Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WHO IS BEING LET DOWN BY DJI
1053 32 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wizzokartworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HOW MANY OF YOU BE LET DOWN BY DJI?

I have been flying DJI drones for some years now and have a long list of products I have or had but has DJI grows so does the lack of real help my problems have been things like

The box of new drones saying supported by iPad mini 2 but 3 months later no longer supported repaired drone not mine and covered in glue and scratches this was later changed drones being sent back with the camera clam broken so camera was flapping around in the box not being able to calibrate sensors that was blamed on my new computer the list go’s.

SO, WHAT ARE YOUR STORIES??? LETS GET DJI TO HELP MORE

2018-8-3
Use props
Wizzokartworld
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WHO HAS BEEN LET DOWN BY DJI

HOW MANY OF YOU BE LET DOWN BY DJI?

I have been flying DJI drones for some years now and have a long list of products I have or had but has DJI grows so does the lack of real help my problems have been things like

The box of new drones saying supported by iPad mini 2 but 3 months later no longer supported repaired drone not mine and covered in glue and scratches this was later changed drones being sent back with the camera clam broken so camera was flapping around in the box not being able to calibrate sensors that was blamed on my new computer the list go’s.

SO, WHAT ARE YOUR STORIES??? LETS GET DJI TO HELP MORE

2018-8-3
Use props
Richard Starnes

Ordered a Ronin-S over a month ago. It still hasdn't shipped so I cancelled it for a refund, now I am eight business days in and still no refund.
2018-8-3
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI products have treated me well, I feel let down because of the “ control freaks “ they have become....
2018-8-3
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

A few tips: (i) Caps lock is on the left.  Press it. (ii) The standard UK keyboard has keys which provide basic punctuation such as full stops, commas and many other things.  Also, no apostrophe in "go's".
2018-8-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I had a shoelace break once, so now I only wear pull up boots...

Should I petition Puma?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-3
Use props
Air/America
First Officer

United States

It is better to use parachute cord for boot laces, but always wear a reserve parachute.

2018-8-3
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

When I see a post like this, all I hear is noise!  The message is completely lost in the ramblings of, what appears to be, someone shouting very loud and very angrily!  My advice would be to type, stop, read, punctuate, read, post
2018-8-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

SO, WHAT ARE YOUR STORIES???

2018-8-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Air/America Posted at 2018-8-3 03:42
It is better to use parachute cord for boot laces, but always wear a reserve parachute.

Ok, buying some stout leather to cut some new laces...  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-8-3
Use props
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No never let down the time I needed help from DJI was with a warranty claim on my Inspire V1 the legs were not lifting correctly, it was return to the DJI service centre in Germany excellent service, also had issue with a firmware upgrade had help from DJI support though the forum, this is my own personnel experience cant comment on other people have a bad experience
2018-8-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I have had only good experiences.
Thank you DJI.
2018-8-3
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-8-3 04:32
I have had only good experiences.
Thank you DJI.

ya same with me too
2018-8-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I guess we are the lucky few.
2018-8-3
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-8-3 04:38
I guess we are the lucky few.

I guess so from the looks of it.
2018-8-3
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
First Officer
Flight distance : 50259 ft

I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you. Please be sure to have all information ready... what product, what firmware version, what device, which go version, have you tried turning it off and back on again.
2018-8-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-3 03:29
A few tips: (i) Caps lock is on the left.  Press it. (ii) The standard UK keyboard has keys which provide basic punctuation such as full stops, commas and many other things.  Also, no apostrophe in "go's".

2018-8-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

The biggest problem I have with DJI is that.....................................they make damn GOOD drones and every other drone manufacture that has tried to compete with them has closed doors. Yes there are some issues but that is expected with mass production. You can buy a brand new Merc and have issues, I know I have.
2018-8-3
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

untill now they only let me go up my drone flies pretty awesome ;)
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Wizzokartworld, sorry for the troubles. I've read your previous post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-160041-1-1.html As you mentioned in 29#:" i took it to the local computer shop and it did work on one in the shop like my post said i now think you are right about the computer", so I assume the issue has been fixed? Please kindly advise if there is anything else we can help.

BTW, please do not start multiple posts with same topic at the same time as this violtes the forum regulations, I'll merge them here, please kindly note and understand, thanks!
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Richard Starnes Posted at 2018-8-3 02:12
Ordered a Ronin-S over a month ago. It still hasdn't shipped so I cancelled it for a refund, now I am eight business days in and still no refund.

Richard, I've read your previous post and checked again, your order has been refunded, the time frame might be different for various banks, you may contact your bank to check: https://forum.dji.com/thread-157719-1-1.html thanks!
2018-8-3
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Other than the Go4 App not working on many devices as well as my Mini4 now having the similar pixel dropping issues, I like the products.

I think the App problems are really hurting the company reputation since it has resulted in flyaways, disconnects, and people losing their drones.

The list of supported devices is not correlating well with those same device owners who find the App not working. Every day it seems there are users with App connection problems. Either a new post or they add to the many posted topics about the issue.

DJI has IMO has not responded to this situation as they should be doing. They should put up a sticky that says "We are aware of App issues and are working on it"

Problems for many started just a few months ago, and no fixes have been offered other than having to roll back to older apps or firmware of which reps do not recommend, and for user that do roll back, they are not fans of starting up the craft to see the Red FIRMWARE UPDATE REQIURED message throughout their flight.

I work in a drone community here so community has a different meaning to me. If IOS users were having issues I would be chanting FIX IT DJI. Now that many with Mini4's Ipad 2's are experiencing App issues maybe we will see more USERS in the Community supporting one another on this issue that is global and widespread. All one has to do is look at the massive amounts of negative App reviews for Go4 on the Play Store.

To me, if DJI does nothing to remedy this, and the MP go out of program without a fix? Then to me the company dropped the ball.

There is no reason I can find that a multi billion dollar company that creates products to use with mobile devices does not keep a more current device list. Ipad Pro isn't even on that list. Other recommended devices that owners do have, or later purchased for the MP specifically are reported to not work with the current App. Has little to do with device updates as it does the continuing bloat added to the Go4 app that taxes these devices hardware.

Get On It is about all I can say to DJI. or you may find a lot of people jumping on other mfg products.
2018-8-3
Use props
ny300z
First Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

My story...I have been using different DJI drones over 4 years now and love them! They are clearly the best. Do they sometimes do weird things sure but its a flying computer! sh*t happens. I figure it out and move on with my life. Also I am using a pretty much non supported, $49 phone with the newest app software and everything and it works fine.

Also i knew enough to buy my drones locally and get 3rd party insurance instead of DJI's repair. My biggest problem with DJI is their drones took over all my other hobbies cause I love them so much.
2018-8-3
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
United States

ny300z Posted at 2018-8-3 05:31
My story...I have been using different DJI drones over 4 years now and love them! They are clearly the best. Do they sometimes do weird things sure but its a flying computer! sh*t happens. I figure it out and move on with my life. Also I am using a pretty much non supported, $49 phone with the newest app software and everything and it works fine.

Also i knew enough to buy my drones locally and get 3rd party insurance instead of DJI's repair. My biggest problem with DJI is their drones took over all my other hobbies cause I love them so much.

I've got devices that work well too. Note 8 blasts through current Go4 with no problem. That is a 6G ram device with a faster cpu than most others.

There are users with Crystal Sky that have app issues.

Your $49 device works great, but what if you purchased a device on the rec list and it failed like others?

I want DJI to fix this for everyone. Not a select few. The many that have lost aircraft create problems for us all. What does the general public think when they find a drone on their property? Many of them want to see this hobby gone, some don't care.

The more issues with the flyways and crashes in urban areas as there have been reported here in high numbers over the last couple of app updates... That will potentially ruin the hobby for us all.

Collectively we need to get on DJI to manage this problem.

We may get insurance to fix or replace the AC, but if that drone flies into something or someone we will find ourselves with a much greater liability.

App not working for people that own these or other craft are considered dangerous to me, and bad for the hobby users collectively.
2018-8-3
Use props
ny300z
First Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-3 05:43
I've got devices that work well too. Note 8 blasts through current Go4 with no problem. That is a 6G ram device with a faster cpu than most others.

There are users with Crystal Sky that have app issues.

I agree that the app/drone should be more reliable for the reasons you mentioned. My point was just to put it out there that I have been flying for that long without any issues because all you hear is bad news and problems which is not the majority of peoples experience. For every 1 person that blasts DJI and has problems there are probably 50 others who you never hear from because they are out flying and loving their drones.

but like i said, I hope they make it more reliable for ALL so i never run into any issue down the road and regret sticking up for them.

2018-8-3
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
United States

My point as well. If it was a few complaints that would be one thing, but it is not.

People in our local drone club here are not avid flyers. I've talked to many that took their drone out that they bought around X-mas, took on a recent vacation to find it not connecting after taking off and flying somewhere. I have seen so many in the past couple of months here that are flying, then complain mid flight "aircraft is disconnected what do I do?" Our RC field is 2.5 miles deep and nearly a mile wide. It's a safe area for this to happen. Local beaches, hotels, suburban areas are not so protected from mishaps, hence the many newer rules.

Another report of late had his land on a balcony of a private owned home in a prominent beach community over a mile from the area he was flying. The people there renting had kids on the balcony that were very young, and one was in a crib/playpen. They called the rental agency furious as well as local LEO.

The owner was so irate that they called the property managers there and the entire area now has a No Drone ordinance. Did not take the place more than 3 days to do that. The drone was a MP and apparently was disconnected and landed instead of RTH.

We get up in arms when we see stupid pilots, but its not only stupid pilots creating the No Drone Zone protections all over the places we used to be able to fly. It is hardware and app failures that render the craft not usable for the operator.

The vacationer in our drone club I mentioned earlier lost his in the ocean. He was flying out early morning getting sunrise and dolphin shots. MP got "aircraft disconnect" and the screen went all gray. He kept trying to recover but he said he must have pushed it too far out, lost orientation and crashed it in the water. That too could have been worse than becoming more stuff in the ocean.

This is a real problem, and DJI and the DJI owners need to get on the company to get it resolved.
2018-8-3
Use props
Hallmark001
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Italy

Agree with DJI not living up to whats beeing promoted by ads etc.
The drone files from start , then it all begins, problem after problems , no support, no insight in whats beeing fixed or will be fixed. Firmware updates , software updates that cause new problems. In the end , most problems are users according to DJI. They focus on selling more units. We are the paying beta testers. Theres really no dialog with DJI , its monolog.
If your are lucky you get a reply they will inform the R&D departement. That usally mean case closed. I so wish that apples started making drones. That would be the end for DJI.
2018-8-3
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
United Kingdom

Meanwhile, in the real world, most of us bought a drone, got it out of the box, read the book and have been flying without problems since that day.

If crapple started making drones they'd use 5 year old hardware at 2x the cost of modern hardware, be limited to no more than 10ft in front of you and you'll need written permission prior to every flight.  Most likely they'd control the flight and say where you can go and you wont have an option.

And when it breaks they'd charge you $5000 for a $5 repair.
2018-8-3
Use props
Wizzokartworld
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-3 03:29
A few tips: (i) Caps lock is on the left.  Press it. (ii) The standard UK keyboard has keys which provide basic punctuation such as full stops, commas and many other things.  Also, no apostrophe in "go's".

sorry i was trying to see who has had problems NOT SPELLING lesson thanks for the help anyway  
2018-8-3
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
United Kingdom

You might want to look up the difference between spelling and grammar.  And also location those really handy punctuation buttons on the keyboard.

Anyway, you didn't leave promised so just as everyone expected you're just an attention seeking narcissist.
2018-8-4
Use props
SaCameron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66391 ft
New Zealand

Hi
my background : https://forum.dji.com/thread-157868-1-1.html
I spent a lot of $ on a Mavic Pro and Goggles/accessories.  Really liked the tech until it decided to automatically land in the ocean with >10% battery remaining (could have made it to land).  Certainly the wind was a factor, and I knew that even though it was in warranty,  I would be paying for a repair - but this would be fair. Well - it has been 7 months now of dealing with DJI service - no resolution, compromise or budging.  They want more than a new drone to repair, and they want me to pay shipping (I live in NZ and DJI does not support NZ drones - customers have to pay to ship it back and forth to AU).  Now DJI has billed me $100 to send my still broken drone back to me in NZ - even though it has been 7 months now without resolution.  
Great drones, but I do feel let down.  
Contrast this with Apple - when I have had an issue with an Apple Macbook, Ipad or Iphone - I have never been angry when dealing with Apple service - they are courteous (so is DJI), but in contrast to DJI they are also efficient, knowledgable, speak English well and are empowered to do what is right to keep a customer for life.  In my 7 month experience - I have never felt that DJI listened or cared, or would do anything but protect their bottom line.  I have been told incorrect things, just so I would give up and go away.  
this was my experience.
scott
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SaCameron Posted at 2018-8-7 07:07
Hi
my background : https://forum.dji.com/thread-157868-1-1.html
I spent a lot of $ on a Mavic Pro and Goggles/accessories.  Really liked the tech until it decided to automatically land in the ocean with >10% battery remaining (could have made it to land).  Certainly the wind was a factor, and I knew that even though it was in warranty,  I would be paying for a repair - but this would be fair. Well - it has been 7 months now of dealing with DJI service - no resolution, compromise or budging.  They want more than a new drone to repair, and they want me to pay shipping (I live in NZ and DJI does not support NZ drones - customers have to pay to ship it back and forth to AU).  Now DJI has billed me $100 to send my still broken drone back to me in NZ - even though it has been 7 months now without resolution.  

Scott, we've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-157868-1-1.html, please keep us posted there, thanks!
2018-8-8
Use props
Wizzokartworld
Second Officer
  • >>>

Just like me Scott I have the same feelings has you but my drone is flying but for how long? Like I said in my post about my camera but to this day no one has said it has been repaired now when I start the drone the camera keeps moving side to side but if I send it back how long will I Not be able to fly I missed the hottest day's on record last timenot be able to
2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules