Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-s not fully rotating (infinite roll)
9215 10 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ianbentley44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168035 ft
  • >>>

hey what’s up guys....so I went through the settings and got the infinite roll to work however with my Sony A7riii and 24-70 g master lens when I put it into flashlight mode and begin the infinity roll it buckles when it starts to turn over and goes crazy. Any reason for this? Balancing or motor issue? Thanks
2018-8-4
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314406 ft

I have a Canon 6D and I have tried all the proper settings ect... I get the same exact results, it starts to spin and then it just goes crazy. I have tried with 6D & 24-70, 6D with 50mm prime and I even tried with a little old Canon M3. Not sure what I am doing wrong... or if it is the gimbal.
2018-8-5
Use props
SSASS
New

I’m having the same problem with my 6D but it’s not the camera , i did notice if you don’t have the gimbal completely horizontal it goes crazy, but i also get a knocking noise with every 360 rotation.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Ian, just to clarify, please ensure that the Ronin-S has balanced properly especially the Pan axis, please refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us updated if the issue persists, provide me with an operating video for further confirmation, thank you.
Balance:
Roll 360 mode:
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ronin-s-roll-360-mode
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

lenzwizard Posted at 2018-8-5 19:03
I have a Canon 6D and I have tried all the proper settings ect... I get the same exact results, it starts to spin and then it just goes crazy. I have tried with 6D & 24-70, 6D with 50mm prime and I even tried with a little old Canon M3. Not sure what I am doing wrong... or if it is the gimbal.

Hi Lenz, please refer to my reply on 4#, thank you.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SSASS Posted at 2018-8-6 11:37
I’m having the same problem with my 6D but it’s not the camera , i did notice if you don’t have the gimbal completely horizontal it goes crazy, but i also get a knocking noise with every 360 rotation.

Hi SSASS, please refer to my reply on 4#, please keep us updated if it doesn't help, thank you.
2018-8-7
Use props
Michael Munich
lvl.1
Germany

I had the same issues. Just run the balance test before... for me i had to re-balance the pan axis.
Your pan balance should be "good" at least. Then you are ready for the 360 roll
2018-8-8
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Michael Munich Posted at 2018-8-8 05:10
I had the same issues. Just run the balance test before... for me i had to re-balance the pan axis.
Your pan balance should be "good" at least. Then you are ready for the 360 roll

Yes, you can test the balancing and when is good/excellent you can perform 360° roll
2018-8-8
Use props
Checkmeoutnyc
New
United States

Mine also stalls when trying to infinite roll. I have rebalanced my Pan axis 100 times and have tried every measurement option.always says re-balance needed.
2018-9-13
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was having the same issue until I realized the pan axis had not been properly balanced. See this video right around 2:00:

2018-9-18
Use props
fansce8161d0
Flight distance : 1345807 ft

Hi, I’ve have a similar set up. Sony A7iii 24-70 GM. I have use 360 row before with no issue. However, last night when I tried to use it I also had the same issue of the game or not being able to roll continuously and then shaking. I checked with a balance set up multiple times and received excellent in all parameters. Thoughts?
2019-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules