Track not working
2206 8 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UpperDecker
lvl.1
United States

I don't think im doing this wrong? And it shouldn't be that difficult, so I'm guessing there is an issue...

In the app, I select 'Track'. I create various points for the ronin-s to follow. I click play to test the track out -- everything looks good and the ronin-s functions as it's supposed to. However, when I click the record button, the camera starts recording, but the ronin-s does not move an inch. I can't find anything online about this issue. Any help would be great.

Bobby
Canon 80D
2018-8-3
Use props
UpperDecker
lvl.1
United States

The other thing I'd like to add is that if I fiddle with the way points too much in the app, the ronin-s immediately disconnects. I can recreate this error every time:

2018-8-3
Use props
UpperDecker
lvl.1
United States

Quick Update:

I downgraded to V01.02.00.10 and was able to get the track function working. I then upgraded again to 1.0.3 and it stopped working. Therefore, there is something definitely wrong with the latest update.

This does not solve my problem though, because while the ronin-s is following the track it is not smooth what-so-ever. If the track is perfectly horizontal, it is smooth....but the moment you add a vertical adjustments to the tracks, the ronin-s takes harsh steps to get down to the next level. It visibly looks like it is walking down stairs....does anyone else have this issue?
2018-8-3
Use props
UpperDecker
lvl.1
United States

Here is a video of what I'm talking about...you can clearly see how jumpy it is while it's following the track path.

2018-8-3
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314406 ft

I have been working with the track a lot. I use a Canon 6D, mostly a 50mm prime but sometimes the 24-70. Sometimes I get smooth tracking but not smooth like using a slider. For me I have not been able to pinpoint and exact problem it just seems the "slower" the track the problem appears more often. But there certainly is an issue with it.  
2018-8-5
Use props
UpperDecker
lvl.1
United States

lenzwizard Posted at 2018-8-5 19:11
I have been working with the track a lot. I use a Canon 6D, mostly a 50mm prime but sometimes the 24-70. Sometimes I get smooth tracking but not smooth like using a slider. For me I have not been able to pinpoint and exact problem it just seems the "slower" the track the problem appears more often. But there certainly is an issue with it.

I'm glad im not the only one. and yes, i've also realized that the slower the track, the more I see the issue. Unfortunately, this is exactly how'd i'd want to use it -- nice slow pans.
2018-8-6
Use props
HVMediaUG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1958169 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey there!

i have exactly the same issue here. Track preview works - but when i hit play, the camera starts recording but the ronin-s does not move an inch.
Need advise how to handle this issue soon.

With kind regards
Felix
2018-11-23
Use props
gbp6461
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263615 ft
United States

HVMediaUG Posted at 11-23 01:24
Hey there!

i have exactly the same issue here. Track preview works - but when i hit play, the camera starts recording but the ronin-s does not move an inch.

I'm having the exact same problem. Using my Nikon D850, Track mode does not work at all
2018-11-29
Use props
HVMediaUG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1958169 ft
  • >>>
Germany

updating the firmware solved it for me...
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules