1183 5 2015-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

Hello,
Just looking to get good tips on how to make my battery last. Can anyone fill out my cheat sheet below so I can get the most out of my battery:

Case 1:
Brand new battery

Question:
Do I need to condition it at all, and how do i condition it properly?

Case 2:
Phantom flew till 50% charge

Question
Do I run down the battery before recharging it, or just top it up?

Case 3:
I'm not flying for 1-2 days

Question
What state do I leave the battery? (10%, 50%, 100%)

Case 4:
I'm not flying for 1-2 weeks

Question
What state do I leave the battery? (10%, 50%, 100%)
2015-5-24
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Try the search function. ALL of your questions have been answered MULTIPLE times on these pages!
2015-5-24
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l always leave mine at 40-50% until l'm charging to fly.
Every 20th charge you're supposed to drain it right down.
And l've seen no official word but some poster said it's best to condition the batteries the first 5 - 10 uses by only flying 10 minutes or so.
2015-5-24
Use props
our0borus
lvl.2

United States

Dude, seriously?  I'm with dbeck on this one.  Whenever I read a post like this my brain translates it as " I'm too lazy to look thru the forum  and I want immediate gratification".
2015-5-24
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

our0borus Posted at 2015-5-25 09:53
Dude, seriously?  I'm with dbeck on this one.  Whenever I read a post like this my brain translates  ...

I too believe in "research." However...

Several days after joining this forum, I started a search. The search engine (or whatever the forum uses) found something that looked relevant. However, when I tried to reply to the message, I received a dialog box telling me I wasn't authorized for that forum.

Turns out the search facility/engine crosses forums when searching - it does not search ONLY this P3 forum. Bummer.

Another nasty "feature" - if you read a comment in a particular "subject" (like discussion, or announcement) if that same post appears again in another subject area, it automatically gets marked as NOT READ even though you already read it somewhere else.

I'm not sure the Phantom 3 FAQ yet includes all the battery handling information.
2015-5-25
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Battery Care
2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now