Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Fly Zones
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9sxJ77iZ8ZF6
New

United States

DJI has inaccurately established a red no fly zone over the city of Columbus, Georgia, USA. This circular zone has inaccurately encompassed  the entire city. Other drone manufacturers have correctly established the no fly area in their software. I am interested in purchasing several DJI drones but will not do so until the problem is resolved. So far DJI says to get FAA permission to fly the area and send in proof that permission has been obtained. The FAA does not waste their time giving permission to fly in areas that are not restricted. DJI has made a mistake in their no fly software by using large circles to restrict areas that are not actually restricted by the FAA. My question is does DJI intend to fix this problem or do I and many others need to purchase from other drone manufacturers. This is no small problem in this area of the country and there are numerous internet posts concerning this situation. I would prefer to own a DJI but it is no good if I can not fly it in unrestricted air space.

As a prospective customer, I am looking forward to your answer soon.
2018-8-2
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1256995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually, there is a lot of restricted space in that area. I pulled up my aeronautical charts. R-3002 A runs to the surface.

2018-8-2
Use props
djiuser_hRZzv67dLdhW
lvl.3
United States

Looks like Fort Benning and Lawson Army airfield is the issue.   AirMap says it legal with permission to fly in Columbus but it does not look like DJI will allow it.
2018-8-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The Ft Benning problem has been going on for quite some time...

https://forum.dji.com/thread-99590-1-3.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-99734-1-1.html
2018-8-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

These military installations are indeed a good distance from what the NFZ covers.   Ridiculous.
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules