763 4 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Up until now I've been exclusively shooting in 4K/30.   However the smoothness of the video from the Autel Evo has me finally messing around with 1080p/60 - the only way I can get 60fps with the MP.  I know there are a lot of threads on the MP 60fps video and how it is unusable...but I've also read some threads that indicate it may have been fixed with firmware or hardware.   Was there a final consensus?  Is it later hardware builds?  later firmware? or specific settings?

...because, mine is completely unusable.  It is HORRIBLE.  It looks like a pixelated, low res blurry mess.  4K is STELLAR...but 1080p is disgusting.   I actually have two MPs, and this one is a replacement refurb I got through DJI Refresh.  It looks like it was built in March of 2017.   It is nearly perfect in all ways except this.   My other one was built in Aug of 2017, and I haven't tested it at 1080p/60 yet to see if it is any different.

Here are some side by side frame captures that show the difference:
1080p60comp.jpg

Is there anything I can do to improve the 1080p image or am I just stuck with it?   I have no intentions of returning the Mavic since it's otherwise perfect.  I just want to know if there are any settings or changes I can make that might improve the 1080p quality.

Thanks,
LP

2018-8-2
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

It looks like massive amounts of noise reduction are being applied in 1080. Try setting sharpness to +1 if you are on 0 or lower
2018-8-2
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes - I had the style settings at all 0.  I will try to bump up the sharpness....but still confused as to why it is so bad when so many people are claiming it was fixed with firmware.

LP
2018-8-2
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

+1 on playing with your sharpness. I shoot 4K at times, but I shoot a lot of 1080p/60 and it looks a lot better than your video. But I've found that I have to have different style settings for each mode.
2018-8-2
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well I took some additional shots today, playing with increased sharpness.   No good.   Footage looks just as bad as my first attempt.  It looks like some kind of modeled artistic impressionist painting or something.   Strangely enough, 1080p 30 looks great.  As soon as I switch to 60fps, it looks awful.    Any other thoughts on settings?

I'm using the latest firmware and DJI Go.   I wonder if there really is a hardware factor to this...   Geez, and this refurbed Mavic is otherwise perfect in every way so far.
LP
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules