Losing connection, switchings channels in flight
841 18 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helmer Baas
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi droners,

I have a Mavic Air, flown over 150km's with it but I keep having trouble every other time. In the exact some place (wide open field), exact same conditions (sunny, no wind) sometimes I have no problem at all, sometimes I cant hardly do anything. The Mavic Air is in FCC mode.

Without problems I can fly over 1000 meters, signal is quite stable, typically the connection is on 5.8Ghz.

A day later, I won't be able to fly because I will lose connection every three seconds. When I disconnect the cable and reconnect again, signal will return again for a few seconds. Frequency will switch between 2.4 and 5.8 all the time, even though it is set to custom 5.8Ghz.

I have tried a new cable, I have reinstalled the app, turned on flight mode, refreshed the firmware on Mavic air and controller, turned on USB debug mode. I am out of options.

Anybody has any clue what I try to fix this? It is really really frustrating that half the time I am not able to fly at all, whilst another time it works perfectly.

Thanks!!
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to re-link your RC to your AC? After that, try to fly your drone and let's see. Please kindly watch the video tutorial below for reference. Thank you.

2018-8-3
Use props
BaasB
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-3 12:55
Hi. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to re-link your RC to your AC? After that, try to fly your drone and let's see. Please kindly watch the video tutorial below for reference. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s

Thanks for your quick reply, also tried this numerous times.  

I thin it actually is the phone losing connection with the RC. The small lamp on the RC remains green al the time, when the phone loses connection.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BaasB Posted at 2018-8-3 13:03
Thanks for your quick reply, also tried this numerous times.  

I thin it actually is the phone losing connection with the RC. The small lamp on the RC remains green al the time, when the phone loses connection.

Hi, thanks for your response. I would like to know what mobile device are you using right now? Thanks.
2018-8-3
Use props
BaasB
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-3 13:08
Hi, thanks for your response. I would like to know what mobile device are you using right now? Thanks.

It is a Huawei P9 lite.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BaasB Posted at 2018-8-3 13:09
It is a Huawei P9 lite.

Upon checking, I see that your Huawei P9 lite is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for Mavic Air. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device for reliability purposes. When using a non-recommended device you will not be able to utilize all the functions of your Mavic Air. There could be a compatibility issue. Here are the listed devices that are compatible with your drone. Please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-8-3
Use props
BaasB
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-3 13:16
Upon checking, I see that your Huawei P9 lite is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for Mavic Air. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device for reliability purposes. When using a non-recommended device you will not be able to utilize all the functions of your Mavic Air. There could be a compatibility issue. Here are the listed devices that are compatible with your drone. Please see the attached image below. Thank you.

[view_image]

I noticed the compatible device list earlier indeed. Since the list is so short, I can't hardly believe this is the final answer to my question. I cannot imagine the issues are due to the phone only.

Is there anything else we can do? Can you see something in log files for example why connection is lost all the time. There must be something I can do except for buying on the 10 or so supported up to date phones...
2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Did u update your firmware just before u started having problems?
2018-8-3
Use props
BaasB
lvl.1

Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-3 13:35
Did u update your firmware just before u started having problems?

Might be, not sure to be honest. I have read more problems with the latest (couple of months old already...) firmware.
2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Jip. My MA started giving the same problems after the firmware update. Not sure if it is your problem though. People tend to get a bit touchy if we mention problems with the firmware around here.....
Mine disconnected, video will stop recording or freeze. Sometimes it will RTH after about 20 meters etc. Had to send mine in for repair, still waiting to get it back. Worked perfectly before the update.
2018-8-3
Use props
BaasB
lvl.1

Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-3 13:40
Jip. My MA started giving the same problems after the firmware update. Not sure if it is your problem though. People tend to get a bit touchy if we mention problems with the firmware around here.....
Mine disconnected, video will stop recording or freeze. Sometimes it will RTH after about 20 meters etc. Had to send mine in for repair, still waiting to get it back. Worked perfectly before the update.

Sounds familiair. I am really considering to buy a supported phone, but I have not too much faith in that being the solution. The whole internet is full of people having problems with the latest update.

@DJI - any timeframes know regarding a new firmware update potentially solving this issue?
2018-8-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Aww man, go and read the forums, no news about new firmware..........3 months and ticking, if not more, i lost count....
For me, i used 3 different phones and devices, and all of them gave me the same problem. Again, not to say that is your problem.
Why don,t u borrow a friends phone, and test it out first?
2018-8-3
Use props
BaasB
lvl.1

Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-3 13:58
Aww man, go and read the forums, no news about new firmware..........3 months and ticking, if not more, i lost count....
For me, i used 3 different phones and devices, and all of them gave me the same problem. Again, not to say that is your problem.
Why don,t u borrow a friends phone, and test it out first?

Yeah, will try that I guess. Thanks!
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BaasB Posted at 2018-8-3 13:22
I noticed the compatible device list earlier indeed. Since the list is so short, I can't hardly believe this is the final answer to my question. I cannot imagine the issues are due to the phone only.

Is there anything else we can do? Can you see something in log files for example why connection is lost all the time. There must be something I can do except for buying on the 10 or so supported up to date phones...

Thank you for your response. I suggest you try another device so we can check if you will still encounter this issue. You may borrow a compatible device to your friend or relatives.
2018-8-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-3 14:03
Thank you for your response. I suggest you try another device so we can check if you will still encounter this issue. You may borrow a compatible device to your friend or relatives.

Very good advice!
2018-8-3
Use props
Geoffedwards56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244226 ft
Australia

BaasB Posted at 2018-8-3 13:52
Sounds familiair. I am really considering to buy a supported phone, but I have not too much faith in that being the solution. The whole internet is full of people having problems with the latest update.

@DJI - any timeframes know regarding a new firmware update potentially solving this issue?

I have Mavic Air, new May 2018. Also Samsung Note 4 new 1 year ago. Same issues with disconnect all the time. Happened again this morning as well (screen went black and white, froze solid,  drone approx 20m away!). Tried CE and FCC modes, 2.4, 5.8, same issues all the time with every mode. During flight when I loose connection normally the screen goes black, I lock/ unlock with side button on phone, select button to see all running apps, side swipe to kill DJI Go4 app and restart the app. connection comes back ok. also I have just waited and the screen restores sometimes as if nothing ever went wrong. Thankfully the controller maintains connected so can  fly home 'blind' or worse case RTH. Here's the clue DJI.....controller stays connected...go figure!!!!, this does support other internet users claims that the software (DJI) does have serious comms issue.
2018-8-3
Use props
Geoffedwards56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244226 ft
Australia

Hey Guys, (Mavic Air). Anyone stopped using 4K/2K due to distorted images appearing ?. I tried to upload my recording today to DJI Support, but seems support site only operational M-Friday.
2018-8-3
Use props
BaasB
lvl.1

Netherlands

Tested with another phone. Exact same issues. Not sure what to do now, getting pretty sick and tired of this issue by now. I also posted a blogpost on this topic.
2018-8-12
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

As I said, I used several different phones and tablets, no joy. This is a application and possibly a firmware problem. You will have to join the very, very, very long line of people waiting for a fixed app and firmware. (List growing by the day, i have to say.) Send the drone back, and keep on sending it back, until it cost DJI more to help you, than what they made from you, money wise. Maybe that would help, even if it just make all of us feel better.

2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules