy thing is it works fine without the remote when i fly it wifi but with remote it still has the signal loss
2018-8-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You don't say who you returned it to!
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

returned to the company who else would i return it to.......DJI
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

Exib Posted at 2018-8-2 06:15
Can you kindly post up some pictures? not sure why DJI and not assisting you they have really invested in their customer care

ive tried to capture pics but it cant even be seen with a camera .......and what good is this going to do to making this thing work right....i didnt say they werent assiting me they are ttrying to charge me 405.00 to supposedly fix it
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

......i tried the picture thing again dont know if this will be of any help
2018-8-2
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

lovely props....thats the thing that affect your transmission dude!!!!
2018-8-2
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Carbon props? Take those off and try again. Interference because of those.

2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

i already knew that was going to be the first response ....but with or without it still has the same problem
2018-8-2
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

deejaydroc30314 Posted at 2018-8-2 06:26
[view_image] ......i tried the picture thing again dont know if this will be of any help

I have read you first post again in fact I have now read it 4 times, so you say DJI are trying to charge you $405 to fix, did they say what they were going to fix in detail? has it had any impact on the front of the drone/camera area. You know they must have seen something other than a few scratches to say its a non warranty claim.

I'm not trying to start any trouble with you but what do you mean you should have read the reviews, DJI are a billion dollar company I have owned 5 drones and appart from the Phantom 1, I did have quality issues with this drone and also had issue with my Inspre V1 (fixed under warranty free of charge) but the Mavic has been rock solid since day one, though I have never crashed it into anything!

Also whats with those non authorised props?
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

please explain why carbon props are an issue if it works fine when i fly it without the remote ..........
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

Exib Posted at 2018-8-2 06:46
I have read you first post again in fact I have now read it 4 times, so you say DJI are trying to charge you $405 to fix, did they say what they were going to fix in detail? has it had any impact on the front of the drone/camera area. You know they must have seen something other than a few scratches to say its a non warranty claim.

I'm not trying to start any trouble with you but what do you mean you should have read the reviews, DJI are a billion dollar company I have owned 5 drones and appart from the Phantom 1, I did have quality issues with this drone and also had issue with my Inspre V1 (fixed under warranty free of charge) but the Mavic has been rock solid since day one, though I have never crashed it into anything!

but if you read further there are plenty with the same issues and have got no fixs other than the company trying to blame the customer .......there are no other scratchs  and the flight records reveal there have been no crashs .....i have been flying drones for quite sometime and im not a beginner .........
2018-8-2
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

deejaydroc30314 Posted at 2018-8-2 06:46
please explain why carbon props are an issue if it works fine when i fly it without the remote ..........

Seriously.  Dude.  Take off the carbon fiber props.  Just do it.  Step one.  It may or may not fix your issue(s), but there's NOTHING good they can provide.  They may look "cool" but they are a waste of money.  Been there, done that.
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-8-2 07:11
Seriously.  Dude.  Take off the carbon fiber props.  Just do it.  Step one.  It may or may not fix your issue(s), but there's NOTHING good they can provide.  They may look "cool" but they are a waste of money.  Been there, done that.

well im kind of looking for resolutions not opinions but i went out and flew it again with the original props ......still no signal FYI
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

and just like DJI it all stops right here ............flight records prove there are no crashs but they still insist its my fault and refuse to warranty the issue in they're melfunctioned product
2018-8-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

[view_image] ......i tried the picture thing again dont know if this will be of any help

If that is THE scratch DJI is voiding warranty over by claiming it is a sign of a crash...  What a Crock of Bovine Scatology.
2018-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Carbon fiber props have been a known problem with signal, not sure why but try taking them off, they are also third party add on so won’t help with your warranty.
2018-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

deejaydroc30314 Posted at 2018-8-2 06:46

Read this post.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-146973-1-1.html
2018-8-2
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

deejaydroc30314 Posted at 2018-8-2 07:15
well im kind of looking for resolutions not opinions but i went out and flew it again with the original props ......still no signal FYI

I was offering both, but after flying 5 different models of DJI products, what do I know?  Good luck.
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-2 09:20
Carbon fiber props have been a known problem with signal, not sure why but try taking them off, they are also third party add on so won’t help with your warranty.

yup went to my authorized dealer and he said it was the carbon fiber props along with some tweaks in the signal source switched me over to 5.2ghz and there it was problem solved ..........thanks for that info without sarcasm .......
2018-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

deejaydroc30314 Posted at 2018-8-2 11:26
yup went to my authorized dealer and he said it was the carbon fiber props along with some tweaks in the signal source switched me over to 5.2ghz and there it was problem solved ..........thanks for that info without sarcasm .......

No problem, but just to say it’s 5.4ghz, hopefully everything will work a bit better now, it’s also good for others who might be using carbon props to know that somehow they are causing problems.
Good Luck...
2018-8-2
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

after a few replys that were resourceful i reject this statement although DJI tried to rip me off with that bogus repair quote thinking i was just going to send them 405.00 all it was ...was a bad remote and those carbon fiber blades ......thanks to all who contributed
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi deejaydroc30314, we are terribly sorry to know about the issues that you had with you drone and the case, could you please provide us with the case numbers of it? We would like to check the details, provide the case to the proper team and learn from it.
2018-8-2
Use props
Hallmark001
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Italy

I cant belive , Hallmark007 is in this post also. Beaware that dude is looking for quick ways of making the original poster be wrong. Why ?
I wish I had a clue. A bitter person.
You just been notified. Dont take his argument for real. Some suspect he is DJI hired to kill complaints.
2018-8-3
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-2 14:09
Hi deejaydroc30314, we are terribly sorry to know about the issues that you had with you drone and the case, could you please provide us with the case numbers of it? We would like to check the details, provide the case to the proper team and learn from it.

i already notified dji support of the carbon fiber issue as they were not aware of this ......i also notified my local authorized repair of the same issue they were not aware of this also .......so thanks to these forums we all learn alot of things we are not aware of .....thanks for your concern i am now off and flying again.......and once again thanks for the input  from the forum users .....i might got a little hstile but i was very frustrated with this issue so much apologies no pun intended much love .........and thanks again and oce again as well DO NOT USE CARBON FIBER PROPS
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

deejaydroc30314 Posted at 2018-8-4 07:49
i already notified dji support of the carbon fiber issue as they were not aware of this ......i also notified my local authorized repair of the same issue they were not aware of this also .......so thanks to these forums we all learn alot of things we are not aware of .....thanks for your concern i am now off and flying again.......and once again thanks for the input  from the forum users .....i might got a little hstile but i was very frustrated with this issue so much apologies no pun intended much love .........and thanks again and oce again as well DO NOT USE CARBON FIBER PROPS

Understood and we respect your decision.  We are sorry again about the issues you had, we'll learn from this and keep improving our service. If there is any help needed, you can let me know or contact our support, we will do our best to help.
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules