Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic pro to recover glider stuck in hedge
1111 11 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steeevo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 264882 ft

Hi. Has anyone used the mavic to recover anything stuck high up or out of reach. Im not sure what to use. A piece of string with a wire hook at the bottom?

My rc glider is stuck in a 20ft high load of brambles and i put the drone up to locate it and there is no way i can get in the brambles to recover it. What kind of weight can the mavic pro lift?
2018-8-4
Use props
Celsus
Captain
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

It will lift at least its own weight as demonstrated by this video. You do run the risk of having a stranded RC glider and mavic if the hook gets in the brambles bringing your mavic down.  
2018-8-4
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

They are pretty stout. They can pull one of its own so ya go for it.
2018-8-4
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Celsus Posted at 2018-8-4 10:43
It will lift at least its own weight as demonstrated by this video. You do run the risk of having a stranded RC glider and mavic if the hook gets in the brambles bringing your mavic down.  

yup just takes patience lol And video yours too please
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. However, we do not recommend our Customer to use their drone to lift anything because this will cause damage to your aircraft. Please fly with caution. Thanks.
2018-8-4
Use props
Celsus
Captain
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-4 10:54
They are pretty stout. They can pull one of its own so ya go for it.

As demonstrated by the Drone sky hook people - https://www.droneskyhook.com/dji-mavic-products
2018-8-4
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

I would not use my MP to do that.  Check this out, might help:  
2018-8-4
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

if it's only 20 feet up, you're best option may be to rent a vertical lift platform or a "cherry picker" as we used to call them. You risk losing your glider and MP if you're not careful. A tall extension ladder may get you there as well.
2018-8-5
Use props
Celsus
Captain
United Kingdom

Any luck with the recovery?
2018-8-7
Use props
Steeevo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 264882 ft

Well idecided against using my mavic pro to recover the glider and ended up putting my fire brigade kit on and getting a 5m ladder and climbed up and then layed another 5m ladder across and climbed over and grabed it. It was still in one piece but the lipo battery is completely drained as it was left on in the hedge overnight.

2018-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Steeevo Posted at 2018-8-7 13:41
Well idecided against using my mavic pro to recover the glider and ended up putting my fire brigade kit on and getting a 5m ladder and climbed up and then layed another 5m ladder across and climbed over and grabed it. It was still in one piece but the lipo battery is completely drained as it was left on in the hedge overnight.

Depending on who owned the bramble hedge bushes, I might have gone with gas powered extending pole saw.
2018-8-7
Use props
Dorset_Horn
First Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

Earlier this year I had to " adjust" the tree with a hand saw carried under my jacket to avoid attention. I brought the branch to within shaking distance. However, as my Mavic fell I was too far to catch it cleanly. It bounced off my outstretched hand and buried itself in the ground. It had to go to drone hospital for a short but expensive stay.

lost Mavic

lost Mavic
IMG_9748.PNG
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules