Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M issue in 1st 5 mins
1938 13 2015-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wingrove
lvl.1
Australia

Already fearful of DJI's build and QA reputation..
Just unboxed and built my new Ronin-M and already have an issue.  The bolts that secure the handgrips to the arms dont seem to be long enough. Barely bite into the metal, one side only just the other is clearly not long enough.  In the factory they wont see the problem as they just put the bolts into the grips and pack them but once you undo them enough to fit them on the arms theres no doing them up again.  Hopefully DJI will just post me out some replacements.. but based on my first sentence...not holding my breath.

Anyone else have this issue?

jas
2015-5-24
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.3

United States

Same issue, moreover, the thread diamiter is slightly larger inside the loose handle bar. I bought longer screw of same thread from a hardware store and it still doesn't thread correctly. I ended up bolting both handle bars with longer screws, as dji hasn't fixed this issue nor will it.
2015-5-24
Use props
AndersMontgomer
lvl.1

Norway

You could contact you dealer where you bought your Ronin-M and they will probably help you with it.
2015-5-24
Use props
wingrove
lvl.1
Australia

yeah i guess so.  B&H.. fat chance.  
2015-5-25
Use props
wingrove
lvl.1
Australia

Also a bit disappointed the PROPER inverted mode i tried at NAB has been hobbled with this annoying 'camera upside down' only mode of inverted.   but hey. get what you pay for
2015-5-25
Use props
wingrove
lvl.1
Australia

I found the thread was same diameter, a longer bolt certainly fixes it, or removing the lever altogether and just use the bolt.. either way.. sloppy
2015-5-25
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Can the bolt tightly mount the handgrip to the arm?
2015-5-25
Use props
wingrove
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-5-26 11:36
Can the bolt tightly mount the handgrip to the arm?

i think the handgrip is not threaded properly.  the thread is too large for the bolt and its simply doesnt grip.    I need a new handgrip and bolt please!
also 3 days now and no reply from tech support.  Not a good start people. Your reputation preceeds you though so im not expecting much
Time to lift the game though people

2015-5-26
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

wingrove Posted at 2015-5-26 19:32
i think the handgrip is not threaded properly.  the thread is too large for the bolt and its simply ...

Sorry, could you please give me a video of your issue? please send it to yi.zhang@dji.com
THX~
2015-5-26
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

DaVePI Posted at 2015-5-25 13:16
Same issue, moreover, the thread diamiter is slightly larger inside the loose handle bar. I bought l ...

Please send a video of your issue to yi.zhang@dji.com
I will follow up your case
2015-5-26
Use props
wingrove
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-5-27 09:36
Please send a video of your issue to

shoot, upload, send a video.  yes thats fair that i should do all the work
im only the customer. you guys have got a lot to learn
2015-5-27
Use props
wingrove
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-5-27 09:36
Please send a video of your issue to

Ok i have emailed this video of the fault to you as requested and have posted it below  Im sure it is the same issue other users such as DaVePI had posted about

2015-5-27
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

wingrove Posted at 2015-5-28 06:33
Ok i have emailed this video of the fault to you as requested and have posted it below  Im sure it  ...

Thanks a lot!
2015-5-27
Use props
wingrove
lvl.1
Australia

I need to take a moment to acknowledge that DJI owned this issue and a replacement part is indeed on its way to me here in Australia .

Impressed.
2015-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules