Error after firmware upgrade
3564 12 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansafc78861
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1555 ft
France

Hello, after the firmware upgrade of my Phantom 4 Pro I get the error message 0x2800020, I loose the video connection …. and so on. This looks to be linked to this upgrade: is somebody from the DJI support able to explain and correct this big mistake ?

Detailled mistake after upgrade I can read on the Android tablet now:
Aircraft Encoder Error (0x2800020)
Gimbal joint angle sensor initialization error
Gimbal Calibration Error

Thanks for your feedback and thanks toi DJI to inform their client  !!!!!!!!!
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Did you try to restore the factory defaults and update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2? You can download the software on this link: (https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads) and follow the video tutorial below. Thanks for your support.

2018-8-3
Use props
fansafc78861
lvl.1
France

Sorry this is not solving the issue. After 5 attemps, I get always the same error message 0x022403 (update failed). Of course you can imagine I tried to restore the factory defaults and again tried to update. So now I try to go back to the previous version ….. Not nice at all for a so expensive device !!!
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansafc78861 Posted at 2018-8-3 12:34
Sorry this is not solving the issue. After 5 attemps, I get always the same error message 0x022403 (update failed). Of course you can imagine I tried to restore the factory defaults and again tried to update. So now I try to go back to the previous version ….. Not nice at all for a so expensive device !!!

Sorry for this trouble. You may try using different SD card and check if this error will still appear. Also, you can re-update or refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. If these steps will not resolve the issue, then I highly recommend sending the unit to our facility for a repair. You may submit the request via online, https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Let us know the result. Thank you.
2018-8-3
Use props
Jejc Pro
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-3 13:55
Sorry for this trouble. You may try using different SD card and check if this error will still appear. Also, you can re-update or refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. If these steps will not resolve the issue, then I highly recommend sending the unit to our facility for a repair. You may submit the request via online, https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Let us know the result. Thank you.

Jejc Pro
lvl.1

1#
I sent my P3P in because of firmware update failure caused my drone to no longer connect to the RC. I was informed to send it in and once I did I am charged for repair. Its a very common issues and seems like a setup. Its definitely bad business.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jejc Pro Posted at 2018-8-3 14:17
Jejc Pro
lvl.1

Sorry if you feel that way, may you please provide me the case ID and I'll check it here on my end. I would like to check what we can do here on our end. Thank you.
2018-8-3
Use props
fansafc78861
lvl.1
France

Hello, still not working even after removing the SD card, redid the complete procedure, always 0x022403 error. This device has a maximum of 4 flying hours…. Not really reliable. I'm afraid that finally a problem caused by your firmware upgrade DJI ask me to pay for repair. There is something not clear that way of working. I'm quietly sure that you have the possibility getting the log files to evaluate the issue: do you confirm ? What could I do else before entering to your uncertain repair process ?
2018-8-3
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I doubt you can do anything but change a circuit board in order to solve the Aircraft Encoder Error, have had a replacement with that error ad nothing solved it but sending it back again.
If you out of warranty and have the knowledge, you could try a reflow of the boards, that it showed up after a FW upgrade points in a bad soldering gone loose.
2018-8-4
Use props
fansafc78861
lvl.1
France

So you seems to know the technical issue because of the error code. What about the responsability of DJI after this firmware upgrade ? What is approximately the total cost of that kind of repair (including shipment) ?
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansafc78861 Posted at 2018-8-4 02:31
So you seems to know the technical issue because of the error code. What about the responsability of DJI after this firmware upgrade ? What is approximately the total cost of that kind of repair (including shipment) ?

Hi. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. In terms of knowing the cost of the repair fee, it will depend on the damage assessment of our repair team. For the shipping fee, that will depend on where is your location.
2018-8-5
Use props
fansafc78861
lvl.1
France

Hi Wanda. My location is the north of France, the issue looks to be something around the video treatment . After 20 second of flight I loose the video signal with the message "Processor chip critically overheated...." However the aircraft itself is perfectly working. This was working before the firmware update, I already provided the error codes and also offer to give logs but looks not interesting your colleagues. You have rather precise information so I expect from you the same precision in the answer. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-5
Use props
fansafc78861
lvl.1
France

Hello, I'm still waiting for your feedback. What is your proposal ? What is the estimation of the repair cost ? What is taken by DJI after this issue due the firmware upgrade ?
2018-8-11
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fansafc78861 Posted at 2018-8-11 04:25
Hello, I'm still waiting for your feedback. What is your proposal ? What is the estimation of the repair cost ? What is taken by DJI after this issue due the firmware upgrade ?

You can get an idea of the repair costs from filling out the information in this page.
I believe that it is the 3-in-1 board that has to be replaced in order to solve the aircraft encoder error, but not sure at all.

The processor overheating problem most of all sounds like it is your device that is not powerful enough for the latest app versions.
2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules