DJI GO 4.2.24 (3176) for iOS released today
1629 11 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

This new version is posted and the change log is pasted in a picture for you to review;
I will nto be able to test for a few weeks, but if others want to try and comment on it that would be great

DJI Go Change Log Notes

DJI Go Change Log Notes
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for sharing this, if you have some about this update, please don't hesitate to post it. Thank you for your support.
2018-8-3
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-3 10:52
Thank you for sharing this, if you have some about this update, please don't hesitate to post it. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for the support and offer...  I will not have a chance to try it out with my Inpsire 2 for a few weeks, but looking forward to it.
2018-8-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Weird.  I'm not getting the update shown on either of my iPads.   Still at 4.2.22.

Apple must be throttling the roll out, or is this one for iPhones only?
2018-8-4
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-8-4 12:20
Weird.  I'm not getting the update shown on either of my iPads.   Still at 4.2.22.

Apple must be throttling the roll out, or is this one for iPhones only?

Nope, it is for iPAD also.  Did them both at the same time...  hopefully your update will be available soon.
2018-8-4
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-8-4 12:20
Weird.  I'm not getting the update shown on either of my iPads.   Still at 4.2.22.

Apple must be throttling the roll out, or is this one for iPhones only?

DJI usually does a gradual roll out of the app updates, I guess so everyone is not doing it at the same time
2018-8-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Well, I finally got the upgrade this AM for GO 4.2.2.24.  Exactly one week after first posted here too.  Very odd why it takes so long to get the notice, but it is being throttled out perhaps by Apple.

Bad part is it may take two hours for my Wi-Fi to get it if it doesn't drop the server connection while downloading.  Really is a bloated program that needs serious trimming down - and a lot!

This is not going well.  

I got some pop-up warning about doing an "Incremental download as the file is over 150MB in size and to use Wi-Fi" which I have been doing for the past hour.  Might be some server time-out going on too.

So how does one do an incremental download of DJI GO 4?

Fwiw, this program is getting beyond bloatware in app size.  Fat needs to be seriously trimmed out of it (e.g. Editor, music, adware, etc. can be moved out of it into some other separate apps or desktop software.).  Can't do it in the field either else it will eat into my data plan allowance off the cellular carrier, although I did do it with the drone firmware as Wi-Fi was stubborn too, but afraid to look at my cellular bill for doing so.  Least it didn't stall or drop that connection asking for an "Incremental download."

Aside, other websites are loading fine, but the DJI site seems to hang for whatever reasons.  Another reason to trim the GO 4 appware fat perhaps.

2018-8-10
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Incremental Download is something that IOS does on its own. It looks at the difference in the install binary of what you have and what you want to download and only downloads the difference.   I didn’t think it was applying to apps you download.   I was under the impression this technology was limited to the operating system only

I agree the app is getting a little big.   They should make things like the video editing junk a Seperate app.  Even the forum access should be separate or just support Tapatalk like everyone else does.  

I would not limite the models it flys as I fly three different ones and I don’t want seoerate apps for flight of each one.  
2018-8-11
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

I’m very surprised that it took this long for other people to start seeing the download available.

Not alt a roll out that’s massive still only takes a few days.   DJI go is not a very popular download so it could have all been handled in one day.   Weird if they rolled it out on purpose delayed like this.  
2018-8-11
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-8-11 15:38
Incremental Download is something that IOS does on its own. It looks at the difference in the install binary of what you have and what you want to download and only downloads the difference.   I didn’t think it was applying to apps you download.   I was under the impression this technology was limited to the operating system only

I agree the app is getting a little big.   They should make things like the video editing junk a Seperate app.  Even the forum access should be separate or just support Tapatalk like everyone else does.  

On the number of drone models in GO 4, I mean to just download the modules or drones you own into GO 4.  If you don't fly the Mavic, it can be deleted or omitted.  Same for Inspire 1, and the sundry octcopters as well.  Just pick the drone modules you need and load those, and delete them if needed too.

Some editing software (i.e. DxO Photolab) allows you to just download the camera bodies and lenses you use.  You don't need everything made so it helps in the overall size of the program.

It might make GO more efficient by leaving most of it alone and just loading drone libraries or modules.  Might help in the download size too.  Could help prevent some owners of seeing Phantom 3 if they own a P4 or something else as what happens when GO gets corrupted and won't find the drone the owner has after a update.
2018-8-11
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why do they treat Crystal Sky owners with so much contempt by releasing IOS software before their own product updates.
2018-8-12
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

eggbeater Posted at 2018-8-12 15:55
Why do they treat Crystal Sky owners with so much contempt by releasing IOS software before their own product updates.

I don't think they think of Android with contempt.  If memory serves me right they started the development for DJI GO on iOS and that's the primary development platform.  After they build a iOS version, they then build an Android version.

I don't think that will change, any time soon.  In the software development world its a simple decision for them.  I don't think android was something they were concerned with years ago when DJI GO started its life.  I think the testing procedures for Android versions should be better as I think they convert from iOS to android and that might be why you see more people complaints about the android stability (combined with way too may variants in android).
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules